• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sony PSPhone

As the article mentions, that's a prototype model, I believe it has changed a bit aesthetically since.

Don't worry, I'm nothing to do with it, so slate away all you like!

EDIT: Ok, the particular one in this article may not actually be real. Take from that what you will.

Last edited:
Pointless imo, but for some reason gaming on mobiles is a big thing. No idea why people would prefer to play some stupid game on their iPhone than play some decent games on their PS3/XBox/Wii/PC.

Pointless imo, but for some reason gaming on mobiles is a big thing. No idea why people would prefer to play some stupid game on their iPhone than play some decent games on their PS3/XBox/Wii/PC.

Everyone has a mobile (and they are all getting more sophisticated) these days, not everyone has a console. Opens up whole new demographic sectors to games developers who put in (comparatively) little effort to create games which will sell, due to the generally less discerning nature of mobile gamers.

Non-gamers will buy a £2 mobile game, but not a £40 PS3 game (especially if they don't have the console!). Gamers may still buy both, just with lower expectations of the mobile offering.

I bought a couple of mobile games last year: Earthworm Jim and World Championship snooker. Snooker was good but EWJ wasn't.

I then got a new phone and downloaded a Sega Megadrive emulator and got the ROMs of EWJ and Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker for free. They were both ace.

I refuse to buy another game for my mobile.

The Sony PS Phone is one of my top favorites phones,thanks for sharing the link also which proved very useful for me.