• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sorry guys, this game is poor

S

sean43

Having seen many videos, and actually seen the game being played in my local Game-this game is pretty poor

Graphics are good, but the gameplay really lags behind any other sports game. Off a ruck your outsude half will always stand still, the tackles are rubbish aswell just like R2004. Rucks have more control but they are very similar to R2004, the crowd is poor considering when the home team scores a try you hear no real chant. Some nice touches include a shoulder charge etc, but this work with limited effect.

I may get hounded for this but you will all be very annoyed and dissappointed when you get the game yourself, I truly think HB Studios should never be allowed to develop a rugby game again. Take it from me, this game sucks

Before you say, look at locksleys reviews etc-look at the reviews and videos we all saw for r2004. They all said that this game was amazing. I hate to say it, but this is another major flop

Sean sean sean, when will you realize that its time to grow up... OK sure maybe it does suck SO F&cking what mmmkay? .

Its the best RUGBY game out there at the moment not the best SPORTS game ..

So what if it sucks according to you i will still play it to death because you know what i like the sport and i can live myself into the match even tho the tackilng lacks stuff and the gameplay --

GROW UP AND ENJOY WHAT IS GIVEN TO YOU.

PS -- If you cant ruck then who gives a f&ck

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 18 2005, 01:46 AM
Having seen many videos, and actually seen the game being played in my local Game-this game is pretty poor

Graphics are good, but the gameplay really lags behind any other sports game. Off a ruck your outsude half will always stand still, the tackles are rubbish aswell just like R2004. Rucks have more control but they are very similar to R2004, the crowd is poor considering when the home team scores a try you hear no real chant. Some nice touches include a shoulder charge etc, but this work with limited effect.

I may get hounded for this but you will all be very annoyed and dissappointed when you get the game yourself, I truly think HB Studios should never be allowed to develop a rugby game again. Take it from me, this game sucks

Before you say, look at locksleys reviews etc-look at the reviews and videos we all saw for r2004. They all said that this game was amazing. I hate to say it, but this is another major flop
well you are entitled to your opinion but you havn't actually played the game - Locksley and umosay etc have played it extensively so surley if the game was as c%£p as you say, they would have flagged it up???

And you're wrong about the 2004 reviews. Most of them were pretty bad, and locksey etc had seriuos reservatios about the game after they got the full version.

However, you might well be right. Its hard to tell what its like from the videos until you've actually played it.

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 18 2005, 01:46 AM

Another thing about stand offs - they only stand still when you havn't selected a set move, as mentioned by Locksley.

How can you say the tackles are rubbish!!

You didn't hear a real chant for the crowd because the team scoring was probably playing away from home. I think this makes a difference.

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Feb 18 2005, 01:52 AM
Sean sean sean, when will you realize that its time to grow up... OK sure maybe it does suck SO F&cking what mmmkay? .

Its the best RUGBY game out there at the moment not the best SPORTS game ..

So what if it sucks according to you i will still play it to death because you know what i like the sport and i can live myself into the match even tho the tackilng lacks stuff and the gameplay --

GROW UP AND ENJOY WHAT IS GIVEN TO YOU.

PS -- If you cant ruck then who gives a f&ck
Enjoy what is given to me, a crap game 'again' and I am supposed to enjoy it, please. You may play it to death, however you will find it is no where near as addictive as Jonah Lomu Rugby.

After this fails it will be WCR2 to come next. I honestly think that this game will sell well, but that is not for this board

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 18 2005, 02:05 AM
on that bulls v sharks game the home team scores loads and no cheer
Ok when the guy goes over the line the volume doesn't increase like it should. But there is a great build up cheer as the player approches the try line.

what I will say as I watch more videos, the flyhalf standing still when he gets the ball(when not initiating a setplay) is quite annoying, as it takes time for the back's pace to wind up, and gives the defenece the split second they need to settle and close gaps.

I'm hoping this can be recitified by pressing the sprint button before the ball reaches the player

sean43, take woodie, and the two of you sceptics can go play in the corner... on your own !

... the rest of us are aware this will not be the best sports game ever... but we're told with good authority that this will be the the best rugby game so far

... the guys who have played it have all said it (and mentioned a few flaws), but still think it is the best rugby game to be released (even over JLR)

... yourself and woodie continue to tell us that you thinks its crap, but neither of you have played it - stop the nay-saying until you have played it (the full version that is) and then you can actually put some weight behind your thoughts

... watching the videos that are given to us and picking holes in them is not being realistic, fair enough if you can see the flaws, but if you were actually playing the game would you have the time to notice all the nuances you've picked out... spectating is one thing and playing is another - and you've only done one of them

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 18 2005, 03:03 AM
sean43, take woodie, and the two of you sceptics can go play in the corner... on your own !

... the rest of us are aware this will not be the best sports game ever... but we're told with good authority that this will be the the best rugby game so far

... the guys who have played it have all said it (and mentioned a few flaws), but still think it is the best rugby game to be released (even over JLR)

... yourself and woodie continue to tell us that you thinks its crap, but neither of you have played it - stop the nay-saying until you have played it (the full version that is) and then you can actually put some weight behind your thoughts

... watching the videos that are given to us and picking holes in them is not being realistic, fair enough if you can see the flaws, but if you were actually playing the game would you have the time to notice all the nuances you've picked out... spectating is one thing and playing is another - and you've only done one of them
Took the words right out of my mouth

Sean I've noticed in your other posts that you seem a little obsessed with crowd noises/chants etc (80% of your posts)

Is you disappoitment in the crowd noises featured in 2005 clouding your judgement of the rest of the game perhaps
<

i think you need a good crowd to add to the overall experience, however gameplay is a must.

