• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Six Nations 2018] Round 2: Scotland vs France (11/02/2018)

And again!
Scottish hooker brings down an attacking maul in his own 22 and lacey claims France brought their own maul down

Scotland have played a sensible second half. But Toolis swam down the side of that maul and brought it down.

Well done Scotland... still fighting some of their own demons but that'll be a win to build on going into the big one against England.

Well I had Scotland to win with two trys so Im happy.

Fabulous match! What a shame Scotland waited a week or they'd have put Wales to the sword. Now for England. Eddie will be quaking in his boots!

Fabulous match! What a shame Scotland waited a week or they'd have put Wales to the sword. Now for England. Eddie will be quaking in his boots!

Not as much as he was quaking in his boots in the last quarter of yesterday's game! Wales played well last week and well this week how do you make out Scot would have put us to the sword? Duh!

Warburton acting like that Scotland performance could beat England next round hahaha

England Scotland at Murrayfield is always close, although I think we will beat them.

England Scotland at Murrayfield is always close, although I think we will beat them.

To be fair, with the Wales game out of the way, I kind of hope England go all the way now. I think Ireland will be tough though (for England)

Fair enough last time was 9-15 but the time before was 0-20

I expect Scotland to give us a game but much like Wales I don't expect them to win.

Fair enough last time was 9-15 but the time before was 0-20

I expect Scotland to give us a game but much like Wales I don't expect them to win.

Yeah it won't be as close as the Wales game. My prediction almost came true yesterday (the s*** happens one). Doubt there will be the same debates after Scot Eng

To be fair, with the Wales game out of the way, I kind of hope England go all the way now. I think Ireland will be tough though (for England)

Funnily enough, I think it could be the first year where I have wanted Wales to win every game, apart from the England game obviously.

I think they have to show a certain degree of impartiality don't they? And not insult teams. It is a 'sport' after all!

He works for the Beeb... just bigging up the next game. In reality we know Scotland will have to improve a great deal.

With the amount of penalties England are giving away of late though who knows lol.

Really disappointing in how France tailed off and lost all discipline. Especially after a bright start. I can't see either team beating anyone other than Italy on that evidence this 6N. Townsend corrected his tactics compared to last week and had some direct running (the locks were strong on that score). Scotland really missing Dunbar who is a bit of a defensive maestro.

Been sick of it for years I really don't think he's better you just have to look at what England accomplished with Ford at fly-half even compared to the much vaunted Farrell. Hell look at Bath a couple a season ago when he still cared about playing for us and now....

Both are better than Biggar though.

Yup. Finn Russell hasn't had a great tournament and was greedy and fatally misjudging the wind today. But he is better than Biggar and on merit should have been ahead of him on for Lions selection. That's all anybody on this forum has said as far as I can recall. He's had a great year for Glasgow contributing to them winning every game and has a ludicrous kicking at goal success rate this year too.

Pretty questionable from my perspective to see some posters throwing him under the bus after a couple of sub-par games. Also a complete failure to acknowledge that Ford has a much easier life behind a dominant and strongest pack in the comp compared to Finn behind probably the joint weakest pack in the first two weeks. But by all means grind that axe away! :p

Really disappointing in how France tailed off and lost all discipline. Especially after a bright start. I can't see either team beating anyone other than Italy on that evidence this 6N.
agreed. No need change my tune https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/6-nations-hype-thread.40616/#post-885674
They always were in a fight for the wooden spoon from day 1. THey're a penalty giving machine. Typical of a poorly coached and shambolic side.

Not many were buying the union's little story about 'developing' players in a young squad. Brunel's recall of 32 yo Beauxis is very odd and contradicts the talk of 'developing players' when they leave 21 yo Belleau on bench. The union havent settled on a consistent HB pair in almost a decade.

Italy will def fancy their chance. A home win will just delay the inevitable. A defeat - and fan (and sponsors) backlash will eventually catch up with the FFR.

Last edited:
France have some cracking player some marvellous talent so they always stand a chance against anyone , I wouldn't be so down beat tho they had Ireland beat and that was just unlucky and they should of closed that game out against Scotland but for their indiscipline and some Scottish rub of the green from the ref - they been a bit unlucky it's always the way when your in a transition period nothing goes for you , they do lack structure though and they need to stick with a co-signer halfback pairing once they sort all that I see good things for France - I hope they get it together

Latest posts