• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

sione kepu

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

they use to say back in the day..if it wasnt sione kepu..it was jerry collins

...jerry collins prevailed and look where he is now...

all i got to say is that sione kepu has returned to the national cup and is playing for counties at number 8...he left nz at the same time him and jerry were competing for the nz under 21's number 8 jersey merely because auckland rugby pushed him to play at wing..to fill the void that jonah had left...he wasnt bad at all at 6ft...115kg's..he could outpace most backs but preferred playing his number 8...frustrated he left and took up the big cash over seas...i recently saw him in his flash as custom subaru..he has returned with the confidence and goal to finally make the allblacks for the next world cup in new zealand....a former student of the much prestigeous wesley college (sivivatu,lomu) i am betting he will make that chiefs squad and push lauaki another level up or two for that jersey..and to quote him .."im only up against wax"...that shows his confidence but also his smarts as to when i questioned him about playing for auckland..he said it is harder competing against jerome kaino and nick williams as opposed to wax and messam who are also convert 6's and also bates who is due offshores soon...

hes playing for counties..i wish him the best,he is not eligible for tonga because of the sevens games he has played for nz..so he will take up that challenge of not playing for tonga but to push for the allblacks...good on em..and look out for him in the provicial cup for counties manukau

all i got to say is that sione kepu has returned to the national cup and is playing for counties at number 8...he left nz at the same time him and jerry were competing for the nz under 21's number 8 jersey merely because auckland rugby pushed him to play at wing..to fill the void that jonah had left...he wasnt bad at all at 6ft...115kg's..he could outpace most backs but preferred playing his number 8...frustrated he left and took up the big cash over seas...i recently saw him in his flash as custom subaru..he has returned with the confidence and goal to finally make the allblacks for the next world cup in new zealand....a former student of the much prestigeous wesley college (sivivatu,lomu) i am betting he will make that chiefs squad and push lauaki another level up or two for that jersey..and to quote him .."im only up against wax"...that shows his confidence but also his smarts as to when i questioned him about playing for auckland..he said it is harder competing against jerome kaino and nick williams as opposed to wax and messam who are also convert 6's and also bates who is due offshores soon...

hes playing for counties..i wish him the best,he is not eligible for tonga because of the sevens games he has played for nz..so he will take up that challenge of not playing for tonga but to push for the allblacks...good on em..and look out for him in the provicial cup for counties manukau

[/b]
i think pushing sione lauki out of the chiefs would take a miracle hes on fire did you see aus a v jabs or crusaders v chiefs. obviously u like this guy but i think your letting it cloud your judgement. B)

thats good to hear, he should definetly go for N.Z as they're are way too many quality backrowers in Tonga going for the back three position in the worldcup best of Luck Sione!

^^shut up idiot...hes not eligible for tonga as he has played nz sevens..and no just because i have met him doesnt mean hes gonna make the chiefs..it will take a miracle to push lauaki out of the chiefs..it didnt take a miracle to push him outta auckland lol..

that being said sione kepu vs sione lauaki should be good....historically sione kepu was a highschool legend...just below jonahs status..he went over seas and the playing level lowered his game standard but i guess thats why hes here?....its better to have more players coming back then defecting overseas thats for sure...it would be good to see him play for tonga but that option isnt available

Hey,

i am just writing as to find out what makes a person inelligable for a country obviously i know that once a person has played for one country he cannot play for another but with the case of some of the players that have played for N.Z in sevens eg sione kepu & lifeimi mafi can they not play for Tonga or another country. I understand that one of the Tongan Props Soane Tonga'uiha who recently played for the Tongans against the junior all blacks was an U19 player for N.Z? how can this be so as he has represented N.Z.

Thanks alot

T.Rugby

opps sorry..any age grade rep for a country doesnt mean anything to the eligibility rules

under 21 colts and below doesnt rule out any chance of playing for other countries at all except for when you either play for sevens,junior ab's and allblacks...sione tongauiha didnt play in either of them...mafi played a couple of games for sevens aswell....if you play for the pacific islanders however you can still play for outside nations if you havent had a test cap with them already (sivivatu and lauaki)

its just the rule thats all...its a stupid unfair at that aswell..as mafi couldve been tonga's number 12 and a pretty lethal one at that (he was an awesome attacking player in the npc for taranaki..in the mold of a smaller tuitavake..i remember him)

the same is with the maori's..you can play for them and still represent other nations (deacon manu has put his hand up for fiji and filipo was to play for samoa untill he recently got picked up by the ab's)

these are the rules that the irb have laid down

Mafi is developing into a great center. He scored a great 65m try against Glasgow a few months ago. Will he be in the Tonga squad?

Mafi is developing into a great center. He scored a great 65m try against Glasgow a few months ago. Will he be in the Tonga squad? [/b]

Read Chiro's post above, Mafi is ineligible coz he has already played 7s for NZ and that rules him out for any other country.

I have had the pleasure of playing with Kepu for Teachers Eastern back in 2000. He was an awesome player. Everyone knew back then that if given the opportunity, he would be an All Black legend one day....too bad injuries took it's toll and the overseas mission.

Anyway, good luck to the brother. Just a shame he wont be available for the Blues.

not really..there was the option but he said the competition was much greater with kaino and williams and a few other younger numbers staking there claim in auckland

smart move i guess...lauaki would take some moving but hes not the most consistant of players sadly..

[/b]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you have got to be kidding me..lmao I played with keps in the Auckland B's in 2004 before he left to go over seas.starting ahead of Wax....that's a good one. I was there playing school boy rugby when he was around and yes everyone new him...he was the same size he is now back at school. Everyone else has grown since except Keps. Hence the reason he didn't go much futher after school. He got pushed out to the wing coz he wasn't fit enough for No8 and at the end of the day was found wanting on the wing as he wasn't quick enough. Its good to see him back, but getting a start over Wax....is stupid talk.

\I was there playing school boy rugby when he was around and yes everyone new him...he was the same size he is now back at school. Everyone else has grown since except Keps. Hence the reason he didn't go much futher after school.. [/b]

Seems to happen a lot. I see a lot of guys play awesome at school rugby, and they're big guys.. but other guys seem to keep growing after 18, and outgrow them..

i'm looking forward to seeing him play in the NPC! i remember seeing him play bak at school too, he was awesome. i hope he gets into the chiefs, he could play 8 if he's still any good and lauaki could play 6. i hate messam, don't know why, i just don't like the guy lol

Latest posts