• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Signing of the year in the Nrl

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Soward is a bloody bargin for the Drags.

Bet the Cocks are kicking themselfs now. [/b]
No, considering the have a new caretaker coach in Freddy Fittler and since his appointment have won 3 straight and a draw.
[/b][/quote]

Yeh but think about the quality player they let go, all because he never got a go in first grade, who knows.. if he was still at the Roosters, they could be going even better with him in their FG side, look at the difference hes made to the Dragons.

[/b][/quote]
Jamie Soward wasn't playing very well at the Roosters. In a lot of cases the move to a different club really brings out the true player. You see it every year.

I can recall watching him play in the lower grades and was always a stand out. I feel he was given enough time to shine in 1st grade at the roosters, and it just didn't happen. However it is at the Dragons.

The move to the Dragons is the best thing for Soward because he is now playing great footy. I think if he stayed at the Roosters all he would have been doing is hampering the Roosters efforts and letting himself down. A lot of the time it's just a psychological thing and a change of scenery tends to be the catalyst.

Soward was not given enough patience by ricky stuart to shine at the chooks

Soward was always a star - played alongside todd carney for school boy honours on the halves

Soward was traded by the Raiders in return for centre Jermain Ale from the chooks - Jermain Ale is now in the abyss of nothing.

Soward 2 clubs later finally getting his deserved attention

It shits me that Canberra released M Moneghan and Soward.......if we kept them to pair up with Carney......we would be a force...instead we play the waiting game of either dobson or campo to fill that void, which sould already be filled.

To tell you the truth, I can't see campo doing much at the moment. Dobson seems to be developing in to more of a ball player. I really hope the likes of Carney and Dobson (if he does infact fill the void as you also were wondering) stay around for atleast a few years because the Raiders NEED combinations to be forged, not just between two players, but between a number of them.

We've all seen how well Canberra can play and given the key players stick around for a while and the injury god is kind, they can certainly be a force once again.

Wow...I've just realised I started to rant about Canberra as a team, not the individuals I was supposed to, oh well, decent enough rant.

To tell you the truth, I can't see campo doing much at the moment. Dobson seems to be developing in to more of a ball player. I really hope the likes of Carney and Dobson (if he does infact fill the void as you also were wondering) stay around for atleast a few years because the Raiders NEED combinations to be forged, not just between two players, but between a number of them.

We've all seen how well Canberra can play and given the key players stick around for a while and the injury god is kind, they can certainly be a force once again.

Wow...I've just realised I started to rant about Canberra as a team, not the individuals I was supposed to, oh well, decent enough rant. [/b]

dude Campo got dropped 5-6 weeks ago..............why?

He was in good form back then when carney was off in court.......we were winning

then he gets dropped, for unknown reasons, and our season went pair-shaped

he hasnt been re-called to 1st grade since............

There is massive unrest in the raiders fanbase, as to what Campo has done off-the-field to be in PL for 5-6 weeks straight.

He has been dropped for discliplenary reasons unknown.......he form was good........we have email raiders, and trying to find out whats doing, we want answers and we are a tight nit group and speak to raiders managment alot........the SGB - Sydney Green Brigade, is an official fanbase in sydney, and we are adhered to....especially when we raise funds to pay fines for the coaches rant on refs........more news on campo's recluse soon.

But i also agree Dobbo can fire..........but i think this year Campo was more consistent.

When Dobbo stuffs up........its like lincoln withers.............its a stuff up with mammoth consequences, and costs direct points, or loss of possession....but again when he fires its an inferno...........he is hot or cold, so its a 50/50 call at the mo.

This is a union forum - So i am proud to say that David Campese's (arguably Aussie greatest winger) nephew plays for the MIGHTY RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

wade mckinnon. undoubtably. the warriors would be no where without him. ok maybie not nowhere but hes definatly doing wonders. i also think that price even though he signed last, hes made more of an impact now than ever before.

McKinnon has been the best for last year, and for next year I'd have to say Conivocieva still.

Latest posts