• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shaun Edwards To England

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bullitt

Sport Network

Wales assistant coach, Shaun Edwards, has been linked to the England job, with pundits expecting current head coach, Brain Ashton, to be sacked by the end of the year. Despite Edwards being under contract with Wales until the world cup, Warren Gatland will let his assistant go if Edwards expresses and interest.

"If there are other opportunities for people, if Shaun wanted to coach England and felt that's where his vocation lies, we wouldn't hold him. But would he want the big job? He thrives working with someone who takes front of house [as Edwards does with Ian McGeechan, the director of rugby, in his primary role as head coach to London Wasps]."[/i]

I think the job is Jake White's if he wants it. Fair enough if Edwards wants to serve under him, but I think it's unlikely he'll jump off the buoyant new SS Wales onto a sinking ship.

but I think it's unlikely he'll jump off the buoyant new SS Wales onto a sinking ship. [/b]

It's not a sinking ship though. English rugby has been stuck at the bottom of the ocean for years now. With the right buoyancy aids brought through from the Guinness Premiership the team can get back afloat again.

Plus the fact he's English - there aren't amny coaches who wouldn't relish the chance to coach their national team.

I think that although it seems doubtfull that Edwards would take the England job at this current time with Wales doing so well, it wouldnt take a genius to turn things around. Edwards is an excellent no2 whos strength is defence and motivation,something that England lack along with a cutting edge. Im talking potential here when I say that Edwards could achieve more ultimately with England than he could expect to with Wales. I know some will shout me down on this but Wales are never going to win the world cup but with good selection of a young team, looking to build towards the next world cup a motivated England could do well.Im not saying we can win it (NZ are nailed on at home?) but if we act now we have the chance of building something positive and that must be something that Edwards would want being an English man.

Wales are never going to win the world cup.[/b]

Why? Not with the current crop perhaps but 'never' is a long time. We could have won it already, if the World Cup have been invented a few decades earlier. ;)

<div class='quotemain'>Wales are never going to win the world cup.[/b]

Why? Not with the current crop perhaps but 'never' is a long time. We could have won it already, if the World Cup have been invented a few decades earlier. ;)
[/b][/quote]

In my opinion Wales will never win the world cup and I doubt if they could have beaten NZ or the Boks in the 70`s in a world cup comp.But hey we`ll never know!

Sport Network

Wales assistant coach, Shaun Edwards, has been linked to the England job, with pundits expecting current head coach, Brain Ashton, to be sacked by the end of the year. Despite Edwards being under contract with Wales until the world cup, Warren Gatland will let his assistant go if Edwards expresses and interest.

"If there are other opportunities for people, if Shaun wanted to coach England and felt that's where his vocation lies, we wouldn't hold him. But would he want the big job? He thrives working with someone who takes front of house [as Edwards does with Ian McGeechan, the director of rugby, in his primary role as head coach to London Wasps]."[/i]

[/b]

Jake White & Shaun Edwards dream team perhaps? Considering that Mike Ford and that kicking coach who Wilkinson ignores have kept out of the Ashton - Wells bicker-fest, it'd be unfair to get rid of them as well. That just leaves a good attack coach who knows Jake White really well....

*rushes Eddie Jones to the top secret Saracens bunker!*

Hey, if Shaun Edwards decides to go then fair play and good luck to him.
He's already helped us find our feet. We'd love to keep him but never against his own will.

Also, not sure how to respond to some of Danny's BS.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :%#%#: ....Oh wait, that would be Rowland Phillips!
RC expressed my thoughts there, but he would leave an unfillable gap if he left. :(

Edwards has one eye firmly fixed on getting on the Lions coaching team and will do nothing he feels may harm his chances. Wales are on the up and England are currently down so I think he may prefer to stay with Wales for the time being.
England f***ed up big style by not getting Gatland and their offer to Edwards was insulting and he was right to turn them down... they may have to come grovelling to him to get him on board now.

He's already helped us find our feet. We'd love to keep him but never against his own will.

[/b]
Big man neg rep`ing me for stating my opinion. Edwards is obviously enjoying his time as wales no2 as they are doing so well but hes English and its natural that he would be with the team of his birth if it was a straight and fair choice. The RFU gave him no choice but to join the Welsh ranks with a position with England 2nds and quater the pay. In my opinion England have more chance of winning the next and future world cups than Wales due to resoures and finance. I dont give a f*** if you dont like that but its what I think.
I give a lot of credit to wales for their performance in the 6 nations but they arnt good enough to win a world cup now or ever.

