• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Italy, Sat 19 June, Witbank, 13:00 GMT, 15:00 local

that Bergamasco (Mauro) is not in the squad, injured, we just have his youger brother playing at the winger (and he's no madcap)

keen to see how his young replacment (Simone Favaro) will perform

I'd say Boks to win by 42
Could've sworn it was Mirco that almost got into a fight with Mike Philips a couple of times?

Whatever happened to the flyhalf playing for Italy a few years ago Ramiro Pez? He wasn't the best flyhalf around but I always thought he was decent and controlled the play fairly well and he also played for the likes Leicester Tigers and Perpignan in his time so he had some quality. Although Craig Gower is at 10 for Italy now and was a very decent player in Rugby League for Australia hes a late starter in union at 32 and isn't going to be around for much longer imo. Besides I don't think he is as good at union but admittedly he does bring a very physical rugby league presence to an already very physical side so he fits in in that respect. I think that Pez was and still is a better option providing he is still playing, I think hes in his early 30's so still capable of making a good contribution if he was considered by Nick Mallet.

Pratichetti? Why not start Canale?
a test is use for testing someone, too... Canale just played 'til the Top14 final, he's experienced and experimented, probably NM just wants to see Pratichetti in his natural position togheter with Masi
Is Josh Sole not ivloved this time round? Always thought he was a handy operator. Or what about Paul Derbyshire?
Sole is injured, Derbyshire is a young and skilled flanker, born and raised in Tuscany (his father is english, Steve, a former player), he'll probably start the second test
While we ae asking about Italian players, anyone seen Andrea Marcato?
still injured: was in the Italia A squad for the Nations Cup in Rumania but got injured once more...
Whatever happened to the flyhalf playing for Italy a few years ago Ramiro Pez? He wasn't the best flyhalf around but I always thought he was decent and controlled the play fairly well and he also played for the likes Leicester Tigers and Perpignan in his time so he had some quality. Although Craig Gower is at 10 for Italy now and was a very decent player in Rugby League for Australia hes a late starter in union at 32 and isn't going to be around for much longer imo. Besides I don't think he is as good at union but admittedly he does bring a very physical rugby league presence to an already very physical side so he fits in in that respect. I think that Pez was and still is a better option providing he is still playing, I think hes in his early 30's so still capable of making a good contribution if he was considered by Nick Mallet.
Pez is not playing anymore at professional level, he's back in Cordoba playing at his former club La Tablada, honestly after the WC 2007 he has never been able to play at a decent level

true about Gower he's not a yougster but could be very useful for the WC 2011 though

Oh well thats a shame, quite liked Pez. Lets just hope that Gower really starts showing what hes capable of and proves that his decision to switch codes was a good one. I really hope that Italy give a good account of themselves tomorrow as after Wales they are my favourite team. Danit where in Italy are you from?

Nobody watching? Italy are winning!

Not really! Currently 29-3 to SA on 50 mins.

I had a dream last night that Italy won 25-23. Quite odd really, you'd think I'd have better things to be dreaming of.

Should've been another yellow for that pulldown - it's what O'Gara got pinged for against the All Blacks

Try from the lineout
29 - 10

Come on Italy!

Nah, O'Gara's was preventing a try scoring oppurtunity.

Good try Italia.

Ah! That could've been the perfect ending to the match, if it weren't for the knockon

Springboks 29 - 13 Italy FT

much better than expected by Italy, a magnificent comeback by Sergio Parisse, heart and soul of this team

South Africa vs. Italy - Player Ratongs

There's really no use in rating the players. A very average performance from the Springboks. So many handling errors and absolutely no attacking prowess. Kirchner may have scored a try (from 5m out with no defenders) but as always, he just kicked the ball away through out the game. Gio Aplon showed exactly why small players are dodgey - they have to constantly be at their very best or else they are ineffective. He was nowhere near his best today. The scrum started well, then got bad and only stabelised when CJ came on. Bakkies looked much better and didn't concede penalties. Januaire was useless as ever and Ralepelle's throwing was horrendous. Most of the team gets about 5 or 6. No pint in rating the players individually.

P.S: Bryan Habana, next time put glue on your hands before the game and Butch James, its your own fault that you're not gonna make the world cup team. You'd think he'd give a little bit of a f#*k on such an important game in his career, but he just messes around on the field. Before today I still believed he was SA's best flyhalf, but his attitude needs a quick change.

Latest posts