Sleeping outdoors?

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by Laetca, Jan 14, 2009.

?

Poll

1. Yes, in my own garden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, in places other than my own garden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Laetca

Laetca Guest

Apparently the idea of sleeping in your own garden didn't cross too many people's minds at some point in their life, this is a random and -let's be honest- pretty pointless poll to see how the sleeping outdoors mentality is seen on a global scale.

As for the first possibility, I'm counting the garden's of people you know under that too :p

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sleeping out is ace, I have done it in lots of places.

4. Laetca

Laetca Guest

For a second it seemed like putting up a tent in your own garden as a kid (or teen, or twenty-something) was something reserved to only a few people, since none of the people I asked had ever done something like that. Then I thought it was perhaps something restricted to girls. Now I'm not sure.

5. Hall

Hall Guest

Numerous places.

My own garden, friends gardens, campsites.

Slept on a riverbank without a tent because of a fishing trip before.

6. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

[​IMG]
    Once I realized that this guy has access to the "outdoors" I made a life decision to always sleep indoors.

7. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

I've been camping many times before. I've never actually slept outside of shelter though.
    The thought of bugs crawling over me in the night gives me the shivers. D:<

8. Hall

Hall Guest

That used to bother me until I realised that insects always seem to end up in my tent anyway.

Now I just don't care.

Come to think of it, you eat spiders in your sleep anyway. Why does it matter where it happens?

9. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 14 2009, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I remember playing hide and seek years ago, and I decided to hide in a part of garden with massive streaks of grass.
    Conveniently enough there was an ant nest there. *whimpers*
    That's not happening again! :x
    Also, I hate spiders (phobia I guess) with a passion. It's just the idea of it that sends a shiver down my spine.
    Besides, what if a spider decides to settle on your face until you wake up? WHAT ABOUT THEN, HUH?! D:<

10. Hall

Hall Guest

Luckily I'm quite fond of the little fellas.

If I lived in a country with dangerous spiders that would all change...

11. Bellew

Bellew Guest

let me see were have I slept

1.On a riverbank
    2.A Closet
    3. On top of a car
    4.On a picnic Table
    5.In a jonboat
    6.On the front porch
    7.On a Street

"'No I am not homeless I was waiting for the bus"

12. toxicfiend

toxicfiend Guest

I have slept outside alot but only a few times under cover. it sucks waking up soaking wet :/ the booze helps me sleep out doors even though i usually make it home one way or another

13. melon

melon Guest

After a big night out, somehow manage to get over the fence at a fast food outlet (namely McDonalds or Burger King/Hungry Jackes) and sleep in the playground whilst using the delivered newspapers as blankets when they come.

14. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Camping is the best. It's always good to rough it up every so often.
    The roughest I've done would have to be 2 nights (3 days) with just a sleeping bag. Basically just hiking and then sleeping by a clearly when it gets dark. When I was around 16 me and my one mate used to camp often we'd just take a tent, sleeping bag and a fishing rod. We'd find a clearly on the riverbank, tent up, cast a line and eat the fruits of our labour for supper. Now that's the life! We of course brought other food along but there's some very liberating about eating something you've caught. We always brought his German Shepherd along because there was a bit of a problem with leopards in the area, although leopards don't attack humans often, his mum insisted :p.
    Oh ja and I've done the yard thing before but where is the "other" tick box in the poll?!

15. Hall

Hall Guest

Got to agree with you about catching your own food, it appeals to our 'hunter-gatherer' nature.

16. Laetca

Laetca Guest

Other tick box?

I ran this poll on another place too, and one of the strangest replies was 'I would, but we have a rat problem in the area'. Never really thought about rats, or snakes (snakes aren't really a problem in Belgium, and they wouldn't be able to get into your garden unless one of your neighbours released it in theirs.

17. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Ooooh I always sleep outdoors in my village, when you get drunk it doesn't matter where you sleep I think :p :p :p :p

18. Laetca

Laetca Guest

I should have added a 'while sober and fully aware of what you are doing' :p

19. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 16 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I guess yeeeeesssssss. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

20. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

I've camped in my garden in other peoples gardens and I'm just about to go out to the river and camp out tonight do a bit of fishing, diving for flounders and go eeling.

21. shtove

shtove Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bellew @ Jan 15 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    1. On a riverbank.
    2. Next to rail tracks.
    3. Under a truck (stationary).
    4. On the roof of a hospital in Manhattan (waiting for the July sunrise).
    5. Under a rose bush in the garden of a french guy who'd just served a prison sentence for the manslaughter of his wife. Really weird night.
    6. On TRF, listening to Teh Mite banging on about Northampton.

"No, I wasn't sleeping. It's just your conversation is hypnotic."

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!