I give a lot of credit to wales for their performance in the 6 nations but they arnt good enough to win a world cup now or ever.[/b]

Of course they're not good enough to win a world cup now and no one has said they are. But the statement 'Wales will never win a world cup' is just silly. For all we know countries like Japan and Georgia could be winning it in 40 years time, let alone Wales. Uruguay won the first football world cup but weren't even at the last one - things change in sport. Just cause NZ, SA, AUS, England and France are the big boys now doesn't mean it will 'always' be the case.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Big man neg rep`ing me for stating my opinion. Edwards is obviously enjoying his time as wales no2 as they are doing so well but hes English and its natural that he would be with the team of his birth if it was a straight and fair choice. The RFU gave him no choice but to join the Welsh ranks with a position with England 2nds and quater the pay. In my opinion England have more chance of winning the next and future world cups than Wales due to resoures and finance. I dont give a f*** if you dont like that but its what I think.
I give a lot of credit to wales for their performance in the 6 nations but they arnt good enough to win a world cup now or ever. [/b][/quote]

You see, it's posts like that, which make it so difficult to reason with you and have a discussion. I appreciate the credit you give to Wales, but you follow up those sentiments with such strange claims.
Who are you to say that Wales will never win a world cup.
I mean, give me evidence to prove that you are correct. And by that I mean take me with you in/on your time machine to the ending of mankind so we can both look at the history records and see that Wales never did win a world cup and you were in fact right.
Until then, Big Man, you don't have a leg to stand on in that argument.

And the neg rep was not for stating your opinion. It was for bashing my country, and giving no evidence to back up your claims (even though it's impossible to back up your claims) - all because you want Shaun Edwards back.

Yes, he may want to go and coach England, I'm not denying that, but he may not want to do it so soon either.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
I give a lot of credit to wales for their performance in the 6 nations but they arnt good enough to win a world cup now or ever. [/b][/quote]

You see, it's posts like that, which make it so difficult to reason with you and have a discussion. I appreciate the credit you give to Wales, but you follow up those sentiments with such strange claims.
Who are you to say that Wales will never win a world cup.
I mean, give me evidence to prove that you are correct. And by that I mean take me with you in/on your time machine to the ending of mankind so we can both look at the history records and see that Wales never did win a world cup and you were in fact right.
Until then, Big Man, you don't have a leg to stand on in that argument.

And the neg rep was not for stating your opinion. It was for bashing my country, and giving no evidence to back up your claims (even though it's impossible to back up your claims) - all because you want Shaun Edwards back.

Yes, he may want to go and coach England, I'm not denying that, but he may not want to do it so soon either.
[/b][/quote]
Dont be so sensitive and defensive all the time Wales wont win the WCup now or ever because they are a small nation that overperforms consistently and that is all credit to them. England underperforms consistantly but when it does come together England has the potential to match anyone. Whats your problem with that "big man

Danny, I associate your arguement with the word below:

fail-24.jpg

I win.

Lol.
My problem is that there's no sustenance to your argument. There's no validity to your claims like i said in my previous post.
I'm not sure what else to say.
In the near future you're probably right: we may not win the world cup. But who's to say what will happen 30 years, 100 years, 500 years down the line - hypothetically accepting that rugby is still around.

such a fuss has been made of this non story, he has only just joined Wales and has only just been snubbed by the RFU, if he did join England i think a lot would have to chnage there.

Danny, I associate your arguement with the word below:

fail-24.jpg

I win.
[/b]
Thats what I like, if you cant prevail in a discussion(not an arguement) then put a silly,childish little picture with the word "fail "at the bottom. Cant believe you actually went to the effort of finding that picture.Sad boy!!

Oh man, why danny? you had just managed to change my opinion of you after you first arrived bashing Wales for their World Cup disaster. You seemed to have grown up and learn't to respect other nations (read Wales). We are a proud rugby nation and I believe we can definitely win the world cup one day (seeing the quality of players were producing, we might have a chance in the next couple). Fine we always struggle against NZ and SA, but let's see in the summer if that has changed.

Your argument holds to truth whatsoever. Fine, you say it's your opinion, well you have just changed my opinion of you, you're a di*kh*ad. Happy? Fine, I don't really think that, you are posting some good stuff elsewhere, you have just angered allot of people here. If Wales continue with their improvement, I believe we will be in the running for the WC in 2011, can you honestly say that England have a better crop of players, fine they have a larger pool, but I think the quality here in Wales is top notch at the moment.

Also, doesn't Argentina prove that you are talking ********? They could have gone on to win the world cup, yet they have smaller resources than Wales!

Right, back on topic, ummmmmm yehh, whatever RC said.

Its good that you welsh boys stick together but sometimes you need to stop and listen rather than think I am havin a go at your team for the hell of it. I really rate this current Welsh team and Im looking forward to going to see them in Cardiff in a pressure situation this weekend. But to win a world cup you need a good number of players who are the best in their position in the world. Wales simply havent got that. They have some very good players but can you tell me who out of the Welsh team is the best in the world in their respective position. This is where I have one over my doubters(and I have many-surprisingly).
As for your Argentina arguement------------ They didnt win it.
I rest my case!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts