• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Italy, Sat 26 June, East London, 13:00 GMT, 15:00 local

Do i hear ******* vuvuzelas in the backround?! da **** is this?! a soccer match?!

The commentators said, us rugby fans are gonna have to get use to the sound of the vuvus? **** no, aren't they supposed to be banned?

WHAT THA FAAAACK?!!! They've just cut the coverage and put fackin cricket on!!! BULLSHIT!!!

where has the rugby gone?? did they announce the change in broadcast. I was outside for a few minutes
grrrrrrrr!

Thats ****, i had my provider do that to me the other day, except they swapped it to wrestling.

The score is 27-6 to SA right now it is half-time

@ Jake Heke the game is being played in East London in SA
and yes, vuvuzelas are banned at the rugby grounds in SA, don't know the commentator said that.\
I can imagine ***** trying to use it to distract the kickers

The score is 27-6 to SA right now it is half-time

@ Jake Heke the game is being played in East London in SA
and yes, vuvuzelas are banned at the rugby grounds in SA, don't know the commentator said that.\
I can imagine ***** trying to use it to distract the kickers

Funny you say that, when the Italians kicked a penalty the commentator said "the vuvuzelas didn't put him off that time". Then carried on to say, "they really are a beautiful sound"

Francious Low has really impressed me today, looks like Brussouw will have competition for the fetcher role

Looks like Jannie has just scored, being subbed straight afterwards.
Well done Jannie, made me wipe the yoke off my face

The quality of available back-rowers in SA blows my mind.

The Boks have been clinical today, the weather is excellent if I must say, hope the same weather is around for the Tri-Nations

Habana try 41-6

The Boks have been clinical today, the weather is excellent if I must say, hope the same weather is around for the Tri-Nations

Habana try 41-6

Agreed, the weather looks beautiful there for a game of ruggaz!

FT SA 55-11 Italy

MTOM was Francious Louw

Special mentions to Steyn, who had the usual good kicking performance and Pierre Spies, who performed strongly after a shaky start and Januarie, whom gave very good and quick delivery for once

Congragulations to Jannie and BJ, who scored their first international tries (I think Flip van de Merwe has already scored a try prior to this game)

Last edited:
Surely it was van der Merwe's first? He only made his debut 2 weeks ago, unless he scored last week?

Uh... I never said I'm better. But BJ botha is 100000000 times better then Jannie du Plessis. BJ Botha is one of the best scrummagers in world rugby. CJ van der Linde wasoutstanding for us in the world cup and 2008. He's back from injury now and he should be starting loosehead. And I'm getting tired of the John Smit debate. He's not the best hooker in the country - case closed. Look at how stupid he was when he threw that intercept pass against Wales! He's fat, slow and over the hill. People used to talk about how good his running game was but even that sucks now and he can barely make a tackle. Gary Botha and Tiaan Liebenberg were the best hookers in the Super14, Schalk Brits was Player's Player of the Tournament for the comp up north, yet none of these guys make the squad because of John Smit and Chilliboy Rallepelle. So, excuse me for not being so thrilled about this front row

I totally agree with you about John Smit. He is a great leader and a good player. He would never have come this far if he was not. He is however not the best Hooker in SA and it is sad that Gary Botha and Liebenburg are getting treated this way. Victor Matfield could easily take over the captaincy from Smit.

I hate when people say that. How many Super14 ***les has he captained the Sharks to? How many Super14 ***les has Victor Matfield captained the Bulls to? Exactly! We have a more then quality leader in Victor Matfield. So are you saying that SA will be nothing without Smt? Because the Bulls and Stormers sure seem to be doing fine! And you say Smit rarely makes mistakes.... you didn't happen to actually watch the SUper 14 this year did you?

Okay I was just exagerating about BJ Botha but there can surely be no argument that he's better then Jannie du Plessis? Surely there can not be one person that thinks Jannie "Yellow-Card" du Plessisis better then BJ Botha. And I don't see you arguing against CJ over Gurthro.

BTW, Bismarck isn't even that amazing himself. Gary Botha, Schalk Brits and Liebenberg are all better

Again I agree on the John Smit and Victor issue but CJ has been playing overseas and his fitness levels have dropped due to not playing many games for his club and Guthro is in better form (I can't believe I am saying that but it is true). BJ is good but Jannie has been more solid in the tests this year so far. He did not do too well with the Sharks but the Sharks are k... this year!

With regards to Bismark the same go's, the Sharks are k.... Bismark has played consistently and brilliantly for the Boks over the last few years and deserves the number 1 spot. Gary and/or Liebenburg do however deserve a chance to play a few test i.s.o Chilliboy and Maku!!!!

Latest posts