• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

signings

jordiev

Academy Player
Country Flag
Great Britain
Club or Nation
Sale
If you could have yoru team sign any ONE player for next year who would you choose and why?

No one I'm entirely happy with Leinsters team also probably wouldn't be able to with new rules...

Actually would use a time machine to sign a ten year younger O'Driscoll.

Ben Morgan to Wasps. We don't have any real ball carriers at Wasps at the moment, and with Dan Ward-Smith and Worsely retired we have no real cover at 8.

Shane, just to see the look on the Ospreys faces:D.

@ Henry Chinaski As a kind of Fantasy player would you not be a bit more ambitious say Parisse? No offence or anything.

@ Henry Chinaski As a kind of Fantasy player would you not be a bit more ambitious say Parisse? No offence or anything.

I didn't think of this as being a 'fantasy signing', I thought we were talking a good signing that also has a chance of happening. Morgan is possibly weighing up a move to an english club and for that reason, although unlikely, it might happen. Parisse definitely won't be coming anytime soon. Obviously, if I could have any player in the entire world, it wouldn't be Ben Morgan.

tbh i would love a bit of sonny bill in the worcester centres

Realistically, Tom Palmer. Gloucester only have 3 locks and have struggled in the lineout at points, and since Tom Palmer is out of contract in the summer and will want to move back to England if he has a real desire to play for England, it'd be a great move to snap him up. A Hamilton/Palmer second row would be as good as any in the Premiership imo. Fantasy-world: Alun Wyn Jones.

Scarlets - A hard nosed second row with a bit of experience. Someone like Matfield would be good.
Ospreys - An outside centre better than Bishop, or a fullback. Beale please.
Blues - A monster tighthead would be nice, although hooker is becomming a bit of a problem. Franks maybe?
Dragons - Again, a tighthead is probably most wanted here, although a second-row wouldn't go amiss especially with Charteris leaving. Someone with experience would be best probably, to unite a very young and inexperienced squad. Can't decide which is needed more.

I've heard that Day is leaving the Scarlets, I'd take him!
Not a bad player at all. Not the size of Charteris, workhorse of Bradley of anything, but he has put in some good performances this season, and he would get guaranteed gametime with us. I'll also take McCusker for a backup to Lydiate/Evans. We need a bloody scrumhalf as well. Jonathan Evans has looked pretty good so far, and I like Lewis Robling at 12. We need a tighthead... Perhaps the Dragons management can offer Eifion and all-you-can-eat buffet in a contract.

Dave McSharry to Munster. Munster need some young, quality, Irish centres. Mafi will do for the moment but we could aim for a McSharry-Danny Barnes centre partner ship in a few years.

Latest posts