• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks Vs Stormers

C

C A Iversen

A 60/40 prospect in my book and it's the Sharks I give the 60% chance of winning. With them at home they should slide in by 10pts.

This has IMO the potential to be the game of the round. Sharks to win but I'm expecting a bruising encounter.

What, no poll? Cummon Craig, this is no time to slack off! :D

That being said *cough* I expect the Sharks to win by 13+ points at the Shark Tank. Our boys have become incredibly hard to beat in Durbs the last couple of years.

I was particularly impressed by the mobility of our pack in the last game against the Force. We were hitting the rucks with consistent force and conviction. I REALLY rate our forwards highly this year. The Stormers pack, especially the loosies, let their team down last week. With pressure from the best forward pack in SA, I expect they'll crack even sooner.

Muir has promised that our backline will be more potent this weekend. Possible start for Michalak maybe? Steyn move to 12, and Barritt sit this one out? Steyn played a great game at flyhalf last week, but seriously, this guy needs space to influence the game more.

If Michalak plays Stormers win, if he doesnt then the Sharks should win comfortably ;)

The second half performance at the Newlands last week was dreadful but in the first half the Stormers dominated the Bulls, the pack looks much improved but the accuraccy and penetration of the backline was quite poor. Grant needs to improve his kicking also.

Should be another close match, but you always have t favour the home side, especially with the Sharks home record.

hope they play steyn at 10... michalak on the bench
[/b]
Why? Steyn was taking way to much crash ball for a flyhalf. And lets be honest his distribution skills are not Super 14 standard.

Sharks line up:

15 - Steyn
14 - Ndungane
13 - Murray
12 - Barritt
11 - Pietersen
10 - Michalak
9 - Pienaar
8 - Kankowski
7 - Venter
6 - Botes
5 - Muller
4 - Ackermann
3 - Botha
2 - B du Plessis
1 - Mtwarira (BEAST!)

Subs: Burden, J du Plessis, van den Berg, Daniel, Kockett, Jacobs, Terblanche

So Frederic makes his Super 14 debut this weekend.
Forwards are unchanged.
Our backline looks potent bar Ndungane. Terblanche will probably replace him at wing sometime during the match.

Yep, not a very exciting. It had it's moments though.

Both sides defences were mammoth, especially the Stormers since they only had like 40% of possession in the second half.

The Sharks inexperience showed in this match alright. Poor decision making and trying to 'force the issue' on certain ventures were rife especially when we got to the Stormers tryline. It must be said that the Stormers pack had a cracker. They matched us the entire game.

Michalak had a good debut, doing what was needed of him, and put a telling tackle on Grant who was on the counter and possibily in for a try if Michalak missed. I wasn't happy when Muir took him off, he was very involved in the game.

Steyn was the worst player from our side, on the day. It's a case of taking the really good with the really bad, with him at the moment. I don't trust him at fullback, too much responsibility for a free ranger like him.

Crappy sky didnt even show this game so i never saw it :(, not to dissapointed with a losing bonus point although it doesnt get any easier. The Crusaders at the Newlands next friday.

Considering the Sharks scored all 12 points during the 20 minutes the Stormers were playing with only 14 men, I'd say that was a good showing from our boys, we also managed to score the only try of the game (also an indicator of the mammoth defence mentioned earlier), we really simply shot ourselves in the foot again.

On to the saders !

Enjoyable game.
Good debut from Michalak who showed some very nice touches and looked very lively.
Schalk Burger is gonna be in trouble over his gestures to the touch judge :excl: :cartonja:

He is attending a disciplinary hearing conducted by SANZAR, for 'unsportman like behaviour'and is likely to get a 1 week ban. Heard that on the radio.

It's definitely warranted, one gesture of disappointment or dismay is ok but he caring on unnecessarily

The gesturing was unecessary I agree, but even Johan muller agreed that Schalk was hard done by, Muller was on the floor having a bit of a scuffle with Mujati if I remember correctly and Schalk came and pulled him off, and these are the words of the Muller himself.

Like I've said though, WIllie doos will allways be Willie doos.

Burger has copped for a two week ban so he misses the games against the Crusaders and the Reds.

I watched the game coz of Freddy, and I have to say can't you find a better winger than this useless Ndungane. I mean you can spin it all you like the guy is kak. Butter hands, no physicality, nothing (except gas to burn).

Freddy wasn't bad I think, but wait until he's got the full confidence, and he'll set up trys for the boys for sure.

The player I was most impressed with was Rory Kockott who I thought had an enormous impact on the game from the bench. His all round play was excellent and I felt that he really gave the Sharks a lift.

Yeah, Kockett is a great player to have in your squad. Excellent scrumie and another kicking option.

He was really ripping it up in the Currie Cup last year while Pienaar was in France for the WC.

Great to see he's carrying that form into the S14

Latest posts