Snooker - The World Championships at the Crucible

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
Anyone else following this? Rocket Ronnie is already into the final, but the other semi between Selby and Robertson is locked at 12-12 with the evening session to decide the winner.

Yeah, I've been following it, I reckon the only one equipped to beat Ronnie would be Robertson and even then everything would have to go right for him.

Agree. Although I should want an all English final, as a fan I do want a Robertson v O'Sullivan final. Still hope this last session is close and goes to the wire.

Yes, following the Robertson vs Selby semi now. Selby should take it and Ronnie will win it. The semi Ronnie played was just remarkable.

Great semi. Well done Selby. Yeah I love watching Ronnie play; just poetry in motion when he's on song. The Federer of snooker; so will be backing him to win his 6th world ***le.

It's just amazing to see how easily Ronnie can still put people away when he's on form, and it just makes it better that he's fantastic to watch. If he plays at even 80% tomorrow and the next day I reckon he'll beat Selby.

O'Sullivan the best there's ever been, no doubt.
Shame he comes across as such an ****ole and learnt to play on a table paid for by his criminal father.

Without Alex Higgins snooker would never have become mainstream and shown on tv, without Jimmy White snooker wouldnt have sustained its popularity post Higgins, and now without Ronnie snooker would be dead and the others would be skint.

The dour, boring nerdy types (Davis, Hendry, Doherty, Williams and co.) owe their entire earnings to the exciting folk who kept snooker popular. Terry Griffiths was a fantastic cure for insomnia.

Ronnie is the most gifted player ever, and when he's in full flow no one can touch him. Snooker is a tedious game that is suited to dull, unimaginative people (the likes of Davis and Hendry, hence them winning so much). Excitable folk get bored very easily and lose focus (A.Higgins, Jimmy White, hence them not winning as much). Ronnie would have had ten ***les by now had he not become disinterested so often, putting towel over his face, giving up on frames that didnt require snookers, quitting game midway through it..etc etc...looks as though age has settled him down more, less excitable, and he's winning more as he gets older. The rankings are a farce...awarding so many points to Mickey mouse tournaments is ridiculous. Ronnie is world no.1 and has been for some time.

Last edited:
If Selby keeps giving Ronnie easy chances like this, this will be game over pretty soon.

I reckon Selby is really tired, he looks tired they should have scheduled the finale tomorrow. Ronnie is playing with soo much ease

O'Sullivan the best there's ever been, no doubt.
Shame he comes across as such an ****ole and learnt to play on a table paid for by his criminal father.

I never got the impression of him as an arsehole. He had a fairly messed up upbringing and I think that showed in his 20's. He seemed a bit petulant, and certainly didn't enjoy the limelight that his immense talent brought him. I think he's matured somewhat over the last few years, which has been reflected in the fact that he's finally picking up the number of ***les he should be.

I don't think it helps that he doesn't seem to particularly like snooker.

If you ever see Ronnie in interviews he's always very calm and quiet, never thought of him as an asshole either. Sometimes appears a bit cocky when he's on fire around the table but who cares, it's what makes him exciting to watch.

Nice of the BBC to give the NZ couple tickets for tomorrow's final sessions.

Hoping Ronnie doesn't run away with it; as much I admire a master at the top of his game.

Ronnie always comes qcross well in interviews. Rather have a beer wth him than any of that other lot. Mark Williams is a miserable git (no wonder him and that other sour face Hendry are mates). Mark Allen, Judd Trump..two constantly *****ing. Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins come across as nice chaps. Snooker drains the life out of you so Ronnie has done really well lately to maintain an even keel.

Yeah, I was a bit OTT with 'arsehole'. Blame it on AIV (Alcohol Impaired Vocabulary)

This final is slowly getting away from Selby. He's just not potting heavily enough.

Well, well, well; how things change. 4 frames in a row for Selby. 10-9 now and we have a competitive final.

Poor shot there by O'Sullivan, you can tell he's starting to get a bit frustrated

Selby is playing very smart by not giving Ronnie any rhythm.

Latest posts