• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Skins

H

Hamster

Who uses skins whilst playing rugby

imo they are stupid and a waste of money, like $100 and help keep the blood flowing or some crap, just a scam I reckon. Then players/showponys were them thinking they make a difference, wouldnt wear them unless I got given them for free.

When its really cold I wear my long sleeve skins because they keep me warm when I've worked up a sweat. But if you don't move around much at all then you'll stay cold.

The shorts are a great idea, really comfortable to wear under shorts apparently, I don't have any though.

I have a skins singlet/vest thingy which I wear under my jersey all the time. Its comfy and keeps my warmer when its cold and helps a bit when its hot.

If people buy skins in the hope they boost performance as much as they tell you, then you're stupid, but they are beneficial is some rights.

I only use one skin, both when I'm playing rugby and when I'm cycling. The main bonus for me is that it keeps you from sweating so much, especially when you are cycling. I can cycle somewhere at full speed for an hour, take off the underlayer and I smell like I just got off the bus, instead of having worked my ass off the last 50 minutes.

I have a couple of the Nike Pro tops. I do find that they help keep you cool, and they also keep a sweaty top from sticking to you and distracting you from the game.

Yeah i have the under armor type and there really good. People use them to keep them warm in the colder conditions not too try and look good or anything

I have a pair of Under Armour shorts. I use them for comfort really + they keep me warm.

Who uses skins whilst playing rugby

imo they are stupid and a waste of money, like $100 and help keep the blood flowing or some crap, just a scam I reckon. Then players/showponys were them thinking they make a difference, wouldnt wear them unless I got given them for free.
[/b]

Well, when you talk about them keeping the "blood flowing or some crap" they do actually do that.
They work in the same way as surgical stockings. It increases the amount of oxygenated blood to your muscles with flushes any lactic acid. It helps you in sport, it helps you if you've been sitting down on a plane for hours - they work.
They also keep you warm, becuase regardless of what it claims to do with wicking away sweat from your body that cools you down, the matter of fact is, it's a tight garment and you wear anything that's tight on your body and it'll keep you warm.
So, no it's not a scam. But exactly like melon said if you think it'll make you a better player then fool on you.
It will help your performance if the cold affects you badly - but that's pretty much it.