• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So how is this tackle a bannable offense...

kovana

Bench Player
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Blues
from the tahs vs Saders match.
tumblr_now136Ckeo1sg3nzko1_540.png

Will skelton and Latu are cited and banned for it...

However.. this went unpunished?

BOD.jpg

I'd need to see video which is really important in any offense as the moments leading up to it can have a massive effect on the outcome to qualify any opinion.

However they both look pretty bad from those pictures.

I'd need to see video which is really important in any offense as the moments leading up to it can have a massive effect on the outcome to qualify any opinion.

However they both look pretty bad from those pictures.

The tahs tackle.

lwd1f.gif

The BOD incident.

4123740_o.gif

Oh it's Lions BOD incident (sorry couldn't tell).....yeah nobody has a bloody clue on that one but it was eons ago now no point arguing over it like the Welsh still moaning about last world cup.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously it was 10 years ago officials are way better at citing and making sure people in current matches in recent years.

The tahs tackle.

The BOD incident.

FFS mate, that was 10 years ago... GET OVER IT ALREADY!

Besides, the past is another country, and they did things differently.....No TMO, no referee video review, midnight citing limit.

It was the BOD incident that led to the changes in the Law and the spear tackle memorandum. You cannot then try argue for application of the revised Law retrospectively.

I'll tell you what... the first test of the Lions tour of New Zealand in 1959 was won by the All Blacks 18-17 (six penalty goals to four tries a conversion and a penalty goal) but since tries are now worth 5 points instead of 3 points, lets go back and change the result to 25-18 to the Lions.
loser.gif

Last edited:
What would you like me to say about it? It should have been a card. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove? How long ago was the BOD thing. The Skelton/Latu thing happened just last weekend and there was a lot more in that game than just a dubious tackle. There was also a different set of precedent for just how much referees in this years Super are cracking down on those sort of things. That was one of the main gripes, was that it wasn't really consistent with other incidents we've seen this year.

Last edited:
What smartcooky said. The Bod incident was an influential case that brought about eventual changes. The disproportate punishments between the two is exactly because after the BOD incident there was a recognised need for change. If the Umaga Spear happened now, the offending player would get a red card and a long ban.

i fail to what the 1st test in Christchurch 10 year ago has to do with some game where 2 NSW players get banned.

FFS mate, that was 10 years ago... GET OVER IT ALREADY!

Besides, the past is another country, and they did things differently.....No TMO, no referee video review, midnight citing limit.

It was the BOD incident that led to the changes in the Law and the spear tackle memorandum. You cannot then try argue for application of the revised Law retrospectively.

I'll tell you what... the first test of the Lions tour of New Zealand in 1959 was won by the All Blacks 18-17 (six penalty goals to four tries a conversion and a penalty goal) but since tries are now worth 5 points instead of 3 points, lets go back and change the result to 25-18 to the Lions.
loser.gif

All in favour say aye

Lol best thing about BOD's career was that he never beat the All Blacks

Latest posts