• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs France

That's more like it. Sexy rugby from the French leads to a try for Rougerie. Should make it 20-7. South African maul has been UberStrong.

Wow, SA playing some good stuff,the French appear to be having one of their headless chicken days, although fair play to SA for upsetting them!

South Africa have been epic. Their lineout has been massive adn their sheer physicality has been immense. Can throw it round as well. They look like world beaters on this form.

BJ needs to go off, I think this display is proof that if you want to play for the Boks you have to play in SA
BJ is playing for Ulster right?

Maybe the England/France RL match will cheer me up :p

Last edited:
South Africa vs. France player reviews - South Africa

Great game Bokke. Fantastic attackingperformance. Wonderful stuff. Here are my ratings for the South African players.

15. Zane Kirchner - 3/10. Ruined a try early on. Had a very simple opportunity and didn't pass, then knocked it on. As always he didn't pose any threat on the defence and mostly kicked the ball away whenever he came near it. One of the worst players to wear the Springbok jersey.

14. Gio Aplon - 9/10. Well, what can I say. Two fantastic tries showed that he is one of the most skilled attackers in South Africa. Such speed and agility - I truly hope this means no more JP. Pietersen. Aplon's defence was very dodgey though, and is the reason why I didn't give him 10.

13. Jaques Fourie - 8/10. What a big performer. A few line breaks and constantly looking for work. What a super rugby player Jaques Fourie is. His defence was also fantastic and he played a big part in setting up the first try.

12. Wynand Olivier - 6/10. Was good on crash ball and on defence. Was some what annonymous though. He didn't look like damagin the defencive line. Still a decent performance.

11. Bryan Habana - 7.5/10. Good game from Bryan. He became a bit quiet later on but he worked hard and initiated the first try.

10. Morne Steyn - 7/10. A few good moments but wasn't his best performance. Didn't have as big an impact as he can but he was solid and played well.

9. Ricky Januarie - 8/10. I'm normally not a fan by any means, but he played well. He set up what would have been a try if anyone but Kirchner had caught the ball. His passing was very impressive, though his defence was not good at all.

8. Pierre Spies - 6.5/10. Showed great pace when he scored the opening try, but really quietened down after that and slipped a few tackles. When he doesn't have space he's not very impressive.

7. Francois Luw - 8/10. A legend. What a fantastic game from the Stormers flanker. Superb at the breakdowns and a great try at the end of the game. He is one of my favourite players and he has a giant future ahead of him. I hope people now see my point that Juan Smith is not the best number 7 we have.

6. Schalk burger - 5.5/10. Barely saw him. Made a few tackles but really wasn't such an impact player today.

5.Victor Matfield - 7.5/10. He molested Francein the line-outs. He is truly the best line-out jumper in the world, hands down. That is pretty much where it ended though and I'd like to see him put more effort on defence.

4. Danie Rossouw - 8/10. Why do they call Tendai Mtawarira the Beast? Danie Rossouw is the beast!!! What a game from Danie Rossouw. So good on both attack and defence and he saved a try at the end. Was every bit as physical as Bakkies and proved that perhaps we South Africans do over-rate Bakkies a bit. Well played Danie.

3. BJ Botha - 7/10. Solid in the scrums. Didn't do much else, but that's what he's in the team for. Our scrum wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.

2. John Smit - 4/10. Please retire. Pretty please. He didn't tackle the French number 8 early on even though he was right next to him. He's too fat, he's too slow and he's too old. His scrumming was poor and he threw a couple not straight. Such a dissapointment to see him still playing.

1. Gurthro Steenkamp - 6.5. Would be alot lower then 6.5 if he didn't score a try. His scrumming wasn't very good and he is one of the worst defenders in the team without a doubt. No physicality what so ever and I really don't see his purpose in the team.

Ricky! You're weclome back at the Ospreys any time you like!

And, RugbyWriter, in reply to your 'Beast' question, that has to be because people can actually say 'Beast'.

Wooow was very interesting and tense match

enjoyed with heart and soul

Latest posts