Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Force 13+

• Force 12-

• Total voters
C

C A Iversen

Can the Sharks maintain the 2007 form which took them to within 5 minutes of winning the Super 14? Or will the Force show that they have become a genuine force away from home?

Well, I wouldn't bet against the Force going close, but it'd be a keen man indeed who backed them home in this. Still they have a liberal scattering of talent around the field Giteau, Mitchell, Sharpe, Fava, to name a few and have at times surprised teams. It's just so much harder to do so when your away from home against a quality (top 5 at least this year) side such as this.

I just can't see the Sharks losing this, even though they have suffered the inspirational loses of Percy Montgomery, John Smit and Bobby Skinstad.

Watch Michalak though, it'll be interesting to see if he'll be a blessing or a curse this season.

Last season the Force travelled to South Africa and won every game, and dispatched both the Sharks and the Bulls....Force by less then 12.

The Force did beat the Stormers and the Bulls at home last year so you've proved they play well in the Republic. But then they went and lost to the Lions at home, so maybe a case of beginners luck for them last year. Their back line is top notch, but their forwards have cracked more than they should.

Our front row is gonna give them a damn hard time when there's a scrum. The du Plessis brothers and BJ Botha are all Springboks and have great work rates for big men.

I'll predict this one when I see the starting lineup, but I'm confident the Sharks will take it.

The Force did beat the Stormers and the Bulls at home last year so you've proved they play well in the Republic. But then they went and lost to the Lions at home, so maybe a case of beginners luck for them last year. Their back line is top notch, but their forwards have cracked more than they should.

Our front row is gonna give them a damn hard time when there's a scrum. The du Plessis brothers and BJ Botha are all Springboks and have great work rates for big men.

I'll predict this one when I see the starting lineup, but I'm confident the Sharks will take it.
[/b]
Just doing a little bit of research, the Force are still unbeaten in South Africa, I was confident that the Force would beat the Highlanders and Lions last year, that's the thing about the Force, they can play good rugby and then play shocking rugby...I'm hoping for the former of course....

Taking the Sharks, but me thinks Johnny Mitchell's had his head in the shine-o-ball-o again and there might be a sniff of an upset here...

I'm picking the Sharks.

They've got a more well-balanced team than the Force who have a decent backline, but not much up front.

Sharks by less than 12. If it were played in Perth I'd pick the Force, can't see them winning at Durban.

The Sharks should have the goods up front, where they can put ot 2 front rows that can definately compete with, and probably dominate, just about every other front row in the comp. But they`re a little light on physicality in the back row, although there`s plenty of pace and skill.

But it`s the Sharks backline that kinda worries me a bit. Look, they`ve got game-breakers in virtually every single position, but therein might lie a problem. Last season, they had the experienced old heads of Montgomery and James to slow things down, and kick for the corners when required. This season, that experience is gone, replaced by playmakers who all want to run from under their own sticks. Dunno, maybe they click and get it right.

But I have a funny feeling that they`ll score plenty of tries, but leak a helluva lot too without their experienced old hands. Hopefully they`ll score more than they leak, seeing as the Force are due a loss over here....

Yeah that's true. Brad Barritt, Waylon Murray, Frans Steyn and JP Pietersen are all under 22 years of age. Hopefully Terblanche will add a bit of composure.
I'm 100% behind the brand of rugby Muir is being with the Sharks though. Eventhough I know it's gonna give me sleepless nights *sigh* :)

I voted the force to win but im biased and will tip em to win every game this season.

The Sharks should win this one, but then again alot of people forget that the Force were one of very few teams to win at the Bulls' homeground in 2007 and in Kimberley against the Cheetahs in 2006, so they may not take to the Republic's atmosphere too badly. All that been said, I think this'll be a tight match in the Durban heat and moments of brilliance will be seen from the two number 10's to lighten up what should be a real grind. Sharks by 6.

I'd love to see the Force thumped in the opener. The comps always that much better when the South African sides keep their confidence after a good round one.

Although I think The Sharks will win this one, I can't see them make the playoffs.

They have lost Skinstad, Smit, Ackerman, James, Montgomery and a few others and gained only one real big name who's Michalak who will probably have a blunder all season long knowing him.

I think the Sharks are being talked up a bit on the basis of last season, I doubt they'll be anywhere near as good this time round.

I think we all have to realise that most teams are depleted, so it puts everyone back on an even keel. The Force are one of the few who've not lost many.

That's true but overall all the big teams from RSA, NZ (mostly) & AUS have lost experienced players. So the overall standard has dropped IMO.

Force News:
Matt Henjak apparently punched Haig Sare and his jaw may be broken. So it looks like we will be without our wing and half back starters...brilliant...

Force News:
Matt Henjak apparently punched Haig Sare and his jaw may be broken. So it looks like we will be without our wing and half back starters...brilliant...
[/b]
:D

That's the same *** head who punched a lawyer at a night club here. The Force paid him A$ 20 000 (R120 000) to keep quiet lol!

<div class='quotemain'>
Force News:
[/b]
:D

That's the same *** head who punched a lawyer at a night club here. The Force paid him A$ 20 000 (R120 000) to keep quiet lol!
[/b][/quote]
That was in 2004 when he was with the Brumbies, and the ARU knew of this payment despite the fact they refuse to admit it. And it was $15,000, I mean, like the lawyer woudl have gotten anything but a bit of fame by whinging about some drunken nightclub incident two years before....

Latest posts