• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Six Nations 2018] - Ireland

I think everyone is expecting that, I definitely want Ringrose to get at least 100 minutes this week and next prior to coming in for Scotland and England.

Looks definite too as he trained with Leinster today. Joining Ireland for part of week

Looks like Farrell is out for the six nations. Ligament damage after today's training session. Shame.

Looks like Farrell is out for the six nations. Ligament damage after today's training session. Shame.

What an absolute pisser for the guy and for the tournament. Scotland and Ireland have both been unlucky that injuries have focussed on areas where they have the least depth. I think Ireland will struggle to pick up a winning BP against Scotland if Ringrose shows the slightest bit of rust.

For Tristan Horgan.

He's a first year in Willow, has maybe three good years left but at the moment he's the form player in Ireland.

Really **** for Farrell, he's had a load of injuries already.
It's same injury from before Christmas

Great to have them back. Injuries to Conway and Scannell are awfully timed, think the step down between their replacements is large. Think Daly doesn't stand out hugely from the group of Sweetnam, Wootton, Byrne, Healy much, they're all of a similar enough standard I suppose.
I hope we absolutely suffocate the Scots and put ideas of playing rugby against us out of their heads early on. I think they're sure to put a few tries past us, but we should be able to score a few ourselves and give them a lot of grief with our better set piece. Would love to put the championship away this weekend before we inevitably lose to England in a reverse of last year.

Great to have them back. Injuries to Conway and Scannell are awfully timed, think the step down between their replacements is large. Think Daly doesn't stand out hugely from the group of Sweetnam, Wootton, Byrne, Healy much, they're all of a similar enough standard I suppose.
I hope we absolutely suffocate the Scots and put ideas of playing rugby against us out of their heads early on. I think they're sure to put a few tries past us, but we should be able to score a few ourselves and give them a lot of grief with our better set piece. Would love to put the championship away this weekend before we inevitably lose to England in a reverse of last year.
Slam is in the bag!

I think Wooten is the only real competitor for Daly right now, both have a great try scoring record, Daly is 2nd in the Pro14 and I think Wooten is Munster's top scorer? Daly is the better athlete and that bit more mature though while being a likely starter with his province when fit these days with McFadden his competition.

What an absolute pisser for the guy and for the tournament. Scotland and Ireland have both been unlucky that injuries have focussed on areas where they have the least depth. I think Ireland will struggle to pick up a winning BP against Scotland if Ringrose shows the slightest bit of rust.

I heard that Carbery is training at 12. Could be interesting.

And moving Aki to 13 or plugging Ringrose straight back in there? Not the fixture for that sort of experimentation surely?

Scotland back to pretty much full choice with first choice options at hooker, lock, prop and inside centre all returning to strengthen the rag tag mob that disposed of England. Dunbar and Fagerson in particular would be sizeable upgrades for them if they can pass as match fit. At the very least Scotland shouldn't weaken after 60mins.

They might be worth a wee wager for any Irishman suffering a crisis of confidence! :p

I heard that Carbery is training at 12. Could be interesting.
Would be a major mistake if he does. 1. He's no gametime there. 2. He's not experienced there. 3. Ringrose offers more coming in. 4. It'd go against everything Schmidt believes defensively

It's very close between a lot of players on the wings behind Earls, Stockdale and Conway. Conway being inured leaves the 23 shirt up for grabs. Larmour isn't defensively solid and McFadden was poor against Wales. Everyone else is either uncapped/hardly capped. Sweetnam/Wooton are just behind him and Adam Byrne/Matt Healy have just come back from the injury but should be pushing for places in the squad fairly soon.

Carbery at 12 seems unlikely to me especially against Scotland. I'd be more gone on Carbery at 10 and Sexton at 12 because Sexton has played international rugby there before. (Quite well, according to BOD). Either way it unnecessarily changes the team's structure massively when Sexton-Aki-Ringrose is a perfect option. If yet another centre gets injured we can consider it but short of that it's unnecessarily risky. Would be willing to consider Carbery at 15 though.

Latest posts