• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SL - NRL sister teams

Q

QLD

do nrl and SL teams have sister teams

if not - what do you think the sister teams should be

NZ Warriors and Catalans Dragons - both teams play in foreign land, away from the mainland.
Melbourne Storm and Celtic Crusaders - Teams located in territories which are traditional league areas
Gold Coast ***ans and Salford City - New teams on the block
Brisbane Broncos and Harlequins - One city teams located in big cities, Harlequins used to be London Broncos too

thats it for me

St Helens - Manly - Both sets of fans have perplexing hard ons for that pony Jamie Lyon.

Manly and St.Helens Both a bunch of wankers.
Leeds and Canterbury Both sets of fans steal cars
Celtic Crusaders and NZ warriors they are both sheep shaggers
Melbourne and Wigan both legendary clubs. :D :p

St.Helens, which club is the biggest bandwagon club in the super league? eg the Man United of ESL

The biggest club in Super League, and arguably the world, is Wigan. It's my birth right to hate them, I'm from St Helens. But I can't deny they are a massive team. However, they're also a delusional team, harping on about the glory days of the 80's. They are doing this more and more at the moment as they haven't won the ***le in 10 years and any trophy at all in 6 years.

St Helens aren't even the second biggest club in that country, that's Leeds, we're 3rd biggest but the most successful club of the Super League era.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Dec 11 2008, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Manly and St.Helens Both a bunch of wankers.
Leeds and Canterbury Both sets of fans steal cars
Celtic Crusaders and NZ warriors they are both sheep shaggers
Melbourne and Wigan both legendary clubs. :D :p[/b]

Some colorful langauge there!

So Wigan are the bandwagoners? f***, I chose to support them because I was trying to do the opposite and not support a bandwagon team like St. Helens or Leeds, who I thought were the top two dominant teams. Melbourne and Wigan are the bandwagon teams then? No surprise RUTB supports them then! ;)

I said I'd choose Wigan to support and I'm proudly stick to that desicion. But I've never watched a super league match yet and I'm still learning about the league. I'm stick to Wigan foir the time being. But once the season starts I could be attracted to a team like Hull who are struggling and have got the legendary Mick Crocker!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 12 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Melbourne and Wigan are the bandwagon teams then? No surprise RUTB supports them then! ;)[/b]

I'm not a victorian. <_< its a bandwagon team there but not here in SA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Dec 12 2008, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 12 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Melbourne and Wigan are the bandwagon teams then? No surprise RUTB supports them then! ;)[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Arent you that bloke that hates Victoria????

The worst thing you could do is support a bloody Victorian team. Do yourself a favour and support a different team!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 12 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Dec 12 2008, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

The worst thing you could do is support a bloody Victorian team. Do yourself a favour and support a different team!
[/b][/quote]

Yes i know its a contradiction but i supported the storm before i knew any better.I don't particularly feel any affinity to any other team if they brought in a South Australian team i would support them in a heartbeat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 11 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Salford are ancient; you'll be thinking of Cetic.[/b]

Gold Coast were in the comp ages ago and got kicked out, now they're back. same with Salford I guess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Dec 12 2008, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 12 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Dec 12 2008, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Yes i know its a contradiction but i supported the storm before i knew any better.I don't particularly feel any affinity to any other team if they brought in a South Australian team i would support them in a heartbeat.
[/b][/quote]

What about the Green Machine? Same place as the Brumbies.. gotta love the Raiders.

Sharks could be down in Adeliade anytime soon.. playing a few games there next year, which is good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Dec 12 2008, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not bitter i just hate St.Helens just like you hate Wigan. :rolleyes:[/b]

And if you were a born and bred Wiganner, which you're not, I'd accept that. But I'll keep pinging you as jealous, because you've got no reason to hate Saints otherwise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 12 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Dec 12 2008, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 12 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

What about the Green Machine? Same place as the Brumbies.. gotta love the Raiders.

Sharks could be down in Adeliade anytime soon.. playing a few games there next year, which is good.
[/b][/quote]

If there was any team i would support other than the sturm is the raiders i can relate to them as a storm supporter as in they arent terribly liked by the sydney establishment either i dont mind them but i'm a storm supporter love the way they play love the fact they are almost universally hated,its one of the best feelings ever when the storm stick it up the NSW/QLD teams, especially if the sydney media have said they wont win or have being attacking them with the usual shite i.e they are cheaters they should move to the central coast etc :toss: i'm used of that as a Port Adelaide supporter in the AFL so yeah go the storm. :)

The sharks wont move,i don't think a transplanted team would work it needs to be organic and the fact i want a team here but not at the expense of another club and its history and supporters that wouldn't be fair. The bulldogs are apparently planning to play three games a year here at Adelaide Oval also which is cool because i know a member of SACA (the owners of the ground) and i can get into the members bar which means no f**king midstrength beer for moi. B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 12 2008, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So Wigan are the bandwagoners? f***,[/b]

Wigan are not 'bandwagoners'.
Despite the shite served up at the JJB in recent years the crowds have actually gone up and even the distraction of a premiership fooball team in the town hasn't lessened the support.

Not sure there are any bandwagoners in SL to be honest although Bradford's diminishing crowds in more recent, less successful seasons does point a small finger of suspicion at their fans.

As for Stains.... I hated them when they were **** and I still hate them now they're not. Jealousy hasn't nothing to do with it. :p I do however think that they're a fantastic team... unless it's raining of course where suddenly they turn to crap.

Latest posts