8 Warren Whiteley (captain)
9 Faf De Klerk
10 Handre Pollard
11 Cheslin Kolbe
12 Francois Steyn
13 Jessie Kriel
14 Bryan Habana
15 Curwin Bosch

Torsten Van Jaarsveld is not a South African. He's Namibian, and featured for them in the last RWC.

Bryan Habana won't make it to the next RWC. He's too old, and we have so many new wingers coming through the ranks, that is much faster than him, and some with even more skill than him.

Other than that, can't disagree too much with that team. Although, Faf de Klerk is is such poor form now, he doesn't even make the bench for the Lions, and if he goes to the NH, he won't qualify to play for the Boks anymore as he doesn't have enough caps.

I think we have better flankers than Kolisi. Marcell Coetzee and Francois Louw springs to mind in place of Kolisi. I would also pick Duane Vermeulen ahead of Whiteley.

Surely Marx at hooker and Combrink on one of the wings?
Also, I'm 99% sure Habana won't be there. If he hasn't already retired by then he won't be far from it and, as already mentioned, there are quite a few good young wingers coming through SA atm. At least one of them is bound to step up and claim Habana's spot.

Surely Marx at hooker and Combrink on one of the wings?
Also, I'm 99% sure Habana won't be there. If he hasn't already retired by then he won't be far from it and, as already mentioned, there are quite a few good young wingers coming through SA atm. At least one of them is bound to step up and claim Habana's spot.

Marx would be my first choice at hooker. But I'm hearing that Bismarck is back in contention for that spot. So it will be interesting to see what happens this year. It's still way too early to say what our team will look like in 2019.

I think we have better flankers than Kolisi. Marcell Coetzee and Francois Louw springs to mind in place of Kolisi. I would also pick Duane Vermeulen ahead of Whiteley.
How long can FLouw go without having any time on the beach? He's not had a break from rugby for 6 years alternating between Premiership rugby, June tours, QN and November tours.

How long can FLouw go without having any time on the beach? He's not had a break from rugby for 6 years alternating between Premiership rugby, June tours, QN and November tours.

Well, last year was the first time he didn't perform that well for the Boks...

And then he got injured. Which was more than enough time for him to spend some time on the beach...

His performances for Bath have been notably decreasing for the last 2 seasons; and I really wouldn't count rehabbing an injury as down-time...

He'll be 34 come the world cup, potentially going 8 years without an actual break from rugby; I just think that's a little optimistic.

Latest posts