• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa Super Rugby Teams do transfers during the Lockdown period

There will be soon I think. Our President relaxed the conditions for sporting codes last night and contact sports are now allowed to train, while non-contact sports are given the green light to play again without crowds in the stands.

My guess is that another 2 weeks and then rugby will also be given the green light to play. And SARU is already busy with planning a tournament with the idea of all the teams playing at one venue like Emirates Airlines Park in Johannesburg.

Thank you very much. I enjoy watching the South African teams play and look forward to a Super Rugby SA tournament.

Last edited:
Will Jesse kriel rejoin the Bulls?

It seems more and more doubtful. But it mostly depends on what happens in July. As far as I understand some of the SA players contracts expires now the end of June. So I guess we'll see more news on this topic in the weeks to come.

It seems more and more doubtful. But it mostly depends on what happens in July. As far as I understand some of the SA players contracts expires now the end of June. So I guess we'll see more news on this topic in the weeks to come.

Where do you think he will end up? Surely he is too good a player to stay in Japan.

Where do you think he will end up? Surely he is too good a player to stay in Japan.

If he returns to SA, it will surely be the Bulls.

There has been many rumours flying around that Kriel and the Bulls management are in frequent talks, and I've not seen any other teams being interested in him.

Just an update.

The Lions have acquired the following 4 players:

Ruan Dreyer
Jaco Visagie
Burger Odendaal
EW Viljoen

Now that the Bulls have lost their captain and inside centre, it really does beg the question who is Jake White going to sign next?? We are seriously understocked in the backline as we've lost the services of Odendaal, Kotze, Sage, Specman and Gelant

Late to the party but it is a big shame for the Lions that they weren't able to keep Malcolm Marx.

Latest posts