• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Should drugs be legalised?

I didn't set the site up. I bought it. My opinion is no more or less important than anyone elses. I have no respect for anyone who uses drugs, or supports the use of drugs. And that includes you, you jumped up little c***.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 22 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I didn't set the site up. I bought it. My opinion is no more or less important than anyone elses. I have no respect for anyone who uses drugs, or supports the use of drugs. And that includes you, you jumped up little c***.[/b]

Was that really called for? gingergenius hasn't been arguing that drugs are 'teh best thing eva', he's been putting across valid reasons for why he thinks they should be legalised. And as I said in my previous post, they should't just be disregarded in such a juvenile manner!

I don't take drugs myself, and don't intend to, but nobody has really countered the point that it isn't our place to tell others what they should do to their own bodies...

In my opinion, there is NO valid reason for the legalisation of drugs. He make his points as well as he likes, I am totally opposed to his view and will not consider it. I have seen drugs ruin and continue to ruin way too many peoples lives. And, to boot, he is an arrogant, sneering condescending, jumped up little child.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 23 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In my opinion, there is NO valid reason for the legalisation of drugs. He make his points as well as he likes, I am totally opposed to his view and will not consider it. I have seen drugs ruin and continue to ruin way too many peoples lives. And, to boot, he is an arrogant, sneering condescending, jumped up little child.[/b]

I think you consider him that because he has a opposing view i think his viewpoints have being well thought out and well put.If you are not going to consider other peoples point of views because they dont match yours do us a favour and dont bother with this thread because this is a discussion.

I believe that if you dont open your mind to new ideas and viewpoints then reading this thread is quite frankly a pointless exercise you have made up your mind and trying to discuss the issue with you is like ******* in the wind.

No, I will NOT back out of this thread. I am going to stand toe to toe with anyone who thinks drugs have a place in society. This is an issue I feel EXCEPTIONALLY strongly about. You know me RUTB, I will not back down. And you should know this full well with the football board situation. I am appalled that anyone can think there are positives to come from drugs being readily available. I spend all day every day trying to show young people how to be good people and how to avoid the evils of life, and people here are advocating otherwise. I will not stand by and watch my, and thousands of other teachers across the land, be undermined by a wannabe politician.

And as for the reasons I dislike gingergenius... several people on this thread have admitted they take drugs. Do I dislike them? No. I have previous with gingergenius, because he has deliberately controversial views and more importantly, he's at the front of my list at the moment because of the absolutely disgusting way he spoke to Laecta earlier in this thread. I felt patronised, and it wasn't even remotely aimed at me. Absolutely appalling.

I'll go one on one with anyone who thinks drugs can be a good thing. You can give me the facts, figures and stats all you want, I have seen drugs in action, and I see their long term consequences every single day of my life. You can debate it all you want amongst yourselves, but believe you and me, I will be there as well, because eradicating drug use is something I fight for on a daily basis.

on the Cannabis topic... I don't really care if its legalized or not... I don't smoke it... well anymore atleast... I treat it the same as alcohol if it is a once in awhile thing then whatever if it becomes chronic such as binge drinking then it is a problem.

On the note of class A drugs though.... The answer is NO,NO,NO,NO!!!!

I am connected to some very personal stories about this which have affected my life greatly.... one of which involved ecstacy a supposed OK drug according to some...

firstly I used to live beside a group home, aka a home where they look after people with physical and mental ailments... one of the men who lived there was blind. I would find him numerous times lost in my backyard as he would lose track of where he was going when he went for walks... It was a very sad thing. The problem was he wasn't born blind or been in an accident. He in fact had no eyes anymore... He had done LSD and had a bad trip and in the process gouged his eyes out.... very sad and very stupid and now he has to live the rest of his life being supported by other people.

My Second story is a lot more personal and it has affected me greatly over the past little while. This is an anonymous forum so I don't feel so wierd talking about it.. My girlfriend went to the UK this summer to work and while she was there she was a victim of drug induced rape. She was at a music festival and had been drinking. Some guys slipped some ecstacy along with hypno into her drink... she woke up the next morning not knowing where she was... her credit cards had been maxed out.... she was still feeling the affects of the drugs and she had been raped very violently... the police were involved... I was back in Canada at the time... I am in the army and was out firing machine guns at the time when I got a phone call... it was probably the single worst day of my goddamn life....

I still think about it everyday and what I would like to do to those assholes.... this was a changing moment in my life... I will admit I used to party drink and have a good time I barely do any of it anymore... as far as I am concerned drugs are the f***ing scourge of our society and things like cocaine, ecstacy, heroin, etc... have no place in our society....

The same f***ing crackhead assholes who did what they did to my girlfriend are probably out there right now doing the same thing... and it really ****** me off... I think of drugs as a type of parasite of society. People start off jsut wanting to have a bit of fun and its all fine until it becomes a dependency then they become useless ***s.... who feed off of the welfare of the general populace....

