• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some stats

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
before killing this 2014 6N section, I came across those stats.

Note: if anybody has another viable source for good stats besides ESPNscrum, like one that shows 'Turnovers won per player', please let me know.

- Ireland scored the most tries with 16.
- Ireland had the best scrum statistically with 89% won (off own feed) vs France's uncanny 70%.
- Ireland had the best lineout with 93.3% of theirs won.
- Ireland were the least penalized with 36 penalties. Healy had the most pen. for Ireland with 4.
- Wales were the most undisciplined side. Jenkins receiving 8 by himself.
- Neither England nor Ireland got the slightest card.
- O'Mahony got the most individual turnovers won at the breakdown (7) ahead of Chris Henry, Launchbury and flanker Mathieu Bastareaud all with 6 apiece.
- Mike Brown made the most individual breaks (10), meters (543) and beaten defenders (25) than anyone in the tournament. He's also co-scored the most tries (4, with Sexton).

thanks for the stats Big Ewis is there a stat for most carries ?

Just goes to show how simple a game international rugby is. I maintain that the Ireland side that won the championship this year wasn't a patch on the 2009 side in terms of raw ability, but they're remarkably well drilled. We won our own ball and didn't give the opponent many chances to score. If you can do that then you should be able to back yourself to score a try or two every game.

Just goes to show how simple a game international rugby is. I maintain that the Ireland side that won the championship this year wasn't a patch on the 2009 side in terms of raw ability, but they're remarkably well drilled. We won our own ball and didn't give the opponent many chances to score. If you can do that then you should be able to back yourself to score a try or two every game.

Definitely, only current Rob Kearney, Healy and one of Sexton or Murray could improve the 09 team in my opinion, maybe Best too actually.

Definitely, only current Rob Kearney, Healy and one of Sexton or Murray could improve the 09 team in my opinion, maybe Best too actually.

Wasn't Kearney in the '09 side? Or do you mean he is playing better now than five years ago?

It's worth remembering as well that Tomás O'Leary had a fantastic season in 2009, and would have had a good chance of challenging for a Lions Test spot if he hadn't gotten injured.

Edit: Never mind, only read your post properly now. :p

wouuuuuld you look at all those Irishmen smell their own farts !! My goodness, get a hang of yourselves ! ;)

No, we are top. All of Europe trembles at the sight of our shadow.

Latest posts