• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six Nations Official Launch

• Thread starter SaintsFan_Webby
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Several members of the TRF staff have landed ourselves the possibility of attending the official launch of this season's RBS Six Nations Tournament on January 23rd. The event will be attended by the head coach and captain of every nation, with a chance to ask them questions, and mabye even the opportunity of landing an exclusive interview.

We are doing this on behalf of TRF, and so we want to know what feedback you would all like to hear. Is there any specific player or coach you would like to see questioned? Any issue you would like to pick the brains of those involved in the international setup on?

This thread is the place for you to post up any questions you would like asked, and if the opportunity arises those of us attending will try and root out as many answers as possible.

We need to move quickly if we are to make as much of the situation as possible, so no irrelevant rubbish please. Be warned, any crap will simply be removed from the thread without notification.

So come on - what do you, the members of TRF, want to see quizzed Brian Ashton, Warren Gatland etc about?

Warren Gatland: What were you smoking when you took this job?
*Turns on serious face*
Warren Gatland: What do you expect out of your Welsh team in this years tournament?
Also Which players would you expect most out of in this tournament?

Eddie O'Sullivan: Can you tell O'Gara he owes me £5,000 for the Grand National...he'll know what I'm talking about.

*Real question*

EOS: After last years disappointing World Cup Campaign, what positives, if any, can you take from 2007 and build on for the next four years?

Glad to see how interest in this one has taken off. Come on guys, I want to get in touch with the organisers in the next couple of days, and if there aren't many member questions you'll simply get me asking what I want to know.

And we all know how biased and English I am...

Frank Hadden: Can you envisage a world without Dan Parks?
Frank Hadden: How much did Matt Williams' era as Scotland coach help prepare Scotland for the Rugby World Cup 2007?

Eddie O'Sullivan:Did you watch the world cup quarter finals on setanta?

Frank Hadden:After the solid world cup performance, do you see this as the real resurgence of Scottish rugby? (predictable answer will be spoken im sure but i just wanted to post a question) ;)

Eddie O'Sullivan - Well Eddie you said in the aftermath of the world cup that there won't be many changes to the setup, will this still be the case given the form of certain Irish players since then?

Brian Ashton: The quality of youth players in the Guinness Premiership is growing, which can only be a good thing for English Rugby, are there any exciting young talents you are looking forward to working with in the next couple of years?

EOS: So what is the excuse for choosing Peter Stringer this time?

Mr. Ashton: Why don't you just pick a reliable Fly-Half for a change? :p

Question:

Referees' interpretation of the Laws is even more critical to a team's success on the pitch. What steps are you taking to try to understand referees' intentions before each game and to communicate better between players, refs and coaches?

Brian Ashton: Post world cup 4 previous England captains have retired from the international scene. Will this adversely affect the leadership within the squad?

I'm sure there's a better way of phrasing it though.

Question for anyone:

IRB is talking about including Argentina on the tri-nations, what do you think about that? Do you think it´s better for them to play the 6 nations?

Let me firstly state, there is nothing wrong with TRF asking "cheeky" questions at this sort of thing...it will 1. get us noticed, and 2. it is sort of our collective style.

Moving onward...
BOD (because captains will be present too): How do you feel about the large numbers of so called "Plastic Paddy's" supporting your team?
Brian Ashton: You've got to be a bit relieved that Laurence Dallaglio stepped down, eh? I mean, you two were classmates and all, so I'm sure it would be hard to sack your peer.
Welsh Captain: What do you think of Gavin Hensons new look? It sort of screams "I'm George Best" doesn't it?
Italians: Have you all thought about sending a mass email out to let everyone in your country know about rugby? That sort of thing works in my company.

Warren Gatland: While installing a strong defence and mental toughness have been identified as two of your main goals for the Welsh team these recent months (by The Western Mail newspaper), will that take away the exciting rugby that Wales was made famous for in 2005? Or are your intentions simply to make the defense and forwards pack solid, thus going forward with possession, so then the backs can try to gain more ground (Or break the gainline as, hopefully fitter and improved backs)?

Frank Hadden - Can you really feel that this year Scotland can win?

and to Chris Paterson if you speak to him, tell him :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: on his 100% at the World Cup! Keep up the good work boyo!

Brian Ashton: How does the availabily of young talent in the premiership affect your selection of the squad. Is expirience more important than what these young players can bring to englands game?

'in an Italian accent' question to Frank Hadden - is there REALLY any chance of getting our wooden spoon back this year?

I believe the French Captain hasn't been named but if you could ask him, What do you think of Chabal Mania that swept france in 2007?

to BA: Have you had any opportunity to appoint the team manager that we were told about, if not are there any front runners for the job and what would be there role in your coaching set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts