• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs France

Quite amazing how Matfield made 11 tackles, Poitrenaud missed three.

Last edited:
Reading the SA line-up for this match I was just laughing. There were so many changes from the side that beat us in Cardiff, and those changes only improved the team and yet it was still nowhere near the strongest 15 that they could put out. It's ridiculous how much talent you guys have, easily the greatest squad depth in world rugby.

Reading the SA line-up for this match I was just laughing. There were so many changes from the side that beat us in Cardiff, and those changes only improved the team and yet it was still nowhere near the strongest 15 that they could put out. It's ridiculous how much talent you guys have, easily the greatest squad depth in world rugby.

Quite scary hey Cyril?

Not including the injured players, I honestly believe Aplon is a better bet at 15 than Kirchner. He played a good couple of games there for the Stormers and did well. If the coaches don't want to put him there we must bring Steyn in as a stop gap until our other FB's come back from injury. And if they don't want to do that then Terblanche must be the stop gap. Although he's old he's been the best 15 in SA for easily 3 seasons now. But with Ludik and Jantjes coming back from injury our depth will be insignificantly increased. Ludik hasn't been capped yet but will be a Bok very soon. He probably would of played 15 in the 3rd Lions Test if he never got injured.

I think if JP Pieterson(I still rate him as one of the best wingers we have) is ready again we might just see Aplon move into fullback(I think we might even see him move to fullback this saturday),F Steyn isn't going to play for the Boks any time soon although I hope he does and Pienaar might just have signed his Bok career away with the move to Ulster,seeing that you are a Sharkie,Steve-o maybe you will know where JP stands on the recovery list?

JP is still a while away, the last I heard he was due to resume training with the rest of the Sharks team when they regroup for the Currie Cup, which is at the end of the month
Even then he will probably only start light training, and may only be back in full contention around the start of August

Latest posts