• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some Questions

R

Rugby game fan

Hi there,

I have a few of questions.

1. Does anybody think body weight helps a player run through tackles?
2. Are some Hookers better than others at throwing in, or is it all down to you?
3. How does the in-game 'Stamina' of a player affect their performance/likihood of injury. Does it really matter if it gets low, and do the players really go downhill enough to warrant a sub?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to answer!

Cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
1. Does anybody think body weight helps a player run through tackles?[/b]

I reckon it's just cosmetic - I think it's the game variables like speed, etc that influence that, along with whether they are a "tackle breaker" or "crash baller". But I could be wrong, I don't know much about the inner workings of the game.

2. Are some Hookers better than others at throwing in, or is it all down to you?[/b]

I think it probably has less to do with the hooker throwing than with the locks competing (assuming they match up short/medium/long of course).

3. How does the in-game 'Stamina' of a player affect their performance/likihood of injury. Does it really matter if it gets low, and do the players really go downhill enough to warrant a sub?[/b]

I haven't noticed it myself, I rarely sub. Then again, I also noticed that any custom players created will ALWAYS have lower stamina than the default players.

Originally posted by Rugby game fan@Mar 21 2005, 04:40 AM
Hi there,

I have a few of questions.

1. Does anybody think body weight helps a player run through tackles?
2. Are some Hookers better than others at throwing in, or is it all down to you?
3. How does the in-game 'Stamina' of a player affect their performance/likihood of injury. Does it really matter if it gets low, and do the players really go downhill enough to warrant a sub?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to answer!

Cheers
The Jamie Gough answers: (Or attempts to answer)

Q 1. Does anybody think body weight helps a player run through tackles?

JGA 1. It should, like in Madden, but no, I think it is safe to say that in Rugby 2005 it doesn't. If they have 'Tackle Breaking' as a 'Special Ability' then that does, but weight does not.

Q 2. Are some Hookers better than others at throwing in, or is it all down to you?

JGA 2. 'Lineouts' is a stat that the players have in their abilities. Thats a good question, but I would guess that for the AI the lineout stat may make a differance, but if you are playing on the team that is throwing in, then I would again say no.

Q 3. How does the in-game 'Stamina' of a player affect their performance/likihood of injury. Does it really matter if it gets low, and do the players really go downhill enough to warrant a sub?

JGA 3. I don't think it makes differance on the liklihood of an injury, however they do slow down, and the most noticable performance that it impacts on is when you kick for goal, you will notice that if your kicker is rather fatigued his accuracy is worse, you will see that when kicking for goal the area in which you stop the metre at for accuracy is smaller than when he was at 100%.

Jamie Gough

Cheers Jamie, interesting answers. I think strength helps a player run through tackles for sure. Interesting point about a kicker's accuracy diminishing when they are tired. Has anyone else noticed this?

Latest posts