• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sione Lauaki

B

bates

Morning all,

After NZ winning the TNC my weekend started just fine, especailly cause most of the time some of the AB are playing for the Chiefs :D .
I mean Richard Kahui, Sione Lauaki, Mils Muliaina and Sitiveni Sivivatu.

But my favorite stays Lauaki, when you see him play for the Chiefs he sometimes has some true highlights, but when playing for the AB it seems he's not really delivering. Reffering to the TNC were he made so many handling errors <_<

So what's your opinion about him and his capacities?

At moderators, I 'm not going to start a topic about every AB ;)

That's why he's seen as such of a star by the mooloos and not when he plays for the AB's. He's too much of an individual player to excel at such a top level. I see him chip-kick and goose-step and do stupid things all the time at both levels, but at the Super 14 and ANZCup level he can get away with them more often because he is contesting at a lower standard of competition.

True, you have a point there.
But as the Chiefs are seeing as a team that normally ends in the middle of the S14, there's not that much pressure and sometimes he really brings some added value, but idd talking about the AB, I agree he can't handle it.

Not a fan. He frustrates me whenever he runs with the ball. You watch him, he is as upright as a flagpole. Every. Time. He has no concept of gravity or motion. He very rarely makes ground when running at international level. He also has a very poor work rate for a loosie. He's an All Black because of his supposed impact, but whenever he is on the field the guys around him just have to work that much harder.
He can get away with it at provincial/Super 14 level, or takes on smaller guys. Then he has a real impact on a game. He's just not up to International standard though. And I don't know if he ever will be. Seems to struggle with basic skills too. Holds the ball like a handbag. That's why he drops it half the time.

Not a bad player for Waikato. When he's at his best he's great to see.

hmm sometimes when Lauaki has the ball its seems like hes dropping his nuts ay like he runs it up like a b*t*h. But yeahin saying that, as you said, he has provided some quality highlights because when hes "switched on" hes a great player to watch. Unfortunately hes an inconsistent player, so when hes off... dude he needs to be subbed!

lauaki is alright at provincial level, but i reckon he's a player who's better suited to league.

what to say?

He loves to take a breath
article_sione[1].jpg

Is all Maori guy
rightColumn_01.jpg

Owns self web page

Is great player
Lauakimain_wideweb__470x420,0.jpg

Guess injured this guy
england-nz.jpg

And is 5 years older than me

He is great brother, I agree your taste

That was Kahui who buggerd Matt Tait.

I like to watch him, im a genuine fan, powerful players are great to watch but when this guys off form hes unbearable.

Surely. Rugby is associated to huge strong men

And it is one of the leading charms of this amazing play

strong.gif

strong1big.jpg

For example look at this picture

So strong, so heavy, so sluggish, so dynamic and so fascinating!

I would call this picture ***ans

HabanaTacklesSANZ105.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 19 2008, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For example look at this picture

So strong, so heavy, so sluggish, so dynamic and so fascinating!

I would call this picture ***ans

HabanaTacklesSANZ105.jpg
[/b]
I'd call that picture '10 minutes in the bin'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Sep 19 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's not Maori is he?[/b]
Nah he's Tongan but just has Maori tatoo on his arms. Alot of players have heaps of tatoo from different cultures these days thou, so it's sometimes hard for people to distinguish from what ethnicity the person wearing the tatoo are affiliated.

True, he's Tongan.

But Most of the Pacific Islands have their own Tattoos, example Samoa, Tonga, NZ ( Maori) due to their Polynesian roots.

Ooo I was judging from his tattoos

Well, he's Tongan and plays for NZ

I guess it is frequent thing, as Tana Umaga also was Tonga based NZ

O I like Tana very much, he was my favorite foreigner

r141781_489836.jpg

And he gently gently gestures ME :D :lol: :p :lol: :p :p :p

r141781_489836.jpg

Currently you have 2 big immigrations waves in NZ : Asians and Pacific Islanders.

Most players ask for NZ nationality and the play for the AB, like Sitiventi, Lauaki, Umaga etc...

Latest posts