• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Skalk Burger suspended

B

Brett22Smith

Burger acted like a soccer player the way he signed at the touch judge in the Stomers-Sharks game. This behavior looked to me very much like how many soccer players behave towards the refs. It was pathetic-grow up and go sit down for 10 minutes. Rugby has a good thing going-the players respect the ref and accept his decision-as soon as someone even comments-ref sends them back another 10 m or even cards them. In soccer you see players shout at the ref and shove him around.

The other thing I've seen creep in (Seen it done by Italy and Argentina) is when a kicking player 'dives' after kicking the ball and makes out that he was late tackled.

The last thing I want to see is guys diving over the show-pretending to be folwed, and people acting like monkeys and shouting at refs-not a good advertisement for rugby.
(But that referee that was linesman for that much is actually an idiot ref-he performs well below par and if I were NZ or AUS-I would not want him to referee games. In a local SA game- he spoke only Afrikaans (several players such as "beast" dont speak Afrikaans-very unfair, unproffessional and borderline segratory (racist) and really missed a lot in the game and made some horrible calls.

Please comment on unproffessional behavior by players and refs.

How the f*** can you can that official a border line racist?

He is speaking one of the official languages, it's his right.

That's why in rugby we have hand signals, so language isn't factor.

Players don't need personal explanations anyway, the refs decision is final (like you said). And if there's a query, the captain handles it. That's one of the reasons they're there

Like I've said the gesturing was definitely a bad thing, Schalk should have known better.

But Jon Robbie said it perfectly yesterday, getting a 2 match suspension was ridiculous, not to mention that neither Muller or Mujati even had a -talking- to, it was just absurd.

I don't want any of this coming into Rugby, but give the man a fine or a 1 match ban at the most, good lord I would have done much more to that useless waste of space that is Willie Roos then give him a gesture.

This is pretty unusual for Shalk right? Usually, he just takes what he's given with good grace (even if what he did was pretty damn obvious to the ref in the first place).

Burger acted like a soccer player the way he signed at the touch judge in the Stomers-Sharks game. This behavior looked to me very much like how many soccer players behave towards the refs. It was pathetic-grow up and go sit down for 10 minutes. Rugby has a good thing going-the players respect the ref and accept his decision-as soon as someone even comments-ref sends them back another 10 m or even cards them. In soccer you see players shout at the ref and shove him around.

The other thing I've seen creep in (Seen it done by Italy and Argentina) is when a kicking player 'dives' after kicking the ball and makes out that he was late tackled.

The last thing I want to see is guys diving over the show-pretending to be folwed, and people acting like monkeys and shouting at refs-not a good advertisement for rugby.
(But that referee that was linesman for that much is actually an idiot ref-he performs well below par and if I were NZ or AUS-I would not want him to referee games. In a local SA game- he spoke only Afrikaans (several players such as "beast" dont speak Afrikaans-very unfair, unproffessional and borderline segratory (racist) and really missed a lot in the game and made some horrible calls.

Please comment on unproffessional behavior by players and refs. [/b]

Don't be a f**kwit unprofessional behaviour or disrepecting the ref isnt exclusive to football (not f**king soccer leave that to the yanks). :toss: Granted Union seems to have alot more respect for referee and refs decisions but its a load of shite that bad behaviour is exclusive to football.

I do not see the issue with speaking Afrikaans on the field as someone pointed its one of your countries 13 official languages (no doubt there is 13 not to **** off any major ethnic groups).However he should be able to speak english to players that do not understand Afrikaans.

Come on guys get a sense of humour there has being times ive wanted to do a helluva lot more than gesture to the ref. :lol:

Whats wrong with speaking a language nobody else on your team understands?

Dan Parks is the only person on the Scotland team who can speak "Australian". Ceri Sweeny speaks his own language which he made up when he was five so nobody has a clue what he is thinking half of the time.

Whats wrong with speaking a language nobody else on your team understands?

Dan Parks is the only person on the Scotland team who can speak "Australian".. [/b]

Shut up you. :lol:

Latest posts