• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Soccer (football) boots vs. American Football cleats

Dear Cooper35,

[BLINK]American Football boots are not allowed in Rugby![/BLINK] The toe cleat (the one in the front middle) is banned.

Wouldn't that have been easier to put in your first post?

Wouldn't that have been easier to put in your first post?

No offense, but I assumed someone at your club would have said this by now. What club are you playing in which no one has told you what position to focus on, and basic rules about cleats, and equipment?
I know that comes off as a bit smug, and I appologize for the overall tone of this comment, but I had hoped that the reason you were considering soccer/rugby styled cleats was because someone had mentioned to you that you couldn't continue playing with american football cleats.

Regardless, now you know. Hopefully you've returned the ones you purchased, even though we suggested several ways to get soccer/rugby style cleats, and are going with a better option.
If we can help you out with any information regarding position play, training, rules/laws, etc... please feel free to post it here or shoot a PM. I, personally, will be more than glad to help you out and answer any questions you have.

There'd be no studs at the front of the boot if he did that, almost pointless having cleats on if there's no grip for the front 3rd.

Sorry for digging this one up but if you would go for soccer boots and you replace the studs, what would be the ideal length of the studs? 15 or 18 mm

15mm for the front 4 (or 6) and 18mm for the 2 on the heel,
Most studs come in a pack of 12x15mm and 4x18mm

I was just asking as here in Belgium you can buy them separately and I'm doubting if they would have both seizes.

Latest posts