I have seen the full version being played in my local game, and it did not impress me much. It is a hell of a lot better than R2004 but not as good as all these people on this board are building it up to be

where's your local game? ... I've been down to mine a few times now and not even the slightest of mentions of the game even existing!

but thats Belfast shops for you... bugger all interest in anything other then soccer that'll sell to the masses... shitheads!

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 18 2005, 04:25 AM
i think you need a good crowd to add to the overall experience, however gameplay is a must.

I have seen the full version being played in my local game, and it did not impress me much. It is a hell of a lot better than R2004 but not as good as all these people on this board are building it up to be
well if its a hell of a lot better than rugby 2004 then thats a start - hopefully it will get better and better each year until it does finally does reach peoples expectations.

why don't you play it the next time you are at game and then see how you feel?

It is not hard to be better than R2004 but I see your point. It was around 8.30am on tues morning, the guy had a promo copy which he played for around 5 mins. I wanted to play so bad but he said he was not even meant to be playing it

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 18 2005, 05:09 AM
It is not hard to be better than R2004 but I see your point. It was around 8.30am on tues morning, the guy had a promo copy which he played for around 5 mins. I wanted to play so bad but he said he was not even meant to be playing it
I don't think you can come to too many conclusions seeing a game for just five minutes. You need to play it for several days and weeks to really get an accurate impression of it. The guy you saw playing it might have just been really c£$P and didn't know how to harness all the game's functions eg side steps, setplays etc

Imagine if you saw the gameplay of JLR for only five minutes. Your opinion about it would be very different believe me!

If you compare....

- your opinion based on seeing the game for 5 minutes

- Locksley's opinion after playing it for days

Who do you think we are going to believe?

It is up to you who you want to believe but i have viewed all the videos posted on here and up unitl tues morning I had not made my mind up. I dont mind if people dont believe me all I am trying to say is that this game if going to be another dissappointed to us all

sean, I know what you're getting at, but until you've played it you're in the same boat with all of us.

I admit, I'm beginning to look forward to it more and more, but I'm reserving definite judgement until I've played it.

That you've seen it up close and personal is cool, but as my great-grandpa used to always say, "..."

(He's long dead and I never met him so I've no idea what he used to say. Sorry.)

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 18 2005, 05:26 AM
Imagine if you saw the gameplay of JLR for only five minutes. Your opinion about it would be very different believe me!
Sean43...I think what Jimmy44 has pointed out is probably fair......

Though in saying that it is always good to have someone to question the validaty of a game. So good on you mate for being objective.

On a Halo2 forum I was on..there were people (including myself) who questioned whether Halo2 would live up to the hype. We were always getting bagged and told to take a hike for questioning Halo 2's capability.

However there were major differences between this forum and that one.

On the Halo 2 forum NO ONE had played it (previous to release) or even seen it. On TRF several members have played it, some have played it extensively, and we have seen a lot of videos......so before the release day TRF has given the game a fairly good testing. The overwhelming consensus following thorough exposure by these members unanimously gives the game glowing reports.

Following this most of TRF members argue for or against the game from LOGICAL points of view (this includes yourself). Halo forums argued their cause with no intelligence but just "this game rocks all others" statements. So many aspects of R2005 have been nutted out on threads. When you read and discuss them overall the feeling you get still leans towards a very good game to say the least.

TRF members in the past have been the harshest critics and have experienced many times the anticipation and vain hope for a game only to be let down (4 times). With EA sports R2005 there was a presupposing acceptance that this was goping to be a flop (after 2 failed attempts). The Halo 2 forums were still riding on the wave of the first Halo so expectation was high. TRF community in all fairness have been expecting this year that WCR2 would be the game to get, not R2005. The conversion of Locks, AK47, Umosay, and others towards R2005 has made everyone wake up and take notice.

Finally..your own testimony of having only seen it for five minutes and not playing it at all (the person who was playing it sounds like a novice) does not give too much evidence to your opinion. Locks has already stated that unlike JLR and SJRL, R2005 is NOT a "pick up and play." Like Madden, EA looks to have made it into a true sim agme requiring mastery...in short, for the serious rugby fan. This implies an already established knowledge of the game is required, the casual gamer and the rugby laws deficient person will find it a bit confusing. Just like Madden is for the beginner.

Hope the game is good for you Sean...and for all of us
<

I truly hope this game is good, but from the actual game and the videos it does not look so. We will see in a couple of months whether people will still be playing it, most will rave about it at first. However I cannot see this game being very addictive because I know for sure a lot of people will find out how to cheat the game (locksley said others know)

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 18 2005, 05:55 AM
It is up to you who you want to believe but i have viewed all the videos posted on here and up unitl tues morning I had not made my mind up. I dont mind if people dont believe me all I am trying to say is that this game if going to be another dissappointed to us all
i respect u for sticking ur chin out and slander the game

but, just like the others, and myself (until 3 weeks ago)..........u havent NOT picked up a controller and played it....i have played it, so IMO your completely out of context and way off the mark!!!

if i looked at JLR back when it was 1st released, without playing it..........i would assume its crap.

saying its crap, without playing it, is like saying the BMW M3 is a peice of ****, without getting behind the wheel

oh that movie is crap - after only seeing a 5 mins preview
oh i hate seafood - when u havent even tried it

ur kidding mate

i am hypocritical tho - i said to myself "what a **** thread this is" - without even looking into the posts.

talk about expressing ur opinion without any hand on experience!!
reminds me of HB/EA with 2004!!!!

Be gone Sean, and wait till u play it...only then can u justify what u have said.

Latest posts