• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Should New Zealand do the haka in cricket?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 24 2008, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No.

The haka is something to get a group of warriors ready for war. Since we live in relatively peaceful times, rugby is the new war. Rugby or American football or any other physical contact sports; it's appropriate. There's something about watching a bunch of stacked guys with tattoos, half of whom are islanders, doing the haka. It's not the same with girls/ skinny weeds doing it.

Cricket is a gentleman's game, it's not got that violence to it. Football is not a gentleman's game but it still doesn't have the conflict edge that rugby has. The haka should only be done in sports where you can legally bash your opponent.[/b]

You can legally bash your opponent in Cricket.

Just not with yourself, you must hurl a small, red cork ball at your opponent.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Nov 24 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 24 2008, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

The haka is something to get a group of warriors ready for war. Since we live in relatively peaceful times, rugby is the new war. Rugby or American football or any other physical contact sports; it's appropriate. There's something about watching a bunch of stacked guys with tattoos, half of whom are islanders, doing the haka. It's not the same with girls/ skinny weeds doing it.

Cricket is a gentleman's game, it's not got that violence to it. Football is not a gentleman's game but it still doesn't have the conflict edge that rugby has. The haka should only be done in sports where you can legally bash your opponent.[/b]

You can legally bash your opponent in Cricket.

Just not with yourself, you must hurl a small, red cork ball at your opponent.

[/b][/quote]

:lol:

No, Cricket is in my opinion not really that physical as rugby is and ( this is a pure guess) there aren't that many Maori player sin the cricket squad.

I'm sorry, but letting Daniel Vettori lead a haka would be like letting Pee-wee Herman lead it, whilst sedated with tranquilizers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Nov 23 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm in no way shape or form an expert on cultures within NZ, but I think the only people in the NZ sporting word to do the haka should be the Maori themselves. NZ Maori RL and RU teams.[/b]
Die

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 23 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 23 2008, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, cos' a big tall lanky guy with glasses leading it is going to be intimidating. Ross Taylor will be the only guy look good performing it.

That being said, no, the Slack Caps should never do the haka. Come on now, imagine how gay it would look! Then we'll go out and get a routine pasting, making it look even more ridiculous.[/b]
I am still recovering from when the Tall Blacks did the haka at the USA dream team....how embaressing.
[/b][/quote]

Never knew this happened dude. Are there any Maoris in the Tall Blacks? How did the USA receive it?

Now what would be funny is if the soccer team performed it.

Latest posts