• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

@TRF_Olyy Just to break up the ref chat, we clearly must have had a bet where I lost and had to donate to a charity, can't quite recall what our bet was, but long story short this showed up at my parents house.

IMG_20210730_114034__01.jpg

Thank Christ my parents are away.

Edit: Irish Cancer Society FYI.
Edit 2: point of clarification the bet was with @the alpha bro that Ex would beat Leinster and I guess I decided to stick it to Olly while drunk?

Last edited:
@TRF_Olyy Just to break up the ref chat, we clearly must have had a bet where I lost and had to donate to a charity, can't quite recall what our bet was, but long story short this showed up at my parents house.

View attachment 11843

Thank Christ my parents are away.

Edit: Irish Cancer Society FYI
Post in thread 'Champions Cup 20/21 - Quarter Finals' https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/champions-cup-20-21-quarter-finals.47732/post-1033800

You made the bet when Ster were down by 14 and all!

Untitled.png

Made me chuckle, I do like Rassie, he's cut from the same cloth as EJ, he'll just do and say anything to play mind games and try and get into the heads of the oppo players and coaches, you've gotta love it..

Agree this whole Rassie thing is a sideshow. Suspect it will work and Boks win tomorrow controversially, giving us something else to "discuss" and take it to a decider next week.
Just to clarify if you please; would any Bok win be controversial in your eyes or are you expecting a controversial game specifically? Thinking it over with the context Erasmus has created any outcome is bound to have an asterisk attached to it. Mind you I would much prefer it being us on the "oh, get over those sour grapes" end of it :p

And that would set up a spicy 3rd test assuming the OTT reactions stop with Rassie and things don't come to a point where SA is banned from competing in WR sanctioned events or something equally OTT. Who knows where the line is these strange days!

Does Kolisi want a ban now? Okay that's hyperbole but so is what he said because honestly the reality if that's the case the real people who broke the integrity of the series were those who decided it was okay to appoint a non-neutral TMO.

Yeah, that line of complaint is....unexpected

Slightly veiled accusations of racism

If he wants to feel disrespected then get refereed by Nige, treating players like toddlers at times!

"Christopher!"

Yeah, that line of complaint is....unexpected

Slightly veiled accusations of racism

If he wants to feel disrespected then get refereed by Nige, treating players like toddlers at times!

"Christopher!"
Yeah as I've pointed out a few times he's more a victim of the weird way AWJ seams to butter up refs than racism, I'm sure if Murray was captain he'd see the two being treated equally.

Does Kolisi want a ban now? Okay that's hyperbole but so is what he said because honestly the reality if that's the case the real people who broke the integrity of the series were those who decided it was okay to appoint a non-neutral TMO.
Siya is a bad captain anyway and does not belong in the team he was just shown how to deal with a ref by a real captain.

Yeah as I've pointed out a few times he's more a victim of the weird way AWJ seams to butter up refs than racism, I'm sure if Murray was captain he'd see the two being treated equally.
Or if we'd named Farrell as Skipper, would it then have been reverse-racism?

It is an odd complaint though "Our captain is really shit at captaincy" - that's fine for us fans to say; but the guy who appoints the captain...?

Siya is a bad captain anyway and does not belong in the team he was just shown how to deal with a ref by a real captain.
I don't fully agree but I do feel Siya can be more assertive even if it is well outside his nature. Take a bet after the Lions series Rachel Kolisi calls the entirety of peoples involved in the tour in any way all racists on Instagram?

I don't fully agree but I do feel Siya can be more assertive even if it is well outside his nature. Take a bet after the Lions series Rachel Kolisi calls the entirety of peoples involved in the tour in any way all racists on Instagram?
Each to his own ! And of course Rachel will have some racist claims after the tour. Loves the spotlight.

Latest posts