• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shimange no longer in plans for Boks

Yeah well, Shimmy`s got a last-gasp chance of still making it into the Stormers squad- he`s playing on Saturday for Boland in the main game vs. the Stormers 1st team. Obviously won`t displace Brits and Tiaan Liebenberg as 1st and 2nd choice, but might just sneek in ahead of Huia Edmonds, a player that I`ve never really rated. The Stormers` final squad will only be announced on Monday, after this game. Anyway, it`s a slim chance, but still a chance for Shimmy.

Good acquisition for Boland in their aims to make it into the top flight of the Currie Cup this year though- together with ex-Bulls prop Andries Human, they should provide the pack that could gain enough possession to let the fliers, Benjamin and Nokwe, run riot.

To be honest, I never did like Shimange. So unless he can prove me wrong and play a stormer (pun not intended) of game this week and make the Stormers squad, then good luck to him.

But Gary Botha is still the best hooker in SA. :cheers:

I dunno about that one, Schalk brits is pretty damn good.... you know, when he's not injured through the entire currie cup and all.

But Gary is a really good player, I'll give you that.

Latest posts