TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_59465552_ianmcgeechan.jpg

Director of rugby Sir Ian McGeechan will leave Bath at the end of the season after just a year in charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17600634

BEST. NEWS. EVER.

TBH since the awful performances vs Leinster and Worcester, and anyone else who happened to have "ster" in their name or who happened not to be London Irish, it has been counting down the days until McGeechan had to go. He's trashed us well and truly and I have not met a fan yet who's disappointed with this.

Has done nothing for Bath Rugby, if anything has taken us back a few years. Be interesting to see who will take over. A lot of work to be done to get into the top half of the table.

I know many will disagree, but I have always thought him to be an overrated coach.
Yes he won in SA, but look at the players he had.

Anyone you would like to see step in, Charlie?

I know many will disagree, but I have always thought him to be an overrated coach.
Yes he won in SA, but look at the players he had.

Anyone you would like to see step in, Charlie?

I actually agree with you,

towards the end of his reign with Scotland they were just dreadful, conceded over 50 points to France in the 2003 World Cup and nearly lost to Fiji and had a load of sub standard players in their squad at the time, and also a load of what became known as "Kilted Kiwis" which had mixed results

he did well at Wasps, but he came in after Warren Gatland's work and he was there as they declined so dramatically

I'm by no means saying he is bad coach, I think he is a very good coach, but he's not as mystically great as he's built up to be

The talk is saying Gary Gold, Nick Mallet and Mike Catt. Out of those I would choose Nick Mallet.

Latest posts