• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs France

What needs to happen is when someone comes onto the forum insulting other nations that people of the same nation pull them back into line. It doesn't happen and then you get the reaction I gave.

Steve-O gave him a warning for swearing, and i also agreed that he was being ridiculous. I can't really do more than that without being an asshole. He is a new member, and is probably tanking all of his deep down words and feelings in early times. Don't you remember Versus? He was raping all things South African in every single thread, and i don't recall you being anywhere telling him to pipe down. All new members are the same, and don't ever stay long enough to turn themselves into regular, and good contributors. Sad really.

Steve-O gave him a warning for swearing, and i also agreed that he was being ridiculous. I can't really do more than that without being an asshole. He is a new member, and is probably tanking all of his deep down words and feelings in early times. Don't you remember Versus? He was raping all things South African in every single thread, and i don't recall you being anywhere telling him to pipe down. All new members are the same, and don't ever stay long enough to turn themselves into regular, and good contributors. Sad really.

I wasn't going into anything other than the Rugby 2012 threads and Versus wasn't even doing that in those threads, so I never knew of it until now. He was up to different crap. Besides that, I actually was the one who banned Versus.

I believe that's Check and Mate, mate lol.

You banned him? That's a plus rep for your South New Zealand officering ass.

You banned him? That's a plus rep for your South New Zealand officering ass.

lol. I might as well make it clear, when it comes to members of the Rugby Forum I treat everyone the same, from new members all the way up to Dan. If someone is causing major nationalist issues, I tend to step in. It's a fine line. Banter between nations is what makes test rugby so good. The line is when someone continually gives another nation a hard time, tries to make out that they are inferior on an individual human or potential ability level when compared to their own.

Usually the best indicator that someone is just having fun, is that they clearly have one or two posts which give a level of respect or praise to the other nation. Thats really how it should be, people being able to give a fair bit of needle and banter, but showing that their bias isn't to the degree of causing offence.

Dude...I tore him a new one, every stupid post he made.

I've been reading over the last few posts and I see that I've given you guys the wrong idea about me. I really don't think of New Zealand as a crap side at all. I know they are the best international side of all time with alot of fantastic players. All I'm saying is at the moment they're not looking as tough as they used to be. I know that on their day, New Zealand won't even have much of a problem against the Boks or France. But I just feel that it hasn't been their day for a while and it might be a little bit longer. This really is a mis-understanding as I do rate New Zealand rugby very highly, and I do apologise for giving anyone the wrong idea or offending anyone. I didn't want to insult New Zealand, I really meant that this isn't the best that the AB's have been which you have to admit is true. I also agree that when guys like Vito, Jane, Dagg, Franks etc. are in their prime, the ABs will be completely dominant again.

I wouldn't say mediocrity, but certainly not as powerful as they used to be. If you think Australia is stronger now then you obviously don't watch rugby. Australia got absolutely raped in last year's tri-nations and lost to Scotland. South Africa also beat New Zealand 3 out of 3. And your Leicester comment is really a bit stupid. That wasn't even near a B team. That was more like our C and D team. Earl Rose who can't even make the Lions 22 was in that team.

You say that like it was a Leicester 1st team; There were semi-pro players from ND1 sides out on loan in that Leicester team. Had Leicester been at full strength, that bunch of misfits who PDV picked for Welford road probably wouldn't have made their points tally into double figures.

I've been reading over the last few posts and I see that I've given you guys the wrong idea about me. I really don't think of New Zealand as a crap side at all. I know they are the best international side of all time with alot of fantastic players. All I'm saying is at the moment they're not looking as tough as they used to be. I know that on their day, New Zealand won't even have much of a problem against the Boks or France. But I just feel that it hasn't been their day for a while and it might be a little bit longer. This really is a mis-understanding as I do rate New Zealand rugby very highly, and I do apologise for giving anyone the wrong idea or offending anyone. I didn't want to insult New Zealand, I really meant that this isn't the best that the AB's have been which you have to admit is true. I also agree that when guys like Vito, Jane, Dagg, Franks etc. are in their prime, the ABs will be completely dominant again.

Once you say something like that, then it's only natural that we discover that there is some balance to your discussion. On isolated occasions you've come across as giving a balanced view and that's really what it's all about.

The weight of dozens of negative sounding comments made you sound like you had an agenda, if you don't well then it's fine.

No-one is saying that you can't be critical, even across several comments, but it's about weight of words really.

Like with your Jimmy Cowan comment. You said "Jimmy Cowan is utter crap" as though it was an absolute rule of the universe. If you'd said "I think Jimmy Cowan is fairly crap, he must have some ability to get the All Black jersey, but I just can't see it", then you come across sounding balanced.

