• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British & Irish Lions - Test 1

Fitzgerald and Francis are absolute *****. I don't understand why they have a platform or know any rugby fans who listen to it respect their opinions.

Fitzgerald and Francis are absolute *****. I don't understand why they have a platform or know any rugby fans who listen to it respect their opinions.
Thing is there is clearly a market there or they wouldn't be hired. It's like during an election when you think your party is doing well, but actually you're just seeing posts from people with similar views to yourself. Unfortunately, just because you don't know any, doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Thing is there is clearly a market there or they wouldn't be hired. It's like during an election when you think your party is doing well, but actually you're just seeing posts from people with similar views to yourself. Unfortunately, just because you don't know any, doesn't mean they aren't out there.
I mean there must be a market you're right, but I think they just make their living off awful hot takes. No doubt people absolutely back Fitzgerald for his anti project player line, but I'd like to think outright racism is enough for the Independent a major paper to can the *****.

Edit:
And right on time https://www.the42.ie/neil-francis-comments-marcus-smith-5504172-Jul2021/

The thing that really worries me is that while Francis said it, how many editors, producers etc. listened to him say it and thought that it was appropriate to put out into the public domain without so much as editing it out (as has now been done)?

The thing that really worries me is that while Francis said it, how many editors, producers etc. listened to him say it and thought that it was appropriate to put out into the public domain without so much as editing it out (as has now been done)?
Think they did a live version and it was edited out of the later release, which is maybe worse???

Hi all, new to this forum, but been around for years on others.

My prediction for tomorrow's first test: Lions to make a fast start, three tries in the first half, good game management in the second to keep the Boks pinned down, and Lions to run out winners 29-16.

No major injuries to either side, and no controversial TMO decisions.

That will set it up nicely for Test 2, with mostly the same selected teams.

I mean there are issues with this, not that he'll be biased but its the appearance of being free from bias that's crucial
Imagine if you had either an English or SA TMO adjudging that Robinson try/no try in 2007, would not have gone well. Hopefully no massive decisions, but given TMO involvement these days, its definitely a worry
Was it not Josh Lewsey you are refering?

Just watching the first test from 97. Massive no arms hit from Rodber that sent Honnibal into orbit. No-one batted an eyelid. Times change.

Latest posts