• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shoulder Injury.

W

Woldog

At training yesterday I hurt my shoulder going into a tackle and I don't suppose it helped that the guy I was tackling front on was the biggest forward in my club, and my shoulder is now pretty sore, I have a game in 3 weeks so I'm wondering if I should get strapping done if it is still hurting then, or if I should just man up.

If it's muscular then yes, definitely strap up even during training. If it hurts real bad, leave it for a week to recover and don't do any heavy lifting ;) In three weeks unless it's really bad most of the pain should have gone, just get someone to strap it real tight and you'll be ok.

If it's bone, then obviously I'd say go to a hospital asap - I've broken enough bones, more than I like to count, in the last few seasons to be complacent about this.

I would say its just a tiny little muscle tear that will heal up in a week or two, I just tackling someone who weights 100kg's more than me, and I was doing it head on.

rest it, and do the heat and ice treatment for a week. Then practice for the following week if your read with no contact, and the week before your game do a week of normal practice. Don't forget to exercise it with physiotherapeutic exercises. Do NOT play of your shoulder is not ready for it.

This happened to me, except I was the ball carrier and he didn't know how to tackle at the moment. He landed on my shoulder and pinned it against the ground.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Feb 12 2009, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would say its just a tiny little muscle tear that will heal up in a week or two, I just tackling someone who weights 100kg's more than me, and I was doing it head on.[/b]

This looks more like an tear, so I recommend you to avoid any rigid and strenuous muscle work on that side

Keep it warm, with special splinters or just warm tampons

And I think everything will be OK

Wish you all good Bro

I didn't move to Brisbane this year, so I'm playing for Ipswich Rangers, most of the IGS firsts from two years ago are playing Colts.

mate did you board at Ippy or day boy from Gatton? How long does it take to get to Ipswich from Gatton?

I've injured both my shoulders, separate incidents. My right I did a week ago in a tackling drill, it doesn't feel muscular. I did my left shoulder yesterday, feels like my shoulder muscle and it hurts to move it. What should I do?

Totally weird, last night I was sitting here typing away on MSN, and I did 360 deg revolution with my arm and heard this massive crack, and no more pain :S

If it's cartilage- or bone-related (if you feel popping, cracking, grinding during movement) consult a physician or sports doctor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Apr 21 2009, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Totally weird, last night I was sitting here typing away on MSN, and I did 360 deg revolution with my arm and heard this massive crack, and no more pain :S[/b]

Probably dislocated it then, I did that with my elbow the other week. It'll be just a tiny bit out of place then one movement, crack, then it's back in place.

I'd suggest you strap it up, just for added support to make sure it doesn't happene again.

It comes back if I use too much arm in the tackle and puts strain on the joints, but then goes away after a day or two.

you should take a rest and you can apply ice packs and heat pads to the affected area of your body. You may also try stretching and gentle exercises to alleviate the soreness.

Latest posts