If I could kill every single person who ever produced ecstacy or any of those other drugs that were used on my girlfriend I would without even flinching.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 23 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No, I will NOT back out of this thread. I am going to stand toe to toe with anyone who thinks drugs have a place in society. This is an issue I feel EXCEPTIONALLY strongly about. You know me RUTB, I will not back down. And you should know this full well with the football board situation. I am appalled that anyone can think there are positives to come from drugs being readily available. I spend all day every day trying to show young people how to be good people and how to avoid the evils of life, and people here are advocating otherwise. I will not stand by and watch my, and thousands of other teachers across the land, be undermined by a wannabe politician.

And as for the reasons I dislike gingergenius... several people on this thread have admitted they take drugs. Do I dislike them? No. I have previous with gingergenius, because he has deliberately controversial views and more importantly, he's at the front of my list at the moment because of the absolutely disgusting way he spoke to Laecta earlier in this thread. I felt patronised, and it wasn't even remotely aimed at me. Absolutely appalling.

I'll go one on one with anyone who thinks drugs can be a good thing. You can give me the facts, figures and stats all you want, I have seen drugs in action, and I see their long term consequences every single day of my life. You can debate it all you want amongst yourselves, but believe you and me, I will be there as well, because eradicating drug use is something I fight for on a daily basis.[/b]

A men brother.... the sick part about drugs is people f***ing die everyday over them.... goto any third world drug producing country in the world... there goddamn war zones.... over what a stupid goddamn plant... a f***ing poppy... the same junkies that preach f***ing world peace love and tranquility are supporting some of the most brutal wars on the globe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 23 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
because eradicating drug use is something I fight for on a daily basis.[/b]

Bahahaha you will not eradicate it EVER.Its being around since time in memorial and will always be.So long as there people there will be drug use.Now Mr.self righteous i have seen what happens to people when they use drugs hell i used to smoke pot everyday and had a psychotic episode and contemplated suicide during i used it to self-medicate myself for depression etc and yes in a perfect world people wouldn't f**king need drugs to make themselves feel better and face the day but we dont reside in such a place we live in a throughly f**ked up world its a f**king miserable existance i can tell you that much.This whats shits me people who see drugs as black and white when its not.

But i do not live in deluded fantasy land where i believe drug use will go away if we tell people not to and lock people up for using it and making it illegal et al. I live in reality and that is that drug use is a fact of society and isnt going away and never will.We must accept this fact and stop treating people who use it as criminals but as people with an illness that they need help and care by society and those best equipped to deal with it.

Also i believe that better treatment of people's other issues will help with it too, people often in my experience people have other issues that they use drugs so they can have a escape.I know that i smoked pot (ironically a depressant) to get away from my depression and it was only when i treated that that i could control my pot smoking.

Hell what i'm saying treating it as a law & order issue makes the politicians look good to bunch of paranoid/frighten parents who are scared that lil' johnny is going to smoke pot.Therefor like most people in society who are different will get slagged to pillar to post locked up and treated as scum et al when they try to get help have to wait on a list because the services that are *vital* to make a real difference are so understaffed and underfunded that they barely keep the places running.

Oh and Dan ill bet that a large percentage if not the majority of kids that you talk to will try drugs regardless i got all that anti-drug crapola when i was at school and look what i ended up doing.

Cheers
Red

They probably will go and do what they want, considering I live in a very poor area. But at least I can say I've tried to do something. I know I will never wipe out drug use, nor am I stupid enough to think I could, but if I can educate people about it at an early age, at least I can say I have tried my best. Even if it makes one person think twice.

But then, that sort of thing would mean nothing to you......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 23 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They probably will go and do what they want, considering I live in a very poor area. But at least I can say I've tried to do something. I know I will never wipe out drug use, nor am I stupid enough to think I could, but if I can educate people about it at an early age, at least I can say I have tried my best. Even if it makes one person think twice.

But then, that sort of thing would mean nothing to you......[/b]

I can understand where you are coming from even if it does seem futile to me.Your looking out and caring for your fellow human being something that doesnt happen too much in this "me me me" world and i respect that.

Hey St Helens if you're against drugs no matter what, begin with Tobacco and booze, by far the most cheap and available ones...Good luck with that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nidhogg @ Jan 23 2009, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Jan 22 2009, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The people on here saying there are positives about cocaine I think yous must be smoking some because no matter how you look at it cocaine is very very bad. No don't legalise cannabis just decriminalize it but yes I agree they should make cigarettes illegal I can't stand it when people smoke around me and they have no curtousy what so ever.[/b]

Nobody is saying coke is good for you. The point is, that no man should prohibit me from doing what I want to do, unless I prevent other people from doing the same. That, and how countries with illegal drugs have a higher number of users, and how it funds criminal cartels because it's illegal.

Why is everyone here so hellbent on telling other people what they can and can't do in their private life? Your own morals might tell you not to do drugs, but that doesn't mean you should force those morals upon others people, like the church.
[/b][/quote]
So what's your take on people getting their car stereo's nicked so a smackhead can by a small bag of scag, or a P-fiend going on a rampage with a samurai sword in a petrol station?

r8antdixon.jpg

p.s.

