• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

Getting back to the main topic of this thread, which is tomorrow's 2nd Test Match, I haven't seen anything on BBC Sport or elsewhere to suggest that Dan Biggar won't be able to play tomorrow, and it seems that he is now taking part in training. Which means, hopefully, that we won't need to bring on Farrell until the last 15-20 minutes, so that he can take his time over penalty kicks to close out the game.

Getting back to the main topic of this thread, which is tomorrow's 2nd Test Match, I haven't seen anything on BBC Sport or elsewhere to suggest that Dan Biggar won't be able to play tomorrow, and it seems that he is now taking part in training. Which means, hopefully, that we won't need to bring on Farrell until the last 15-20 minutes, so that he can take his time over penalty kicks to close out the game.
It was confirmed in the press conference he is fit for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be fun. Sport is best when teams are desperate and don't like each other.

Luckily I don't follow too much rugby media aside from direct releases and the like, from the links here it's a pretty crap look for the sport to be honest.

I could even understand more if it was a genuinely poor performance from the match officials but it was far from biased and nothing truly controversial happened. All that fuss? Really?

Luckily I don't follow too much rugby media aside from direct releases and the like, from the links here it's a pretty crap look for the sport to be honest.

I could even understand more if it was a genuinely poor performance from the match officials but it was far from biased and nothing truly controversial happened. All that fuss? Really?
Shannon Frizell got a two-game ban for hitting a woman and we are questioning the "look" for the sport over some ref banter?

Tomorrow is going to be fun. Sport is best when teams are desperate and don't like each other.
Since when were the Lions desperate and why would they care about Rassie's SA slagging off the officials in public? For what you say to hold water World Rugby would have to be playing SA tomorrow.

Reactions post-first test (and in tour matches) showed how much kinship there is between them all. This is the least edgiest Lions tour (on the pitch) I can recall.

Back in August 2002, in a Tri-Nations game between SA and NZ, a Bok supporter, clearly unhappy with referee David McHugh's decisions, ran on to the pitch and assaulted the referee, dislocating his shoulder. He was punched by Richie McCaw, and wrestled to the ground by forwards from both teams, then thrown out of the ground.

Following that game, SA struggled to win any games against Tier 1 opposition, culminating in a 53-3 defeat by England in December, and then losing to England again 25-6 in the 2003 RWC Pool game. They were thumped by NZ and Australia in that year's Tri-Nations as well.

Could Rassie's toy-throwing rant have a similar effect on future Springbok results?

I do wonder after Kolisi comments how much its effecting the Sprinbiks camp. Expect tomorrow to be an ill tempered affair. I wonder who is our designated chief wind up mechernt.

I do wonder after Kolisi comments how much its effecting the Sprinbiks camp. Expect tomorrow to be an ill tempered affair. I wonder who is our designated chief wind up mechernt.
Chad Itoje vs Virgin Kolisi

Curry will definitely having a nibble, as well - can't help himself

Back in August 2002, in a Tri-Nations game between SA and NZ, a Bok supporter, clearly unhappy with referee David McHugh's decisions, ran on to the pitch and assaulted the referee, dislocating his shoulder. He was punched by Richie McCaw, and wrestled to the ground by forwards from both teams, then thrown out of the ground.

Following that game, SA struggled to win any games against Tier 1 opposition, culminating in a 53-3 defeat by England in December, and then losing to England again 25-6 in the 2003 RWC Pool game. They were thumped by NZ and Australia in that year's Tri-Nations as well.

Could Rassie's toy-throwing rant have a similar effect on future Springbok results?
And then the generation of teenagers who watched that game realized that the world is against us, especially the refs. And so the generations that was bred that day resulted in the 2007 world cup win. Bryce lawrence in 2011 and Romaine Poite caused the youth of South Africa to again aim for that trophy. We only know adversity. Tough times breeds great people. Nic Berry has potentially created a monster.

Below is two articles, take it with a pinch of salt. Its gamesmanship. It shows you how desperately both sides want to win and i think thats good for rugby, good for the concept of the Lions and good for tv numbers come test 2.

Lions captain Jones was 'on a date' with referee, says former Bok skipper https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/...ith-referee-says-former-boks-skipper-20210730

Bok assistant coach takes aim at World Rugby, says Gatland 'destroyed the dignity of the series' https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/...-destroyed-the-dignity-of-the-series-20210730

(Its all banter, just joking around)

Last edited:
Tom Curry was that person in the previous game no doubt

Latest posts