Mind you that was just one of several knee-jerk comments. Sure it's good for a bit of banter and debate, but occasional posts like the one above show that your not really just an unfair guy.

As for "I know that on their day, New Zealand won't even have much of a problem against the Boks or France", that's slightly on the side of too generous. Those sides would be a hard ask even with an on form New Zealand.

Respect for that mate, good on you for taking it by the horns and clearing things up. I really look forward to hearing more from you as you clearly do know a lot about South African rugby.

Gee guys will you stop twisting your panties over this? You look like a granny tea party...Maybe he doesn't have a way with words like you guys do, or he's a bit hot blooded, like me...
Anyway it's good to have some confrontational posters (not too confrontational mind), gets the board moving a bit.

Enjoy you stay here writer, but don't you bag France or I'll cyber-kick your ass:p

Btw is there a possibility to have different/bigger smilies?

Gee guys will you stop twisting your panties over this? You look like a granny tea party...Maybe he doesn't have a way with words like you guys do, or he's a bit hot blooded, like me...
Anyway it's good to have some confrontational posters (not too confrontational mind), gets the board moving a bit.

Enjoy you stay here writer, but don't you bag France or I'll cyber-kick your ass:p

Btw is there a possibility to have different/bigger smilies?

LOL. I'm sure you don't mean that people can post whatever they want, but we can't give them a hard time about it. It's free speech either way.

Anyway back to the game. I'm seriously hoping France cop a bageutte over the head from South Africa, as I'm not keen on them firing South Africa up to do well in the Tri-Nations.

motivatorf3dc21c2&.jpg

Nah don't any of you worry. We are gonna rape the French just the way they like it. In every position. :p

Nah don't any of you worry. We are gonna rape the French just the way they like it. In every position. :p

Yeah coz that's what you guys do in SA I believe. Don't worry we have a fair amount of tricks up our sleeves as well...

It's gonna be a brutal game that's for sure...

Hey guys, my first post...

I think it's going to be a really,really tight game on Saturday, and hopefully not a "penalty-fest". I don't know the French team that well but what I do know, and gathered from a few posts on here and articles, is that the Frenchies' scrum is something that's going to be a problem.

It's going to be interesting to see how our front row does against them, since that could possibly be our front row for 2011?

Something else I'm worried about is Januarie and Kirchner, let's hope Ruan comes off the bench soon and prove to PdV that he should start at 9 for the rest of the season.

I also think we have the edge in the midfield, but! We've had problems breaking the line and showing flair in our backline, it's been a long time since we've seen some good tries scored, hard to explain...

I predict... Bokke by 3 or 5 :)

Obviously a few quota selections in there, not much one can do about it.
I think fullback is a fairly undecided position for SA, Joe Pietersen is off to France, Terblanche is too old to be considered for the RWC, Riann Viljoen has not had enough time at Super 14 level, and Pat Lambie seems to be only a star of the future. I think the selectors are right in punting Frans Steyn (I rate him highly btw), as it might make him think "Maybe I should go back to SA, if I want to play in the WC"
All in all this means that Kirchner is probably our best option of fullback right now, and Aplon would be dominated and targeted if he were to be the main man at the back.

Obviously a few quota selections in there, not much one can do about it.
I think fullback is a fairly undecided position for SA, Joe Pietersen is off to France, Terblanche is too old to be considered for the RWC, Riann Viljoen has not had enough time at Super 14 level, and Pat Lambie seems to be only a star of the future. I think the selectors are right in punting Frans Steyn (I rate him highly btw), as it might make him think "Maybe I should go back to SA, if I want to play in the WC"
All in all this means that Kirchner is probably our best option of fullback right now, and Aplon would be dominated and targeted if he were to be the main man at the back.

Too bad he is sh*t...I don't think I've ever seen him run the ball back, ever. You just know he's gonna kick it away

Too bad he is sh*t...I don't think I've ever seen him run the ball back, ever. You just know he's gonna kick it away

Yup. Exactly why i can't stand him either. Kirchner is average at best. Nowhere near good enough to be an international 15.

Yup. Exactly why i can't stand him either. Kirchner is average at best. Nowhere near good enough to be an international 15.

I've said it before, Terblanche is/was the best fullback in SA by a country mile.....with the exception of if they'd ever played Frank Zappa in the past (did they ever do that by the way?).

Edit: get your mittens off my post you bad moderator...Zappa would have played stand off. He was the conductor, the ultimate play maker.

Last edited:

Latest posts