Never touch party pills, because they are the devil... especially don't take them just so you can stay up all night to play a video game, it just isn't worth it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 23 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'll go one on one with anyone who thinks drugs can be a good thing. You can give me the facts, figures and stats all you want, I have seen drugs in action, and I see their long term consequences every single day of my life. You can debate it all you want amongst yourselves, but believe you and me, I will be there as well, because eradicating drug use is something I fight for on a daily basis.[/b]

"I will stand toe to toe"...

This sounds like a battle of egos to me. And you're right, I am arrogant. To the extent that you can't win. Problem is; though you think you're different; we're both very similar. You are just as arrogant and up your own arse as I am. Which means I can't win it either.

So what will happen is we can go round and round in circles scoring points and insulting each other, or you can do the grown up thing and admit someone else has a different opinion, and no matter how strong you feel, they won't change their mind. I've devoted a considerable amount of time to this topic to get my point across; I accept that there are people who won't agree with me, so there's no point in arguing on it any further.

Aas for Laetca, she's more than capable of standing up for herself, which she did with a mock-humble reply. I wouldn't have got patronising if she hadn't started yakking on about my arguing skills. But what makes you think you can fly in and be a knight in shining armour and defend the poor lady's honour?

This thread is getting pretty serious I think some people need to just kick back and take a chill pill because everybody will have their own opinions of what they think about drugs and it's not always gonna be the opinion that everyone will agree with.

My opinion is that it shouldn't be legalised and that yes it is society just giving up on itself if it was made legal. It would effect crime because no one would have to buy it and there wouldn't be risk trying to obtain Class A drugs but if it was readily available just like medical drugs are it would cause alot more damage because people wouldn't care about trying it and there'll be drugies all over the place.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 23 2009, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey St Helens if you're against drugs no matter what, begin with Tobacco and booze, by far the most cheap and available ones...Good luck with that.[/b]

Well I don't smoke and don't drink, so that has gone down like le lead balloon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 23 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

This sounds like a battle of egos to me. And you're right, I am arrogant. To the extent that you can't win. Problem is; though you think you're different; we're both very similar. You are just as arrogant and up your own arse as I am. Which means I can't win it either.[/b]

Not at all, I have no ego. I don't care whether people think I'm right or wrong, but I won't stand there and let people say that drugs are acceptable, not on a forum I own anyway. That's nothing to do with arrogance and ego.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 23 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So what will happen is we can go round and round in circles scoring points and insulting each other, or you can do the grown up thing and admit someone else has a different opinion, and no matter how strong you feel, they won't change their mind. I've devoted a considerable amount of time to this topic to get my point across; I accept that there are people who won't agree with me, so there's no point in arguing on it any further.[/b]

Again, where have I said people can't have different opinions from me? I've a right to disagree with them, as you have with me, though I don't need to write thousands of words to do so.

Aas for Laetca, she's more than capable of standing up for herself, which she did with a mock-humble reply. I wouldn't have got patronising if she hadn't started yakking on about my arguing skills. But what makes you think you can fly in and be a knight in shining armour and defend the poor lady's honour?[/b]

Well considering you are personally responsible for the absence of our other (former) female member, and I have checked, you ARE personally responsible, I'm rather keen to ensure you don't get your talons into our only other one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 23 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 23 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This sounds like a battle of egos to me. And you're right, I am arrogant. To the extent that you can't win. Problem is; though you think you're different; we're both very similar. You are just as arrogant and up your own arse as I am. Which means I can't win it either.[/b]

Not at all, I have no ego. I don't care whether people think I'm right or wrong, but I won't stand there and let people say that drugs are acceptable, not on a forum I own anyway. That's nothing to do with arrogance and ego.

So what will happen is we can go round and round in circles scoring points and insulting each other, or you can do the grown up thing and admit someone else has a different opinion, and no matter how strong you feel, they won't change their mind. I've devoted a considerable amount of time to this topic to get my point across; I accept that there are people who won't agree with me, so there's no point in arguing on it any further.[/b]

Again, where have I said people can't have different opinions from me? I've a right to disagree with them, as you have with me, though I don't need to write thousands of words to do so.

Aas for Laetca, she's more than capable of standing up for herself, which she did with a mock-humble reply. I wouldn't have got patronising if she hadn't started yakking on about my arguing skills. But what makes you think you can fly in and be a knight in shining armour and defend the poor lady's honour?[/b]

Well considering you are personally responsible for the absence of our other (former) female member, and I have checked, you ARE personally responsible, I'm rather keen to ensure you don't get your talons into our only other one.
[/b][/quote]

which other one?

I appreciate the gesture Dan, but if DarkmanX's appalling views on women didn't scare me away I don't think anything will :)
I can fend for myself though, I don't mind being patronised as it is of course, just teh internets.
I don't remember another female member here either.

gingergenius, I'm glad we can agree to disagree, it was never my intention to flat out insult your debating skills, I simply feel some of your posts lack structure and in some cases I fail to see the logic of your arguments.

Thanks for the compliments on my English, but ginger was right on that, I was being ironic (not sarcastic.)

Latest posts