• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa A vs British and Irish Lions

1 is great for both of us but 2 it starts to do more favours to SA than it does to us.

Gatland said we won't be playing them again though so looks like a no go.

Well the good thing is that we will see first hand if players with credit in the bank like Murray, Biggar and Faletau are ready to play in the tests. For me Price has been the best 9 and Conan the best 8 but I don't think either will start.

I'm v concerned about 8, 9 and 10 TBH.
I agree on 8 and 9. Biggar I'm not concerned about. He's not the exciting player I'd like to see but when it matter he will make his kicks, make his tackles, take the high balls and be steady. I'd argue he's ideal to come on at 50 to steady the ship. IIRC that's how Gatland used him in 2019 when they won the Grand Slam. But that aside he's fine.

For out sake I hope Murray find form and quick. At least Simmonds and Conan are playing well

Faletau looked back to his old self in the 6 nations, not really transferred to the tour so far, he looks off the pace a bit. Lions have struggled to get the best out of Simmonds, which is one of his issues of picking him I suppose.

Purely from the perspective of winning the series I think that having 2 games against SA A could be quite beneficial for the Lions. It would give the ability to try out and contrast different play styles (ie. dual opensides vs a big blindside, 2 solid but uncreative centres vs bringing in a more creative Faz or Daly, etc.) against what is essentially the test team and go into the tests with the knowledge of which was more effective.

From a viewers' perspective though, it would be pretty boring.

I think it's a shame that Duhan isn't playing this game. I'm no fan of his but he has been impressive so far and it would've been good to see him go up against Kolbe just to get an idea of how he'd perform against him defensively.

Despite being a smaller guy Kolbe's defence is fine. Saying that though VDM has been bumping off players left right and centre. As long as you give him the ball he will probably make metres.

Despite being a smaller guy Kolbe's defence is fine. Saying that though VDM has been bumping off players left right and centre. As long as you give him the ball he will probably make metres.
I meant see how Duhan would deal with Kolbe rather than the other way around.

I'm missing the dressing room talk and seeing the players play pranks on each other. This series has been very dull so far. The extended interviews with players aren't that exciting. It's not really behind the scenes at all

I'm missing the dressing room talk and seeing the players play pranks on each other. This series has been very dull so far. The extended interviews with players aren't that exciting. It's not really behind the scenes at all
I know what you mean. There's been a little bit with hiding Bill and what not but generally pretty tame. Was nice watching this though.

Meltdown Feels GIF

Latest posts