• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs FIJI

The Springbok team for Sunday is as follows (existing caps in brackets) and RWC Tests after.:

1. Os du Randt (77) - 13
2. John Smit (71)© - 9
3. CJ van der Linde (45) - 4
4. Bakkies Botha (41) - 9
5. Victor Matfield (64) - 8
6. Schalk Burger (35) - 5
7. Juan Smith (38) - 8
8. Danie Rossouw (28) - 7
9. Fourie du Preez (35) - 3
10. Butch James (23) - 3
11. Bryan Habana (32) - 4
12. Francois Steyn (13) - 4
13. Jaque Fourie (34) - 7
14. JP Pietersen (12) - 4
15. Percy Montgomery (91) - 9
16. Gary Botha (12) - 1
17. Gurthro Steenkamp (12) - 1
18. Jannie du Plessis (2) - 0
19. Johann Muller (19) - 2
20. Wikus van Heerden (12) - 4
21. Ruan Pienaar (17) - 3
22. Wynand Olivier (19) â€" 2
23. Andre Pretorius (29) - 4

People, stop worrying about the Fiji scrums/lineout/goal kicking.

All it takes is just 1 good break, 1 good gap.

Thats all we need and the tries will just take care of themselves.

Go Fiji, rip apart the boks defensive line. :D

Oh and Maleli Kunavore cant defend or catch , he showed crap defense against Australia.

Fiji: 15 Norman Ligairi, 14 Vilimoni Delasau, 13 Kameli Ratuvou, 12 Seru Rabeni, 11 Sireli Bobo, 10 Seremaia Bai, 9 Mosese Rauluni (captain), 8 Sisa Koyamaibole, 7 Akapusi Qera, 6 Semisi Naevo, 5 Ifereimi Rawaqa, 4 Kele Leawere, 3 Henry Qiodravu, 2 Sunia Koto, 1 Graham Dewes.
Replacements: 16 Bill Gadolo, 17 Jone Railomo, 18 Aca Ratuva, 19 Wame Lewaravu, 20 Jone Daunivucu, 21 Waisea Luveniyali, 22 Gabiriele Lovobalavu.

I predicted the starting line ups and got one wrong in the because of an injury to Jone Railomo.

If they won, i will run around Bath stark naked. Along with my best friend whom is South African!

After today I am honestly rattled to the bone.

we better play like our lives depended on it from now on, because if the Aussies and the ABs can cop it, so can we.

After today I am honestly rattled to the bone.

we better play like our lives depended on it from now on, because if the Aussies and the ABs can cop it, so can we.
[/b]

That makes two of us. I was astonished (no offense to England, in fact, I was supporting them :p) to see England win Australia. But nothing could have prepared me for what happened later that day - France beating New Zealand. Numbers 1 and 2 in world rugby out of the RWC at the quarter-final stage. Let's hope #3 doesn't follow suit.

i think after today SA will come out balls to the walls for this match...knowin that KO rugby is no joke and how muhc fiji will be up for it....we've seen now how teams with nothing to lose are extemely dangerous

Come on Fiji, would be a great result for the World Cup... The South Africans are playing some great rugby, but the Fijians are putting loads of pressure on them...

Should be an interesting game...

This is turning out to be a Great game, They have come back with a man down... Fiji are on top and looking like the best side...

Four points.

1) The best team didn't win.

2) Anyone who says that South Africa are composed obviously hasn't heard of Shalk Burger or any other South African forward.

3) With Percy Montgomery idly watching Fijians race by, Francois Steyn lugging illeigal line out ball half way across the pitch into his own try area, Du Preez showing his frailties with a pack in dissaray at times and Shalk Burger unable to even understand the concept of walking one yard and grounding a ball (those four or five attempts by Mr Burger at the end there at the end of each scrum to get over the line became more and more comical as time went by)....even Scotland could edge a win over South Africa in their current form!

4) Argentina, if they can beat Scotland, must be rubbing their hands with glee at this moment. Lets see what happens when the Bok pack meets an opposing pack willing to play just as powerfully and with the same level of endurance. We'll at least get to see how Du Preez handles being scrum half to a back pedalling pack.

England 0 South Africa 36 a few weeks ago.
Suddenly, you wouldn't be surprised if England beat these. South Africa are the worst team to go through in form of the QF'S.

In the last 10 minutes against England South Africa took their foot off the pedal, since then they have been battered by Tonga, at times ripped apart by USA and now taught running rugby by Fiji. England are slowly going up, South Africa slowly down.

SA didn't play the game they were supposed to play, ie. a structured close game.

But even with that I am so absolutely amazed at some of the calls made or more importantly -not- made.

Forward passes, high tackles, hands in the ruck, people coming off the scrum, even the Victor try.
I'm with you guys that SA didn't play their best game, but the reffing was extraordinarily poor.

SA didn't play the game they were supposed to play, ie. a structured close game.

But even with that I am so absolutely amazed at some of the calls made or more importantly -not- made.

Forward passes, high tackles, hands in the ruck, people coming off the scrum, even the Victor try.
I'm with you guys that SA didn't play their best game, but the reffing was extraordinarily poor.
[/b]

Yep, agree wholeheartedly about the calls not made...but ...... c'est la vie
Can only imagine what the reaction would have been had one of those dirty, cynical, thuggish Springboks had made some of those high tackles

Fiji are filthy ******** - but South Africa showed too much class and in the end they did what they needed to, to close out the game and shut up Fiji and their runs which resemble your local addict on speed: Doesn't quite know what he's doing or where he's going, but he feels like he just supposed to do it.