• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

What do people make of the Hogg bite? Footage not really conclusive for me, but equally can't see what else he's doing.

What do people make of the Hogg bite? Footage not really conclusive for me, but equally can't see what else he's doing.
Doesn't look good from the pics. Citing office has 24 hours to charge him. Think he'll be dropped anyway for Williams.

Maro is more of a concern with him kneeling on DDA's neck.

Yeah Itoje's didn't look good. Kolbe x2 and Faf are the others you'd think would be cited. Wouldn't be surprised to see no action in a desperate attempt to not incite further controversy.

Yeah Itoje's didn't look good. Kolbe x2 and Faf are the others you'd think would be cited. Wouldn't be surprised to see no action in a desperate attempt to not incite further controversy.

If Fak gets cited then so should Mako imo

If Itoje is cited DDA needs cited as well for the punch.

Even then the Itoje one would be harsh imo

I am 99,9999% sure he did not bite WLR. People react in very specific ways when bitten. That did not happen.

Itoje's look bad but things like that happen every single game. Play on.

I didn't like Itoje's constant ****le. Every time he was in the back of the screen he was having a sly dig or sarcastically applauding an opponent (right in their face), hoping to draw a reaction. I also didn't like his appealing and wide-eyed innocent protestations to the ref every time either. He definitely wasn't the only one doing this, but definitely a chief culprit.

I also didn't like the back's arm waving appeals. I had hoped Biggar had ironed it out of his game, but it seems not.

I agree that "everyone does it" and "it's part of the modern game", but I don't like it and I felt the Lions were doing it much more.

Soo who wants to bet itoje will be the only one cited from that game and given a ban?

Why is our gameplan give it to the ten, kick it into the most contested area and hope our backs magically gather the ball...

We should be kicking for territory and pinning the boks back into the 22 and hoping that itoje or Lawes can steal the line out ball...
With Murray so slow and kicking poorly and Biggar doing nothing offensively we invited the Boks to do what they are best at. Although the back 3 were very poor it seemed pointless to me to put them under constant pressure. Gatland isn't one to roll the dice but unless there is an attacking plan the Boks will roll us over in game 3. Henderson for AWJ, Beirne for Conan, maybe Watson for Currie. Price to start. Williams and Adams maybe. Biggest problem for me is 10. Think Biggar and Farrell have proven they cannot create but can't see Gatland risking Russell. Smith an option but asking an awful lot and could destroy his confidence.

Problem with Biggar is he poses no running threat. So the Boks just pretty much ignored him and blitz'd the next receivers and we kept losing ground with the backs. Logic would say play some grubbers in behind to make them think twice. But the only plan was up and unders.

Problem with Biggar is he poses no running threat. So the Boks just pretty much ignored him and blitz'd the next receivers and we kept losing ground with the backs. Logic would say play some grubbers in behind to make them think twice. But the only plan was up and unders.
That's the same criticism about him made for Wales. IIRC Gatland dropped him and used Anscombe to start for the Grand Slam in 2019. Biggar has always struck me as a more natural 12

I really hope they give LRZ a shot this week, he really looks like a top class player