• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Italy

Let's follow the Aus example, rest some players, no worries, easy game right??
Not sure why we using Orie while having Nortjie and Jenkins. DDA on 13 is another terrible. Now we have dumb and dumber in the midfield.

Ideal game to give Evan Roos a start. I think his self confidence is 1 out of 10 at this stage. Should've started Manie at 10 also. Same reason.

Guess I should not post too much about the team Rassie might start putting out videos of why DDA should play 13.

Why is DDA unsuited to 13? I always consider him unsuited to 12 assuming that a strong ball carrier at 13 is more important than at 12 (where distribution is more important).

Boks selection looks too strong for Italy to have a crack at, but we shall see.

Not sure why we using Orie while having Nortjie and Jenkins. DDA on 13 is another terrible. Now we have dumb and dumber in the midfield.
That's an interesting comment. I haven't seen much of esterhuizen since he's been playing in Europe but I remember the general commentary from member in here when he used to play in super rugby was that he should be in the boks ahead of DDA because he Is smart and DDA is dumb.

DDA isn't as dumb as he used to be I don't reckon.

That's an interesting comment. I haven't seen much of esterhuizen since he's been playing in Europe but I remember the general commentary from member in here when he used to play in super rugby was that he should be in the boks ahead of DDA because he Is smart and DDA is dumb.

DDA isn't as dumb as he used to be I don't reckon.
He is/was decent at club level but just don't seem to be able to make the step up. He offers nothing more than DDA and he hardly bring anything to the table.

Last edited:
Would you rather play Jessie Kriel?
At 13 yes. There is a massive difference on defense between 12 and 13 and while I don't rate Jesse at all he have had 2 decent outings the past 2 games.

Why is DDA unsuited to 13? I always consider him unsuited to 12 assuming that a strong ball carrier at 13 is more important than at 12 (where distribution is more important).

Boks selection looks too strong for Italy to have a crack at, but we shall see.
DDA is slow. The 13 have a bigger area to defend. This combined with the fact that he never really play 13 ( inexperienced in the position ) with the fact that he is slow is not an ideal combo for defending on the 13 channel. He will be easy to beat and does not bring much in attack.

This is why you don't take Orie along because you might end up having to use him. I understand we want to rest afew but why oh why not then take opportunities.

If we are going to play DDA at 13 like in the old days for the Stormers I would've liked:

same, why not
4 Etzebeth
5 Mostert
6 Smith
7 Kolisi
8 Wiese
9 same
10 Libbok
11 same
12 Willemse
13 De Allende
14 same
15 Le Roux

same
19 Jenkins
20 Nortjie
21 same
22 same
23 Esterhuizen as Willemse can cover.

I blame the ref. ;)
All in good time, my friend. We are bound to drop this game with that selection and I will be amazed if Rassie doesn't do his thing. He has found his niche as a social media influencer.

I just don't get why Orie is starting while Nortjie and Jenkins is in the SA A team both is miles above Orie. Unless he is there to fill the BEE

Certainly seems like a good time to give some experience to your third choice ten and play willemse at 12.

All in good time, my friend. We are bound to drop this game with that selection and I will be amazed if Rassie doesn't do his thing. He has found his niche as a social media influencer.
Its actually quite surprising even SCW hasn't managed the fall from grace Erasmus has. From turning around the Boks to no hopers to world champions like he did was amazing. Now hes just blown his reputation up internationally.

DDA is slow. The 13 have a bigger area to defend. This combined with the fact that he never really play 13 ( inexperienced in the position ) with the fact that he is slow is not an ideal combo for defending on the 13 channel. He will be easy to beat and does not bring much in attack.
Thank you. It makes sense of why a good distributor like Am is at 13 and direct runner like DDA is at 12. I've heard of 12s and 13s changing position depending on whether they are attacking or defending. But I've no idea if this is practical or commonplace.

Latest posts