• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa in Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Jan 7 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 7 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Jan 7 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, just who in the hell is Doug Bollinger trying to kid with that ridiculous looking hairpiece?[/b]

who cares? he's playing test cricket
[/b][/quote]

Yes, he is... very averagely in fact. I just had to have a dig at his rug!
[/b][/quote]

Judging a bloke playing his first test match <_<

Did you watch him bowl? He was bowling supurbly for a debutant or are you jugding him by his bowling figures? I saw one plumb LBW he didn't get against Duminy, and I heard there was another one he missed out on that was plumb as well. his 2nd over of test cricket produced to smith edges, chances gone begging that went for four. how many times have Bowlers got smith edges this series??

I didnt think the pitch was a joke though, classic pitches always detoriate on the last two days. Its great watching bowlers going for the cracks

EDIT: Hayden dropped for 20/20 and ODI squad

BTW Macdonald has real potential

im sick of watson and symonds, even though they are Queenslanders.

though my first preference would still be playing a pure batsman at no.6, who could bowl a bit

Was at the SCG for the 4th day of the 3rd Test, great atmosphere. I damn near had a heart attack the night before watching Matthew Hayden survive until stumps, was relieved when he saw it through though. He batted superbly until he copped that unlucky inside edge. They said on the ABC that unless us members knew something they didn't, they had no idea why we were giving Haydos such a standing ovation when he departed. I admired him so much, it's such a shame I won't be able to see him bat again.
Great day though, did anyone else go?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 8 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
BTW Macdonald has real potential

im sick of watson and symonds, even though they are Queenslanders.

though my first preference would still be playing a pure batsman at no.6, who could bowl a bit[/b]

Yeah, thats why I want to see McDonald bat for longer than he did. He looked solid when he got his 15 (apart from almost losing his head to Morkel). But as you say, he does have real potential.

I have never rated Watson as a test player, keep him in the ODI's only. As for Symonds, well he's been in pretty poor form by his standards.

What about bringing Shaun Marsh in? Looks like a decent batter. And why was Bracken not considered for the tests? Surely he's better than Dougie B and Siddle.

Oh, and my rant on Bollinger has everything to do with the channel nine commentators. They talked him up so much it was just painful to watch him try so hard before he finally got a wicket. Also, Smith plays late shots through the slips cordon more than any other batsman in the world which is probably why he got the outside edge a lot.

i dont know about marsh, they dont show domestic cricket on FTA anymore and ill too lazy to give a **** about domestic cricket

brackens never been given a go in test cricket which is a shame and confusing at the same time considering hes from NSW.

What a feckup that was by SA!

That Warner guy from the Aussies batted really good and is that Shuan Tait on nitro steriods or what...152km/h with his first ball and almost (probably did) break AB de Villiers's hip bone.

Only highlight for SA was JP Duminy's 78 and that "french cricket" shot from him of Shuan Tait for a 6, the only 6 from SA in this match!?!?!?!!??

Aussies I feel will be much stronger in the ODI's and could possibly win the ODI series, especially with SA missing Greame Smith (aka captain of the world)

yeah that 6 was quality but it was all over for SA once Morkel got out, for South Africa to have had any chance they needed him and Duminy to keep going right till the end.

Whats this talk of Shaun Tait not being able to back up and play the next 20/20 in Brisbane? How could anyone not back up after bowling 4 overs max? The blokes destroying himself with every time he bowls.

What a superb innings by David Warner... If ever we could find a replacement for Matthew Hayden, this would be it!

I thought it was pretty cool also that after Shane Warne's first sentence to Mark Boucher, he picked up that he was talking to Warney. I would have no idea who the hell I was talking to!

well that was an exciting game of cricket. Mike Hussey back into some good form.

Duminy is one of the best talents I've seen in years, he's gonna be real good.

Yeah Duminy is so far the only highlight in the SA team, SA are gonna get owned in the ODI's, especially if they continue to pick that c**t Gibbs!

Loots Bosman is a much better one day opener then Gibbs currently.

Aussies to win the ODI series 4-1

well South Africa made hard work of it in the end having been so well set with the partnership from Duminy and McKenzie but great effort from Morkel to see them home in a great finish.

Never a crap ODI between these sides.

Gheez that Duminy can certainly play alright! 3rd time in a row that he has scored more then 50 runs in a one-day game, hope he gets a 100 in this series, would be amazing! :bravo:

pity he gave away his wicket with such a nothing shot when he was so well set, didn't matter ultimately but a century was there for the taking

Clarke has been ruled out for the rest of the series so that's a big blow for the Aussies

South Africa win the toss and put the Aussies into bat, Warner now gone for 5, good for SA considering the damage he did in the Twenty20.

idiot Aussie commentator saying it was Australia's to lose at Melbourne, surely it was SA's to lose given the partnership from McKenzie and Duminy.

De Villiers finally gets a catch as Kallis gets Ponting. Still though those dropped catches could prove crucial especially the first one by McKenzie, he really is a liability in the field.

that was a great last 10 overs from South Africa, Kallis and Steyn bowled beautifully during the batting power play and Ntini also picking up wickets in the final 10 as well.

You've got to think SA can chase down 250.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 18 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
idiot Aussie commentator saying it was Australia's to lose at Melbourne, surely it was SA's to lose given the partnership from McKenzie and Duminy.[/b]

Who said that?

Latest posts