Should I buy?

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Ok I'm considering buying. Can anyone guide me?
Have read mixed reports and am a fan of the FM series.
Also heard it basically luck of draw regards matches tactics and everything.

Any advise is appreciated

Tactics plays a big role , there is ofcourse luck but the bounce of the ball can go anyway as they say , not as detailed as FM but getting there it is a very fun game that i have enjoy many hours with , i would say give it a go !!

Definitely worth it. It's not FM just yet as the previous poster said, but it's a good solid game, and you can really get into it. I like the fact that the stats can change from one save to the next, so you can't go through each game just picking up the same transfers and playing the same way. There are still a few frustrating bugs, but the support from the developers is excellent.

Well I'm new to the site and and got the game on Saturday must say it was a bit lost with the interface but got use to it and took awhile to figure out few things and be honest was very frustrated at the beginning of the game lost all 6 of my first games as sharks in South African div 1 but after reading the PDF file got a better understanding and now in a 7 games win steak and really enjoying the game got huge potential :) glad I found this site

Well I'm new to the site and and got the game on Saturday must say it was a bit lost with the interface but got use to it and took awhile to figure out few things and be honest was very frustrated at the beginning of the game lost all 6 of my first games as sharks in South African div 1 but after reading the PDF file got a better understanding and now in a 7 games win steak and really enjoying the game got huge potential :) glad I found this site

Glad you are enjoying the game , I just won the world cup with South Africa this past weekend and had some intense close matches if you have any questions feel free to ask !

I was really considering buying the game as I'm really enjoying Rugby at the moment.

But then, I read the comments/reviews about the game on Steam and now I really don't know if I should buy it or not. Many people complained about the gameplay, tactics and UI. Well regarding UI and although I prefer a good UI (obviously) the most important for me is the simulation part of the game and of course the major Leagues.
From what I saw there are already Custom Databases with the correct names of the major leagues.

The big question is, is the simulation on this game good enough to buy this game specially considering the price? I was looking for a (very) good Rugby management game but all those bad reviews on steam made me wonder.

Some more feedback on this forum would be much appreciated.

I was really considering buying the game as I'm really enjoying Rugby at the moment.

But then, I read the comments/reviews about the game on Steam and now I really don't know if I should buy it or not. Many people complained about the gameplay, tactics and UI. Well regarding UI and although I prefer a good UI (obviously) the most important for me is the simulation part of the game and of course the major Leagues.
From what I saw there are already Custom Databases with the correct names of the major leagues.

The big question is, is the simulation on this game good enough to buy this game specially considering the price? I was looking for a (very) good Rugby management game but all those bad reviews on steam made me wonder.

Some more feedback on this forum would be much appreciated.
Not really... It's ok, but lacks very much bit if you know what I mean. Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel motivated to go and pick up my save again and again.

Not really... It's ok, but lacks very much bit if you know what I mean. Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel motivated to go and pick up my save again and again.
Once you have got used to the game and got into it, you will find that it is very enjoyable, just do not expect Football Manager. It is easily the best Rugby Union manager game out there, as is the League version for Rugby League.

Last edited:

Latest posts