• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

While this may come across as somewhat terse a response to this comment, I feel that having spent £90 on two copies of this game (one for myself, one for a friend) I am most certainly entitled to provide feedback. And, quite frankly, I find your response to be insulting at best and downright fictitious at worst.

In fact, people who have played a game at a friend's house and not spent a cent are entitled to express their views and give feedback. I'm not sure why you would feel I have somehow denied your entitlements in some way, but I have no wish to suppress your views. I also had no intent to insult or deceive. I'm sorry you think I did.

1. Try doing the kicks on harder modes, its a lot harder

Defending - I think its also the way you steer the tackle, on playstation you have to tap x in the tackle as well to stop them from breaking through
Quick ball - If there aren't many defenders around just press the heavy bind button once or twice and the quick bind once, thats how you get quick ball
Crowds - the attendance varies, unlike other games its not always a full stadium, i think it might depend on how your performing idk but there are people in the stadium when i play
player select - You know theres a button you can press that does select the player closest to the ball right?

I mean the crowd is literally not there. Even for the ABs.

Et tu:
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ize5TXmIO5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the game, don't love it but like it.

I still can't figure out how to set a maul on purpose. It seems to be willy nilly. I certainly can't figure it out at the line out.

Help?

I mean the crowd is literally not there. Even for the ABs.

Et tu:
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ize5TXmIO5I" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

You can enable it in the settings editor. It will have been disabled because the installer would have checked your computer's specifications at installation, and set it up to be optimal.

In fact, people who have played a game at a friend's house and not spent a cent are entitled to express their views and give feedback. I'm not sure why you would feel I have somehow denied your entitlements in some way, but I have no wish to suppress your views. I also had no intent to insult or deceive. I'm sorry you think I did.

Like I say, probably came across as a little more terse than desired, but maybe justified. For you to say that theres no NH/SH bias seems to either be naivety or a bit of a fib. The sheer difference in quality and appropriate levels of statistical ability is pretty shocking. Now I'm not going to hark on about it, as its clearly been done to death, but having to change the rosters is a pain in the ass. I'm not exactly sure of the penetration that current gen consoles have into the southern hemisphere population, but seeing as its pretty high in western europe, i'd say that at least getting the stats right would be a starting point.

Plenty of good, of course. Love the kicking slow-mo; perhaps the way to differentiate between the good and the bad kickers would be the extent to which it slows? Your Mornes of this world would have super slow-mo to really place the kick, whereas my front row - who, incidentally, seem to get the ball from a ruck, despite pressing the flyhalf pass combination - shouldnt have any real chance to pick and place the kick.

For you to say that theres no NH/SH bias seems to either be naivety or a bit of a fib.

Please re-read my original post. I did not claim a complete lack of bias. I stated the manner and source of the bias.

Someone please give me a reason to play this game again i haven't touched it since buying Skyrim back in November:)

I still really like this game despite its flaws and I keep coming back to it. If they make another one with some slight tweaks it will be really good

Please re-read my original post. I did not claim a complete lack of bias. I stated the manner and source of the bias.

If you aware of the bias - which, quite frankly, you must've been - where was the quality control? I can understand the licence issue, that happens, but why wasn't the qulaity of the information ever checked?

I still really like this game despite its flaws and I keep coming back to it. If they make another one with some slight tweaks it will be really good
Ditto.
I don't sit there for hours playing it, however I'll load it up and play a few games (normally the upcoming fixtures in the heineken/aviva/whatever) then leave it at that.
Still have fun with it though

its a good game to get out when you have your mates round
you can have fun end to to end matches
but i prefere playing careers and career mode on this game isnt as good as the rugby 08

Ditto.
I don't sit there for hours playing it, however I'll load it up and play a few games (normally the upcoming fixtures in the heineken/aviva/whatever) then leave it at that.
Still have fun with it though
Over Christmas I had a number of three-or-four hours sessions on RC with my brother running through career mode. I think we got 3 whole seasons done over the holidays and even signed Andy Powell.

If you aware of the bias - which, quite frankly, you must've been - where was the quality control? I can understand the licence issue, that happens, but why wasn't the qulaity of the information ever checked?

We were aware of the knowledge deficit, so we engaged Northern Hemisphere consultants. Apparently this was not entirely effective, but please rid yourself of the idea that we just don't care and didn't bother to try and avoid bias in the final product.

We were aware of the knowledge deficit, so we engaged Northern Hemisphere consultants. Apparently this was not entirely effective, but please rid yourself of the idea that we just don't care and didn't bother to try and avoid bias in the final product.

Would a roster update not have been considered?

You consulted people ... good but did you match them to the ratings in the SH ... I am not 100% convinced.

Saying that this game I do go back to play when I want a rugby fix :)

Milla, if you need consultants talk to us about the Northern Hemisphere... We would be able to assist with some of this... Putting it to the fans... they are the guys who know the leagues and the players...

Would a roster update not have been considered?

You consulted people ... good but did you match them to the ratings in the SH ... I am not 100% convinced.

Saying that this game I do go back to play when I want a rugby fix :)

Given the costs involved in updates, no, I shouldn't imagine so. We did put in the customisation options for a reason :)

Given the costs involved in updates, no, I shouldn't imagine so. We did put in the customisation options for a reason :)

Can you promise that next time I only have to use the customisation options for 5 hours, not 20?

The funny thing about this is when the HB games did the exact same in reverse (huge NH bias, Nick Evans had 50 odd acceleration, Carl Hayman had pitiful strength and was worse than every starting English club prop, all the kiwi players playing NH club rugby were rated higher than their NZ club counterparts) the general consensus was that it was a non issue. And they didnt even have a customisation option...

Shoe feels different on the other foot hey

Latest posts