• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Socks down??

when i played a few years ago, ok it was like 12 years ago o_O i didnt wear shinpads and i was hooker. the oposing hookers i played against always did and i got kicked alot in the first few games. i think they were aiming at me rather than the ball. so i decided f**k this i am gonna wear shin pads. it stopped people kicking me in the shins and every now and again i would come against a hooker without them so i tried to get em back :)

but winger??? na **** off :D

remember mine was school boy rugby and after a few games i had trouble walkin to my classes at the start of the week. not that that would have bothered me much but meh

when i played a few years ago, ok it was like 12 years ago o_O i didnt wear shinpads and i was hooker. the oposing hookers i played against always did and i got kicked alot in the first few games. i think they were aiming at me rather than the ball. so i decided f**k this i am gonna wear shin pads. it stopped people kicking me in the shins and every now and again i would come against a hooker without them so i tried to get em back :)

but winger??? na **** off :D

remember mine was school boy rugby and after a few games i had trouble walkin to my classes at the start of the week. not that that would have bothered me much but meh
[/b]

To be honest mate being kicked in the shin is part of being a hooker, if ya cant take it your in the wroung position! I have never had them and have been kicked heaps but if you are in the right state of mind it wont hurt a bit and should only make you play better. Everytime I got kicked my props and locks would go mental and we where unstoppable. You ever been 3 timed by a prop a hooker and a lock then driven over the top of? I think you can imagen howthings would work out :wall: ... lets just say if you ****** our team off atleast 3 times out of ten an abmulance would end up coming. It happend twice against two aussie teams once. Admittidly one of them was because a dude got tackled so hard that he did wake up for a few hours hahahaha :zzz:

its not like i chose the position, and it was my first year as playing so i didnt have a clue what i was doing anyway, i was only the hooker as i could throw the ball in straight and hook with both legs.

other than that i was utter crap, nothin wrong with wearing shin gaurds really, especially if you are after confidence which thats really all it did. got to look after yourself as well, but winger doesnt need it at all

I no longer care about shin pads, however kidny pads would be handy...

Too. Much. Excercise...

lol shinpads

might as well have a vagina
[/b]

Quoted for truth.

Teh Mite, you should be ashamed to even consider playing rugby in shin pads. May as well wear a helmet while you're at it.

haha wel Norm Hewit used to wear them, but sholder pads are alright, i have to wear mine to protect my sholder as my AC joint has been seperated twice but what do kidney pads do?

Cover my kidneys when their in pain. Which is a regular thing after a drink these days.

look at vid or pics of him in the RWC 2003 he is most deffinetly wearing something around his waist..

sif he was, I remember the commentators back at the RWC always said he was carrying a spare tyre. Although that didn't stop him from owning everybody.

kidneys are actually an organ that's not protected very well... a good, hard hit near the kidney can f*** it really well... and man.. u dont want to have a f***ed up kidney after the game, coz u cant drink then!

would be nice to see lomu running around the park again, busting thru the poms and tearing the defences of the le francais apart.right now.. dont think he's in any shape to even play s14 rugby

Latest posts