• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six Asian Nations (propose)

white bear

Academy Player
Country Flag
Russian Federation
Club or Nation
Russia
Everyone knows that Russia the largest country in the world, the western part of the country is located in Europe and the eastern part - in Asia , also we have access to the Pacific Ocean. That is, if you speak the language of rugby Russia could participate in European (European Nations Cup) , Asian (Asian Nations) and Pacific (Pacific Nations Cup) competitions for national teams. It just so happens our main rugby centers located in different parts of the country , and for the past 20 years the leading position occupied by the city Krasnoyarsk (Central Siberia), there are based two strongest professional clubs in Russia (Enisey-STM and Krasny Yar), they supply a lot of players to the national team of Russia, but do not conduct national team home matches, because ENC games play in winter.
I have a suggestion , but why not include Russia in the Asian nations , expanding the main division to 6 teams: Japan (14), Korea (24), Hong Kong (28), Sri Lanka (40), Philippines (57) + Russia (19).
From the point of view of the calendar will be no problems, Russia now plays in ENC in February and March , when will occupy 3rd place , the qualifying matches to the World Cup will start on May 24 for European teams , we are free to play from mid-April to mid-May in 6 Asian Nations!
Where to play home games in Russia? Only in Asian part of Russia on stadiums 10-25 thousand capacity, especially in Krasnoyarsk (especially match with Japan ), some matches can be played in a different rugby center of Novokuznetsk, we have a conveniently located city in the Far East (Khabarovsk and Vladivostok), where there are regular flights to Japan, Korea and Hong Kong.

Aren't most of Russia's professional clubs located in the Eastern (i.e. European) part of the country? The difficult here would seemingly just be the funding/logistics of Russia participating.

Most professional clubs (7 of 10) are located in the west of Russia (in Europe), but the two strongest clubs Enisey-STM (champion 2011 and 2012 seasons) and Krasny Yar (champion in 2013) in the East (in Siberis (Asia)) + another club in Novokuznetsk . This season, Krasnoyarsk clubs have won all the ***les at all levels from amateur leagues and leagues student to a professional.

Russian SHOULD be in the Asian nations, most of the country is in Asia. Could also have a Eurasion nations and the winner of the two play a test in a say Dubai in the spring. Eurasian countries could include all the 'European' countries which are actually like 90% of the land mass in Asia but political bodies way above rugby want to lump them in with Europe and not Asia... like Kazahkstan, Armenia and Georgia could play too, maybe Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kyrzgistan (sp??), Turmenistan I'm sure all would have decent amateur sides should the game be developed there. It might end up as Georgia vs. Russia every year for a while in Dubai but would be awesome the first time it wasn't those two.

Russian SHOULD be in the Asian nations, most of the country is in Asia. Could also have a Eurasion nations and the winner of the two play a test in a say Dubai in the spring. Eurasian countries could include all the 'European' countries which are actually like 90% of the land mass in Asia but political bodies way above rugby want to lump them in with Europe and not Asia... like Kazahkstan, Armenia and Georgia could play too, maybe Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kyrzgistan (sp??), Turmenistan I'm sure all would have decent amateur sides should the game be developed there. It might end up as Georgia vs. Russia every year for a while in Dubai but would be awesome the first time it wasn't those two.
please tell me you're joking.

I will make the correction, it is about the fact that Russia locat separate from the ENC additionally participate in the Asian Nations the (possibly more in the future and in the Pacific Cup). From the viewpoint calendar possible. Russia desperately short of international matches, and teams from the Asian 5 Nations think not prevent another party from the World Cup top-20 ranking.
Examples where countries are participating in the competition at the same time is quite different continents:
Japan (Asia and Pacific)
USA (America and Pacific)
Canada (America and Pacific)
Argentina (America and Sanzar)

Latest posts