TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_50839219_typhoon_mod.jpg

RAF jets were scrambled to intercept a passenger flight into Manchester, the Ministry of Defence (MOD) has said.

The BMI Baby flight from Prague sparked a security alert when it lost contact with air traffic control on Sunday.

BMI said the pilot had restored radio contact before the Typhoon fighters from RAF Coningsby arrived.

It said passengers and crew were not at risk. The RAF said its response was part of its role to protect the UK's airspace.

An MOD Spokesperson said: "Typhoon aircraft from RAF Coningsby were launched to investigate a BMI flight which had lost radio contact with air traffic control before it landed safely at Manchester airport.

"This is a routine part of the RAF's air defence role to protect UK airspace."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-12209924

We definitely know how to over-react to things in England.

We definitely know how to over-react to things in England.
Wouldn't have said that if it'd flown into the, oh, I dunno, Kop. Or another plane because they couldn't communicate with ATC.

If the pilot is at fault for losing contact, he should het his wings clipped. If the radio was at fault, the chief technician should get his ******** on a platter.

Wouldn't have said that if it'd flown into the, oh, I dunno, Kop. Or another plane because they couldn't communicate with ATC.

If the pilot is at fault for losing contact, he should het his wings clipped. If the radio was at fault, the chief technician should get his ******** on a platter.

If it was a flight from the Gulf, I'd be concerned. I've never known of a terrorist threat coming from Prague since the spring uprisings!

If it was a flight from the Gulf, I'd be concerned. I've never known of a terrorist threat coming from Prague since the spring uprisings!

Who said the terrorist threat came from Prague. It is always possible that this was a connecting flight from the Middle East towards Britian. Also terrorists can come from anywhere.

It's a BMI Baby flight from Prague. It's full of ****** up stags and hens, not terrorists.

It's a BMI Baby flight from Prague. It's full of ****** up stags and hens, not terrorists.

Just like 4 harmless and bright students from the East Home Counties hopped on the London-Midland line and made it onto the Circle & Piccadilly.

Who know, eh?

I take your point, I really do, but it'll be a rainy day in May when I agree with Typhoons being launched because a BMI Baby plane goes quiet.

It also makes me feel sick into the bargain, as those planes are launched for one reason and one reason only, just as the US equivalents did on September 11th 2001 when they shot down United 93.

You are aware planes go up on a daily basis for routine flights anyway?

As for the conspiracy nuts: Blegh. Enough people with enough time on their hands an a large collection of Michael Moore books.

I don't buy any of the 9/11 conspiracy theories - other than that one. It was shot down. And nothing will convince me otherwise.

Really shits on the memory of the victims if that's the case.

Indeed it does. It was the story of inspiration for the Americans in their darkest hour, but for me, it was shot down.

I meant did St Helens actually believe that was true, because to me it sounds like rubbish.

I do believe it was shot down, yes. In all the trash about 9/11, that is the only conspiracy theory I agree with. The rest are rubbish.

I do believe it was shot down, yes. In all the trash about 9/11, that is the only conspiracy theory I agree with. The rest are rubbish.

So it was shot down after the charge to the cockpit? Im just curious thats all.

In my view the plane was shot down once the plane got into position following hearing about the plane being hijacked - was there ever any evidence of the cockpit charge?

Latest posts