1. 2016 RBS Six Nations Rugby Table - The Rugby Forum
    Table updated after last fixture of the weekend

Six Nations Team Of The Tournament

Discussion in '2017 RBS Six Nations' started by gingergenius, Mar 23, 2010.

1. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

Surprised there's no thread on this yet. We've seen a few superb players this 6N - and here's my 22:

1. Thomas Domingo
    2. William Servat
    3. Nicholas Mas
    4. Alastair Kellock
    5. Lionel Nallet
    6. Kelly Brown
    7. John Barclay
    8. Johnnie Beattie
    9. Pablo Canavosio
    10. Francois Trinh-Duc
    11. Shane Williams
    12. Yannick Jauzion
    13. Mathieu Bastareaud
    14. Tommy Bowe
    15. Clement Poitrenaud

16. Ross Ford
    17. Euan Murray
    18. Pascal Pape
    19. Imanol Harinordoquy
    20. Morgan Parra
    21. Dan Parks
    22. Keith Earls

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. DonBilly

DonBilly Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2010, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No Dussautoir?

4. erwanseb

erwanseb Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Imanol Harinordoquy was the standout player of the tournament, he can't be on the bench.

5. 1. Thomas Domingo
    2. William Servat
    3. Adam Jones
    4. Bradley Davies
    5. Lionel Nallet
    6. Theirre Dusitaor
    7. John Barclay
    8. Johnnie Beattie/Imanol Harinordoquy
    9. Morgan Parra
    10. Dan Parks
    11. Shane Williams
    12. Yannick Jauzion/Jamie Roberts
    13. Mathieu Bastareaud
    14. Tommy Bowe/Sean Lamont
    15. Clement Poitrenaud

6. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Mar 23 2010, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Adding Welsh players for fun?

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Barnsies team:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

8. DonBilly

DonBilly Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 23 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

This could be the team of the 5th round but not of the whole tournament in my humble opinion.

9. Olyy

Olyy Guest

Trinh-Duc performed too well to not make that list. Parks played well, but Trinh-Duc was way above him, imo.
    Hook played well, but no better than BOD or Basta (who, apart from the Scotland match, wasn't too spectacular)

10. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Not the finest effort from Barnes, maybe he did put team of the tournament in instead of team of the week.

My team.

Poitrenaud - didn't actually do a poitrenaud throughout the tournament and offered the best attacking threat from full back as well as being solid at the back.
    Bowe - showed what a class finisher he really is
    Bastareaud - came of age this tournament especially with his performance against Ireland
    Earls - probably the best of the Irish backs, great pace and quality finishing
    Trinh Duc - the most consistent of the fly halves and able to get his back line moving
    Parra - no contest here really, O'Leary had one good game but other than that they were all ****.
    Domingo - dominant loosehead again no contest really.
    Servat - may not have played the full 80 but when you've the quality of Szarewski on the bench you're not going to but what his general play was right up there.
    Mas - dominant French scrum, largely down to the tighthead holding it together.
    Davies - had a cracking tournament, even more impressive considering the personal factors.
    Nallet - brings that needed composure to the French setup
    Dusautoir - quality player, keeps on improving and looks even better now he's leading the team
    Barclay - the whole backrow for Scotland has been outstanding but Barclay for me was the best of the lot.
    Harinordoquy - probably nailed on for player of the tournament after his performances this season.

11. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Is your other centre in the sin-bin?

12. King_D'Arcy

King_D'Arcy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 23 2010, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    no joke, this is word for word what i was just about 2 write

13. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

just keeping you on your toes. Literally goes without saying that Jauzion was the standout performer.

14. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I'll just explain some of my choices.

Front row - bleeding obvious since the French destroyed everyone in the scrum. Ford and Murray had good tournaments as well.

2nd row - not impressed with anyone here, besides the French and Kellock

back row - Harinordoquy was the best player of the 6 nations. But Beattie was not so far behind and played really well with his Glasgow colleagues. I picked him to keep this combination together.

9 - Not impressed with anyone over the course of the tournament - Parra made a lot of poor decisions, Care shone occasionally... but when Canavosio was on the pitch, Italy were noticeably better. Tito Tebaldi has to be the worst scrum half I've seen since Bergamasco.

10 - Trinh-Duc steered France to a grand slam. Jones played well in patches, as did Parks.

outside backs - no argument. You could possibly have a think about James Hook, D'Arcy or even McLean... but no one else had that big an impact.

15. DonBilly

DonBilly Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Well Beattie is the least questionable player in your back row actually although I you pointed out Harinordoquy is better, not by much but better nonetheless. I don't understand why you selected these flankers.

16. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Mar 23 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well Beattie is the least questionable player in your back row actually although I you pointed out Harinordoquy is better, not by much but better nonetheless. I don't understand why you selected these flankers.
    [/b][/quote]

Because Brown and Barclay both played well in every game...?

17. Meh

Meh Guest

I know Trinh-Duc was good but look who he had playing around him.

Dan Parks deserves credit where credit is due in my opinion - 3 MOTM performances and he still misses out on a number of your lists.

18. iWin

iWin Guest

We all seem to be in agreement that the front row, fullback and centres belong to the French, the back row to the scots, and the wings to the Irish

On the more contentious ones, I would say that Davies and Nallet were the outstanding performers in the second row, despite good performances from others. In the halfbacks, I think Canavosio deserves it for managing to shine in a terrible Italian side, and Parks probably pips Trinh-Duc to the 10 spot.

No English players get a mention, as we only turned up for the last round.
    Only 1 Welshman because they really should have done far better than they did.

19. Rocket Singh

Rocket Singh Guest

1 - 23 : Dan Parks.

EDIT: f***ing Dan Parks like a motherf***er.

20. Olyy

Olyy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Mar 23 2010, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    True, disappointingly.
    Though if it was a 22, Foden would be in there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rocket Singh @ Mar 23 2010, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    2008 6N:
    1-23 LEE BYRNE LEE BYRNE LEE BYRNE LEE BYRNE

2009 6N:
    BOD BOD BOD BOD BOD BOD BOD BOD

2010 6N:
    DAN PARKS DAN PARKS DAN PARKS

Wonder which nations will be 2011? :p

21. 1.Domingo
    2.servat
    3.mas
    4.nallet
    5.cullen
    6. dussatoir
    7. wallace
    8 Harinorduqui ...and beattie so very close behid him
    9.o leary
    10. thrin duc
    11.williams and earls right behind him
    12. jauzion
    13.its a bit meh here ..bod had a poor year by his standards ..hook only played in the last couple of games and basta faded out near the end
    14. tommy bowe
    15. ...toss up between lee byrne geordan murphy or foden undoubtably foden if he had been given a fair chance by johnson though

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!