• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

haha YA and no quick lineouts,, scrums and lineouts and even kicking is really bad. I know no one listen to the comentators ,but they just talk aload of crap. saying its a penalty when its just a free kick. and why on earth are the backline so disfuntional and out of place, we had a better backline in school rugby like in grade3!

haha YA and no quick lineouts,, scrums and lineouts and even kicking is really bad. I know no one listen to the comentators ,but they just talk aload of crap. saying its a penalty when its just a free kick. and why on earth are the backline so disfuntional and out of place, we had a better backline in school rugby like in grade3!

Just think of it as a Sevens game but with 15 players, the lack of structure and forwards all in the back line its pretty much sevens. The players positions don't even matter, you can put any player in any position, I use strong backs or loose forwards as my props and hooker haha, just makes it more fun and more like a Sevens game. I like the lineouts in this game, definitely better than the world cup game, but the only problem is how you can't go into a driving maul, but being able to move the pods and make any of the pods tap it down to the back line is much better then the world cup games line outs, and once again it exactly what happens in the line outs for Sevens games, the way the scrums move so far is stupid but at least the scrums are actually competitive unlike the world cup game, just keep playing and you'll get used to it

Last edited:
i think there must be a couple of Bath fans in sidhe cos Stephen Donald is 84. I think its fair to say this game is quite SH biased

i think there must be a couple of Bath fans in sidhe cos Stephen Donald is 84. I think its fair to say this game is quite SH biased

Careful now, Mario gets quite upset when things like that are said.

Careful now, Mario gets quite upset when things like that are said.

Perhaps you confuse correcting the spread of inaccurate information for being upset.

To address the original question, the only bias here was in knowledge levels, and to counter that we engaged consultants and got data from the proper sources. Sometimes, as was the case with the USA Eagles roster, the official sources requested we do things a certain way, and as a result things weren't quite as expected by fans. Sometimes we were provided with very little reference material, or got it too late in the process to fully implement it. I'm not sure what the case is with that one side, but I can assure you that we didn't actively favour Southern Hemisphere sides.

Perhaps you confuse correcting the spread of inaccurate information for being upset.

To address the original question, the only bias here was in knowledge levels, and to counter that we engaged consultants and got data from the proper sources. Sometimes, as was the case with the USA Eagles roster, the official sources requested we do things a certain way, and as a result things weren't quite as expected by fans. Sometimes we were provided with very little reference material, or got it too late in the process to fully implement it. I'm not sure what the case is with that one side, but I can assure you that we didn't actively favour Southern Hemisphere sides.

Nah, I'm not confused at all. Rating NPC sides better then 90% of the HEC roster is farcical. Or screwing up basics, susch as making Gavin Henson English.

I'm also correct about Mario. He does like to chuck his tidy out the pram.

I enjoy playing friends etc. But at the moment im just very dissapointed at how it plays there is no structure, the pc just offloads, offloads, offloads, offloads. Also some of the ratings are really stupid, M.Tuilagi 66? He has been playing superb for a season, and then they rate C.Wade 74, which I think is deserved but that is no comparison at all? Just a quick example, also the whole SH is pretty overpowered, McCaw can outsprint C.Ashton. And im pretty sure Ashton outsprinted both O'Conner and Mitchell last year so either McCaw is a speeddemon and just doesn't show it in games or... :p.
That is ridiculous, agreed. My friend was playing as the Crusaders and I was Gloucster, and Sharples and Simpson-Daniel (My wingers) were both slower than their entire backrow. (Read is quite quick for a forward, but nowhere near Sinbad or Sharples' pace) In fact, Sharples is rated pretty terribly, I think his speed was only just better than Owen Franks...

I'm also correct about Mario. He does like to chuck his tidy out the pram.

I'm not sure what this means. If you mean toys, Mario has an incredibly calm, almost deadpan demeanour, so any toy throwing is imagined. I'm not sure what the rest of your post has to do with mine, so I'll wait for you to clarify before I respond to it.

I know that most of the NPC sides include NZ player within them thus raitings will be boosted a bit but considering the NZ players hardly ever play in the NPC (from what I've seen.. the big guys anyway like Carter etc.) They shouldnt be as high as they are..

Well, I've spent a lot of my time editing this game, a process that was made even longer by the ridiculous RaboDirect/ Top14 transfer restrictions. However, the gameplay is strange but it is good enough and it is enjoyable. I can throw big miss passes and send a winger flying into the corner, and what's more, it's actually a challenge. Rugby 08 on the hardest setting was too easy; I play this on HARD and mostly win, but occasionally things can conspire against me and I'll lose. Matches between equally matched teams are usually close as well.

So, once you've taken the time to edit this game, it's worth it.

Sidhe take note - I'm sure you're 'good people' but next time you make a game, make sure the stats are roughly in line with what global public opinion believes, make sure the team rosters are up to date for the season in which you sell the game, and can you please allow us more editing with the kits? I can't abide playing with an England team that looks like it's fallen out of the RL world cup, and it's not much better now I've given it an all white kit with a silly amount of red trim.

i enjoy the game, but then the last console rugby game i had was for the Sega.

On a side note does anyone else think Waldrom (in the game) looks like John Daly's fat retarded love child?

WOW just checked, guess the game has the look bang on

13007.1.jpg

Last edited:
I think mario is kwl man,he always listens and trys to help,he looks a lil like wwe's eric bishoff but that doesn't matter,I think they learned a lot from the game,next team to make a rugby game will ddo better after this and are gonna fix all problems,the patches and mods for pc make the game way better anyway,I only play multi plaayer coz there's nothing to do anymore

I was getting a bit irritated offloads but once I got the patch 2.0 it's MUCH better. Adjusted the sliders and now I'm have some great games with a good amount of offloads but players are taking contact more. Turnovers still seem to be a problem area but its not too over bearing.

This is a great rugby game, it really is. Sidhe deserve a lot of credit for a sterling effort. This game will be a good platform for the next game as I think the mechanics of the game are solid.

When you score a try what do you press to score tries like the really cool ones when the player jumps really high in the air coz whenever i press x on the ps3 i always just do that boring standard dive

I must say this game is by far and away a better game then RWC 2011. Anyone with X-box 360 wanna game hit me up
afakassiassasin

Just got my copy today and the Chiefs are on a roll.
Off topic: can I change all the SA team manually ( players names etc...)

Cheers

Just got my copy today and the Chiefs are on a roll.
Off topic: can I change all the SA team manually ( players names etc...)

Cheers
Yes you can, I have done the Sharks, and the Cheetahs, Stormers, and Bulls are on the Sidhe forums.
Did a SuperXV campaign as the Chiefs, Messam was a complete beast. Duck's kicking was a bit unpredictable, though.

Latest posts