• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Simon Jones - Most Injured Fast Bowler

P

Prestwick

Cricket has been lethal to Simon Jones in the last few years and the injuries are only going to get better and better.

That said, maybe he is all fixed now and can play a test match without an arm falling off or getting into a fight with Matthew "I'm a knob" Hayden? Has there ever been a more injury plagued Fast Bowler in recent years?

Careful, Simon Jones will give Shane such a smack round the jaw...when his shoulder heals in 6 - 8 months...

Simon has only had a knee problems!

Simon unfortunately is suffering the same fate as his father, again was going to be a great England boweer but knee injuries ended his career!

I think Jones must get through a season this season to get in the England side and bowl well!

Shane Bond is far worse for injuries than that of Jones tho!

shane bond has had a foot fracture and alot of back problems. Also the odd abdominal tear and stuff.

He missed more games than what he played, just imagine what he could have done if he even got to play half of the games where he missed.

as for simon jones, meh i never rated him as a bowler anyway :)

Mate, Simon Jones has only played about three or four tests for England in the last five years. Seriously. He did his shoulder in just before the 2003 Ashes in Australia. He was injured at the end of the 4th test in the 2005 Ashes but not before being absolutely pivitol in getting Aussie Wickets. Flintoff, Hoggard and Jones were the triple trouble in 2005.

Its hard to rate him either good or bad because he has played so little cricket.

I remember feeling sorry for him on the first day of that ashes tour in oz when he did his knee...since then it seems like he's been cursed with knee problems. Shame too, he's a talented bowler.

On his day Jones is an excellent bowler who gives England some extra variety in their bowling. This was shown during the ashes 05 when his acuracy and ability to reverse swing the ball were spot on. Adam Gilchrist said that the England bowling combination on that tour was the toughest he ever faced. That is high praise from such a cricket legend. Cant see Jones playing for England again unless we are struck down by injuries as he is bound to be affected by all the operations to his knees. Such a shame that we have been denied as talented a bowler as Jones for so long.

Latest posts