• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British & Irish Lions - Test 1

Widely trailed so no great surprise in that sense but few would have predicted that team before the trip began. You can see what he's thinking and I think there's a lot to like, but some bold selections which will open up Gatland to a lot of flack if they misfire. I, for one, like the idea of Lawes at 6 for this series - there, I've said it!

Trip's all been a bit meh so far but at least the gloves are coming off now. Obviously there will be some changes for the following tests for injury or tactical reasons, but for a number of players their playing is now done; feel sorry for them and for the management in keeping them feeling part of it.

I like how the North South African club has slowly disbanded throughout the tour as the NH posters started realising that Gatlands selections has merit and ultimately makes more sense than their own opinions reinforced by the player performances in the weekly warmup fixtures, slowly extinguishing their predisposed conceptions of their once rival home nations, which has now become their friend and ally against the world champions.

I like how the North South African club has slowly disbanded throughout the tour as the NH posters started realising that Gatlands selections has merit and ultimately makes more sense than their own opinions reinforced by the player performances in the weekly warmup fixtures, slowly extinguishing their predisposed conceptions of their once rival home nations, which has now become their friend and ally against the world champions.

Why did he just repeatedly say "I'm a massive, clueless ****" for three mins.
Sourced my Boks jersey for my rugby teams BBQ and all!

How has the north South Africa club isbanded??????

The north South Africa club is

giphy.gif

Looks like the North South African club have pulled the plug on youtube videos on this thread:eek:

Not unhappy with the selection but Lawes in front of Beirne is a strange one. If Conan has to be replaced, Curry to 8 and H Watson comes on?
AJW won't do 80mins, so Lawes better be ready for the full 80, either as a 6 or a lock. Can't see Itoje going off unless injured.
Henderson very unlucky, so too Jamie George. Had to be close between him and Ken Owens. Just glad Mako didn't make it. He can't scrum, end of.
Farrell very fortunate to be in the matchday 23 but you can see he can fill in at either 10/12, something Aki couldn't. Also, he is a Gatland favourite.

Hopefully no tour ending injuries and a close game. Unfortunately I make SA strong favourites. Dunno what the bookies are giving.

Not unhappy with the selection but Lawes in front of Beirne is a strange one. If Conan has to be replaced, Curry to 8 and H Watson comes on?
AJW won't do 80mins, so Lawes better be ready for the full 80, either as a 6 or a lock. Can't see Itoje going off unless injured.
Henderson very unlucky, so too Jamie George. Had to be close between him and Ken Owens. Just glad Mako didn't make it. He can't scrum, end of.
Farrell very fortunate to be in the matchday 23 but you can see he can fill in at either 10/12, something Aki couldn't. Also, he is a Gatland favourite.

Hopefully no tour ending injuries and a close game. Unfortunately I make SA strong favourites. Dunno what the bookies are giving.
Its possible that lawes and awj both come off, beirne comes on at lock, watson to seven woth curry to 6.

My money is on the Lions. The unofficial test was lost by the Lions rather than won by SA. Throw in the unseen tactics and plays, and the Lions should take it

And we're playing Daly again
And we're playing Hogg who once got himself red carded within the opening minutes? What's your point? Players make mistakes and learn. Plus, we both know SA A saw the players told to ignore the real gameplan as to keep things hidden

And we're playing Hogg who once got himself red carded within the opening minutes? What's your point? Players make mistakes and learn. Plus, we both know SA A saw the players told to ignore the real gameplan as to keep things hidden
But silly to come up with the red card. Hogg was at least on the pitch for a quarter of the game, Daly got his in the 4th minute

Dalys defensive record on tour is the worst of the squad, tackle success rate of 64%

Any opinions on who i should support?

Edit: its important, i have huge psychic powers (and a metallic purple aura, just saying).

Last edited:

Latest posts